Stranger Things (Netflix)

Soldato
Enjoyed the last 2 episodes and with the length of the episodes they are putting some films that have been recently released to shame with how this was paced and how good it looked.

Hopefully they can get s5 knocked out quicker than we had to wait but seeing how much they improved with s4 and knowing s5 is the final one it should be one hell of a ride.

I think we all knew it was going to happen being a new character added but Eddie really fit in the with the group and it's a shame to see him go, Dustin and his Dad's chat after was moving.

Caporegime
I think we all knew it was going to happen being a new character added but Eddie really fit in the with the group and it's a shame to see him go, Dustin and his Dad's chat after was moving.
Yep the actor absolutely nailed that seen, I think he's the underrated star of the show actually.

Caporegime
interesting that people are convinced Max will be back, I had interpreted the ending differently...

The gateway had closed again when Vecnas 4th victim was brought back to life, hence everything being chilled out and people recovering from the 'earthquake'.

When the snow started to fall and the final shot panned back across to the glowing reopened gate, to me that implied the 4th kill had been completed, ie Max was dead again.

Maybe but I think he could have killed anyone. The only reason Max baited herself was so the crew had some sort of control to what was going to pan out. He had many to choose from. I guess we will find out when the last season hits. Then again when 11 tries to contact her through the upside down she draws a blank and is crying with the bottle so maybe you are right.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
So it was Vecna/Henry who in fact shaped the up side down “particles” into the mind flayer based on a drawing he did as a child?

Caporegime
That seems to be the case, yes. It very much matches with the Upside Down being similar to the Shadowfell from dnd that has been alluded to since season 1 as well.

Caporegime
interesting that people are convinced Max will be back, I had interpreted the ending differently...

The gateway had closed again when Vecnas 4th victim was brought back to life, hence everything being chilled out and people recovering from the 'earthquake'.

When the snow started to fall and the final shot panned back across to the glowing reopened gate, to me that implied the 4th kill had been completed, ie Max was dead again.
I think she's alive still. The ritual worked because she died, it doesn't mean the portal closed when she was brought back to life. It's the 'Buffy loophole'

Soldato
I think she's alive still. The ritual worked because she died, it doesn't mean the portal closed when she was brought back to life. It's the 'Buffy loophole'

I think the gate definitely closed then reopened again, hence how relaxed everything is for a few days, so something has to have occurred to cause the open, close, open again sequence. Given we don't see Max again after the "she might not wake up" nor can Eleven find her, it certainly feels like they want us to think she's dead.

If she's not dead, it'll be interesting to see how they explain what caused the gate to open again

Caporegime
I think the gate definitely closed then reopened again, hence how relaxed everything is for a few days, so something has to have occurred to cause the open, close, open again sequence. Given we don't see Max again after the "she might not wake up" nor can Eleven find her, it certainly feels like they want us to think she's dead.

If she's not dead, it'll be interesting to see how they explain what caused the gate to open again
It would be really weird to have her die off screen. We see the group 2 days later go to the hospital where she is definitely still alive, we see El touch her and go into the void to try and find her but can't. Then at some time after (presumably a short time given we aren't told) they go to the cabin to start cleaning it up. At this point we see El upset about this. Nobody else appears to be upset. If she had died in the hospital we would be seeing everyone upset surely. To me this leads to two options:

1. She's dead and something else is in her body (Vecna/Shadow)
2. She's still alive but unable to communicate with El in the void because she's in a coma maybe? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've seen El use the void to communicate with someone who isn't conscious

Also regarding the 2 days between the portal opening and the particles appearing. It could be something to do with Vecna recovering after the damage. I don't see anything that suggests the portal closes and opens again.

Soldato
It would be really weird to have her die off screen. We see the group 2 days later go to the hospital where she is definitely still alive, we see El touch her and go into the void to try and find her but can't. Then at some time after (presumably a short time given we aren't told) they go to the cabin to start cleaning it up. At this point we see El upset about this. Nobody else appears to be upset. If she had died in the hospital we would be seeing everyone upset surely. To me this leads to two options:

1. She's dead and something else is in her body (Vecna/Shadow)
2. She's still alive but unable to communicate with El in the void because she's in a coma maybe? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've seen El use the void to communicate with someone who isn't conscious

Also regarding the 2 days between the portal opening and the particles appearing. It could be something to do with Vecna recovering after the damage. I don't see anything that suggests the portal closes and opens again.
It rips open through the entire town with the 4 open gates meeting at the church building and then 2 days later you see everyone walking around talking about an 'earthquake' with the tentacle covered church in the background as they drive back into town in the pizza van.

It's very clearly closed again at that point.

(I say church, the building with the clock tower)

Caporegime
It rips open through the entire town with the 4 open gates meeting at the church building and then 2 days later you see everyone walking around talking about an 'earthquake' with the tentacle covered church in the background as they drive back into town in the pizza van.

It's very clearly closed again at that point.

(I say church, the building with the clock tower)
Do we see locations that were open closed? I just assumed we were in a different part of town

Soldato
Do we see locations that were open closed? I just assumed we were in a different part of town
Yes, it's very specifically the building that was hit by the 4 gates meeting in the cross shape, they drive past it with rescue teams and cranes etc. where it's very clearly not glowing orange and billowing smoke anymore but is covered in dead looking tentacles.

Definitely the same building and same part of town.

Then after the cabin sequence, we get the snow and they look back over the town where we see the smoke billowing with orange glow again in the final scene.

If it's not the implied death of Max having occurred to reopen the gate, I'm intrigued to see how they explain it in S5.

Soldato
Honestly they should just kill off Will such a useless characater now, nothing more than a glorified Geiger counter at this point.

"Not sure how a feel about Vecna being the main baddy, kind of preferred him as a lieutenant of the Mind Flayer. Kind of demystifies the upside down a little bit "

Back
Top Bottom