Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
I was there at midnight when it was released, got home and it was 120gb download for the update left it going over night and while i was at work and played it when i got home. I loved every minute of the main campaign and some of the bizzare side missions were great as well. I do think there could have been more side missions etc in the end game or at least something more than the challenges.

The character of Arthur and his story was fantastic. I still wish they had released an update RDR1 with assets/textures etc of the new game. A huge part of the original map was already in the game, there were even assets across the river in Mexico that they had started. Ah well.

I dont recall a massive amount of bugs either on PS4 Pro certainly nothing that was game breaking or ruined the experience. Now that its free on PSPlus i will probably play it through again at some stage.
Did your pro try and take off like mine when playing it, stopped playing it because of how hot and noisy the thing got!

Soldato
Yeah but that wasnt the fault of the game it was that the thermal compound on the console had dried out and dust/fluff had built up in the heatsink. After i changed it i and cleaned the console i tried several games, including RDR2 and they ran fine with no issues or jet engine.

Soldato
love the game but the bounty system seems completely borked,

execute every single witness well for that matter every single person you come across and you still get a bounty.

Associate
No I blamed the game after playing it on a different console. I did open it up and it was as clean as a whistle and I changed the thermal paste anyway and it was the same.

Same, my PS4 pro sounded like it was trying to take off whenever I tried playing RDR2. Didn't do it on any other games. Tried replacing fan, thermal paste, thermal pads, nothing worked. Ultimately ruined any immersion/enjoyment for me so I stopped playing after a few hours amd never went back.

/Salsa

Soldato
Same, my PS4 pro sounded like it was trying to take off whenever I tried playing RDR2. Didn't do it on any other games. Tried replacing fan, thermal paste, thermal pads, nothing worked. Ultimately ruined any immersion/enjoyment for me so I stopped playing after a few hours amd never went back.

/Salsa
I also had it on rainbow six siege and one of the cods

Associate
Do you all game in small rooms?
Was gonna say the same, not a dig at all but i reckon my console is 2m (?) away and even when it’s pounding out at full rpm on the fans it’s easily lost. I’m not Saying the heat and efficiency isn’t an issue technically but realistically for me its not a deal breaker at all as it seems for some.

Soldato
Bought this over the xmas period but can't get it to run. It crashes after the 5th black and white photograph intro right at the beginning.

Installed it on two different pcs, same result. Verified the download and tried directx and vulcan drivers.

Googled the question to death. Any ideas?

Associate
Bought this over the xmas period but can't get it to run. It crashes after the 5th black and white photograph intro right at the beginning.

Installed it on two different pcs, same result. Verified the download and tried directx and vulcan drivers.

Googled the question to death. Any ideas?
Might want to try posting on the PC forum ; more likely to find people who also ran into similar issues.

Back
Top Bottom