Final Fantasy VII REBIRTH (Remake Part 2)

Soldato
I had to restart my game here. It was my first proper JPRG so I only had one save and you couldn't get out of the temple. My characters were not a high enough level to beat the boss.

Haven't made the same mistake since (multiple saves for the win). :)
If you’re underprepared it certainly is an extremely tough boss. Especially since a couple of his attacks can wipe a single character (rock drop) and your whole entire party (demon rush) :D I never made that mistake twice.

Soldato
OP
I had to restart my game here. It was my first proper JPRG so I only had one save and you couldn't get out of the temple. My characters were not a high enough level to beat the boss.

Haven't made the same mistake since (multiple saves for the win). :)

Funny enough that boss is one of the biggest challenges for speed runners due to the difficulty.

Soldato
Looking forward to this. The original is my favourite game, nothing will change that now (nostalgia) but I really enjoyed the remake too.

I don’t love the direction the new ones are going in but it doesn’t change anything about the original game so I’m just going to go with it.

Soldato
I'm surprised that this is only going to be three releases, as they ended this first one pretty much going into Kalm. That means that part two is going to either going to cut loads of stuff or have to be absolutely massive.

Soldato
Confirmed recently that nothing from the original has been cut.
I'm glad about that, even as a purist I despise that they're changing key elements - but will be good to see what the changes come to, as it means there'll be even more content to account for the changes. I just want to fight the damn snake in 4K after Midgar.

Soldato
OP
I'm glad about that, even as a purist I despise that they're changing key elements - but will be good to see what the changes come to, as it means there'll be even more content to account for the changes. I just want to fight the damn snake in 4K after Midgar.

This is the latest info we've got.

• The scene from the trailer of Cloud and Sephiroth walking is indeed the Nibelheim flashback and not a new thing. Some of the UI elements had to be removed for the trailer.
  • The world is vast. You will get a sense of openness and freedom. They want to recreate the feeling from the OG of things opening up after Midgar. No specifics on traversal or if it is open world or not, but this will be revealed in the next info drop.
  • No locations from the OG have been cut, but order of visiting them and structure will be different (some places you expect in Rebirth might not show up until Part 3 and visa versa).
  • Incredible volume of content. Things will not be abridged, no "cliff notes" version of events.
  • Crux of the story remains unchanged, but there are new mysteries to give OG fans a fresh experience. Zack will be a key character in Rebirth. Didn't think retreading all the same plot points would have a good payoff for the amount of work they're putting in, so that's why they added a new narrative. However, they also do not want to stray so far from the OG that it becomes something completely different, so finding that balance remains a big focus and challenge for them to tackle.
  • They are aware everyone has questions, especially after the Rebirth trailer, but feel confident everyone will still have fun.
  • Remake project was always planned as a trilogy and never beyond more than that, but didn't reveal number of parts for so long because at one point they were considering if they could do it in just 2.
  • Making Intergrade allowed them to shift their resources to PS5, therefore creating a smoother development for Rebirth.
  • The basic parts of Rebirth have been completed, and they are currently in mass production phase.
  • The final Remake installment will also start with "R"
  • Red XIII will be playable.
  • The next info reveal/trailer will be a big one.

Back
Top Bottom