Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
I was going to ask the question, that ive not played the game for a while and wondered whether to try and continue, i'm probably about half way through, or start again?

I see others have been in the same situation.
Yeah I played it up to the first camp a couple of times. You have to push through it, as the game is amazing. Half way? Keep going.

Soldato
I was going to ask the question, that ive not played the game for a while and wondered whether to try and continue, i'm probably about half way through, or start again?

I see others have been in the same situation.

I started again but if you know the story (or just watch a recap on YouTube) then you might be best pressing on if you've already completed the first couple of chapters more than once.

I considered waiting for a next gen patch but that's going to be a while off, if it ever comes at all, Rockstar seem all in on GTA at the moment.

I'd like 4k60 obviously but that's all a next gen patch will provide, it won't change the game and for me I didn't want to wait indefinitely, especially as it still looks fantastic anyway.

My other main reason for starting over was I wanted version 1.0 so I could try out some of the glitches such as the infinite gold in the lock box in Limpany. Not having to worry about money is very liberating.

Soldato
I started again but if you know the story (or just watch a recap on YouTube) then you might be best pressing on if you've already completed the first couple of chapters more than once.

I considered waiting for a next gen patch but that's going to be a while off, if it ever comes at all, Rockstar seem all in on GTA at the moment.

I'd like 4k60 obviously but that's all a next gen patch will provide, it won't change the game and for me I didn't want to wait indefinitely, especially as it still looks fantastic anyway.

My other main reason for starting over was I wanted version 1.0 so I could try out some of the glitches such as the infinite gold in the lock box in Limpany. Not having to worry about money is very liberating.

Rockstar will never release a simple patch. They will make you buy the whole game again.

Soldato
Felt like I was about 1/3 through I'm guessing, at the second camp, when I lost interest. I absolutely loved the first and played through twice, plus zombies, did all hunting challenges etc. Probably my biggest ever disappointment in gaming this one, I even took a day off work to play it and I'm in my 40's ffs :D .
Was a leap forward in visuals for sure but found it soooo boring. I really should give it another try from the start.

Soldato
Just finished it myself and I have no clue how this got so many 10/10s, it looked amazing on last gen consoles but it was so buggy, the voice acting was horrendous, so many issues with the storyline and yes at times very boring, almost a walking or horse riding simulator.

Soldato
I will try play this when/if it gets a current gen patch. I managed about an hour of the first one, I didn't like that it felt the character was moving through molasses. I feel that way about GTa though.

Soldato
10/10 for me as well this one. Thought Arthur was great and the world just outstanding. I played it a while after launch but saw no bugs at all. I enjoyed the online game for a while as well.

Soldato
I was there at midnight when it was released, got home and it was 120gb download for the update left it going over night and while i was at work and played it when i got home. I loved every minute of the main campaign and some of the bizzare side missions were great as well. I do think there could have been more side missions etc in the end game or at least something more than the challenges.

The character of Arthur and his story was fantastic. I still wish they had released an update RDR1 with assets/textures etc of the new game. A huge part of the original map was already in the game, there were even assets across the river in Mexico that they had started. Ah well.

I dont recall a massive amount of bugs either on PS4 Pro certainly nothing that was game breaking or ruined the experience. Now that its free on PSPlus i will probably play it through again at some stage.

Back
Top Bottom