Stranger Things (Netflix)

The creators have been messing with episodes behind the scenes.

Can you summarise without spoilers? Not that there are any I've seen all of seasons 4 so far, just concerned that within the article, they like to ****ing waffle, and chat about the upcoming episodes.

I assume they want to fix wills birthday missing issue?

Caporegime
Yeah they're going to change that. That's the only thing they've confirmed I think. They just said they've made other fixes to the continuity. I'm sure someone will work out a list at some point.

Associate
I hadn't realised it was only 2 episodes released today albeit a mighty 4hrs viewing time. Getting kids ready for bed at half 6 is going to be a challenge. I'm the kinda mid 30s that just can't make it to 1am any more haha

Soldato
Watched the first of the new episodes tonight. Enjoyed it but the break kinda ruined the momentum for me. The second is 2 and a half hours so thats for tomorrow lol.

Soldato
Echo some of the above, the break did make it lose a bit of steam but still very good if a bit overlong. Certain subplots I just really wasn't that fussed about but I am also:

getting really annoyed at plot armor, I thought Eddie would die, which he did as he was the 'new' character but really enjoyed him and hoped they wouldn't but there ya go. Did make for a great moment with Dustin and his Uncle at the end though. I was surprised when Max 'died' though and though it was very sad it was incredibly well acted and I thought 'Great they aren't playing it super safe' but of course she will be back, blind or whatnot but disappointed they couldn't follow it through. I think the OG cast apart from the adults are pretty much untouchable.

I think I read somewhere this is going to be 5 seasons which seems like a fitting end. Overall season 7.5/10. Some best of series moments but several points and plots that dragged or I just wasn't as interested in.

Caporegime
Echo some of the above, the break did make it lose a bit of steam but still very good if a bit overlong. Certain subplots I just really wasn't that fussed about but I am also:

getting really annoyed at plot armor, I thought Eddie would die, which he did as he was the 'new' character but really enjoyed him and hoped they wouldn't but there ya go. Did make for a great moment with Dustin and his Uncle at the end though. I was surprised when Max 'died' though and though it was very sad it was incredibly well acted and I thought 'Great they aren't playing it super safe' but of course she will be back, blind or whatnot but disappointed they couldn't follow it through. I think the OG cast apart from the adults are pretty much untouchable.

I think I read somewhere this is going to be 5 seasons which seems like a fitting end. Overall season 7.5/10. Some best of series moments but several points and plots that dragged or I just wasn't as interested in.

I will eat my hat if Max comes back blind she will make a full recovery. I am hoping season 5 is going to be a bit like cloverfield/starship troopers with a massive battle at the end. You can also tell the the makers of stranger things are massive Aliens fans. The bit in the Russian lab was very reminiscent of Alien Resurrection as well as many other bits. Also one of the soldiers was referred to as Hicks which is a nod to Aliens. Even the bat things are inspired by face huggers.

As I have said before I do not know whether it is just watching 4K on a decent telly but the production values are top notch. It will be a shame when it does end because I have enjoyed it thoroughly.

Soldato
interesting that people are convinced Max will be back, I had interpreted the ending differently...

The gateway had closed again when Vecnas 4th victim was brought back to life, hence everything being chilled out and people recovering from the 'earthquake'.

When the snow started to fall and the final shot panned back across to the glowing reopened gate, to me that implied the 4th kill had been completed, ie Max was dead again.

Back
Top Bottom