COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
Funny the NHS are happy to talk about myocarditis post covid vaccine openly.

You carry on sticking your head in the sand.

What’s the difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth? About six months

You keep trying to equate the two as equals. They aren't. Outcomes post covid are worse in all scenarios. You mention conspiracy which is funny because all conspiracies take a bit of fact and spin it into something more.

I find it baffling people still trying to undermine the vaccines at this stage.

Man of Honour
All medical interventions have a risk to cause harm, the COVID vaccines are no different.

However, they have done infinitely more good than harm on the whole.

Don
What has that got to do with his claims?

It's proven many times over now the risk of vaccine is many times smaller than covid itself.
His claim that you should take it easy after the vaccine as well?

Results: Pfizer and Moderna mRNA COVID-19 vaccines were associated with an increased risk of serious adverse events of special interest, with an absolute risk increase of 10.1 and 15.1 per 10,000 vaccinated over placebo baselines of 17.6 and 42.2 (95% CI -0.4 to 20.6 and -3.6 to 33.8), respectively. Combined, the mRNA vaccines were associated with an absolute risk increase of serious adverse events of special interest of 12.5 per 10,000 (95% CI 2.1 to 22.9). The excess risk of serious adverse events of special interest surpassed the risk reduction for COVID-19 hospitalization relative to the placebo group in both Pfizer and Moderna trials (2.3 and 6.4 per 10,000 participants, respectively).

mRNA vaccines are dogged with apparent issues, they're even now being implicated in shingles outbreaks in young people apparently.

Don
What is it with mods and losing the plot over vaccines lately?

Can the vaccines cause issues? Yes. Can COVID cause these same issues, but likely much worse? Also yes. Are you guys trying to pretend catching COVID is fine now or something, or do you just want to argue for the sake of it?
So are you saying someone who has been vaccinated in the last few weeks should ignore the potential heart risks and go out running marathons?

Soldato
So are you saying someone who has been vaccinated in the last few weeks should ignore the potential heart risks and go out running marathons?

I deleted that part of the post as I don't want to start this with you again, as you have been notorious for posting dubious information in the past that only looks good on first glance, but that study you linked is another crappy one you seem to be cherry-picking without actually properly reading it? It's not valid to compare AE's to covid hospitalisations within a finite time interval that only starts upon vaccination. You would need a much longer time interval to draw proper comparison between the two, otherwise you're neglecting too many factors (like community transmission levels at the time interval, and so on).

Don
I deleted that part of the post as I don't want to start this with you again, as you have been notorious for posting dubious information in the past that only looks good on first glance, but that study you linked is another crappy one you seem to be cherry-picking without actually properly reading it? It's not valid to compare AE's to covid hospitalisations within a finite time interval that only starts upon vaccination. You would need a much longer time interval to draw proper comparison between the two, otherwise you're neglecting too many factors (like community transmission levels at the time interval, and so on).
Haha, cherry picking data. That's a bit rich.

Also, it’s a bit rich saying that as someone who deliberately undermined a vaccine effectiveness trial by bailing out of it immediately after getting two injections. No wonder trial data is “crappy” as you put it.

Caporegime
absolutely, because the risk are practically non-existent. I ran 125km a few days after one of my vaccines.

If you think otherwise about the safety of the vaccines then your are absolutely deluded and should seek professional help.

Don
absolutely, because the risk are practically non-existent. I ran 125km a few days after one of my vaccines.

If you think otherwise about the safety of the vaccines then your are absolutely deluded and should seek professional help.
So you would say the same thing to young people after having covid then yeah?

Personal attacks don't really suit you ;)

Associate
How about this for an unusual story post COVID, my wife has an autoimmune disease (muscle wasting and B-Cell Depleted) before she got Covid, her condition was stable, but she struggled to do everyday tasks and could walk on average up about 6 stairs before she needed to stop and rest, then came Covid/Paxlovid(antiviral).

She tested positive on the Saturday morning (feeling very very rough “felt like Mike Tyson had punched her all over”) received Paxlovid on Sunday and then on Tuesday morning she came to me and said “ I feel unbelievable, it’s like I’ve had a gram of steroids”. She then cleared the Covid during the Paxlovid, after they finished she had what’s known as a Paxlovid rebound and then tested positive again for the next 9 days, 17 days in total(but very mild symptoms during the rebound).

She had her blood levels taken about a week after clearing Covid, her CK(an indication of her disease activity ) was 160( lowest for over 20 years) , a normal persons is between 50-100 and hers normally sits between 350-550, she now feels unbelievable, can get up and down stairs without needing to stop and rest and is flying round the house like superwoman.

I don’t know if it’s the Covid19 or the Paxlovid that’s done this, but I’m not kidding when I say I’m praying it continues for her.
That’s wonderful news. Long May it continue. I remember reading stories of people testing positive for Covid and their immune system then going on to clear their active cancer etc.

Soldato
mRNA vaccines are dogged with apparent issues, they're even now being implicated in shingles outbreaks in young people apparently.
It's more covid 19 itself that is thought to give the shingles virus a chance to reactivate but that's not completely unexpected as it can do that when the bodies immune system has been weakened in some form.

Don
It's more covid 19 itself that is thought to give the shingles virus a chance to reactivate but that's not completely unexpected as it can do that when the bodies immune system has been weakened in some form.
It's a mixed bag, small studies seem to show there's no statistical link between covid and shingles, but a small link between vaccination and shingles (within 28days), but more research needed. There's also the added complication of just general stress from lockdowns etc that might have an effect.

Back
Top Bottom