Poll: *** The official iPhone 14 thread (it can talk to satellites, has AOD and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 14 will you get?

• Total voters
Man of Honour
On interesting. Tbh I just assumed what I said was true, just seemed like it would go against a person's file negatively. Good to know, I think I'll still hold off as the decline made me feel like less of a man :D
The odd search here and there won't matter, it's when there's multiple searches in a short amount of time, that sets off alarm bells with lenders as it looks like desperation. Then, I would imagine if it combined with a low affordability score, they would be unlikely to lend money.

My experience of Barclays is that most declines are down to ID/address verification issues. This could be an address mismatch between what is supplied during the application and what they can see from your bank, and credit agencies etc.

Unfortunately most lenders don't tell you why you've been declined. I think it would be beneficial to all if they did, so you know what to work on if you plan to apply with the same lender in the future. Simply 'declined' or 'failed to pass our affordability score' or 'failed internal scoring' isn't really good enough in 2022. Credit checks, IMO, seem to be a bit of a dark art and all it does is lead to confusion and anxiety in the consumer space.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are these things even out yet? Says out of stock everywhere... John Lewis, Currys etc... Not talking 'bout the naff ones but the Pro/Max.
My local Apple store has had the 14 Pro Gold in 128, 256, 512 and 1TB and the 14 Pro Purple in 1TB. All sold out now except the 14 Pro 1TB Gold. No sign of the Pro Max models yet.

Amazon have been despatching some as well.

Soldato
Guess some more stock has landed this week with retailers. My 14 Pro Max 256Gb Black just shipped from EE today, due delivery tomorrow.

It was a pre-order placed on 15th (was a bit late, 'twas the day before launch day).

Last edited:
Associate
ergh is £1400 for the 1tb 14 PM worth it? It's the only one in stock at EE and I dont really want to wait 3 weeks+ for the 256gb model to come back in.

Associate
Happy for you but not sure how this helps me xD
sorry what i meant was i was looking at the pro max and had to go pro so relived im not in your position and no i cant comment on whether the 1Tb is for you but if you were looking at the lower storage you must have been happy with that size, but for only a few hundred more i would go for it and have it in your hand now

Associate
sorry what i meant was i was looking at the pro max and had to go pro so relived im not in your position and no i cant comment on whether the 1Tb is for you but if you were looking at the lower storage you must have been happy with that size, but for only a few hundred more i would go for it and have it in your hand now
Ah I see! Thanks for your experience. I am already used to a pro max size and am a big lad so it isn't actually that big in my hand xD
Im just always used to the 128/256 versions so don't really know the value of a 1tb device.

Soldato
ergh is £1400 for the 1tb 14 PM worth it? It's the only one in stock at EE and I dont really want to wait 3 weeks+ for the 256gb model to come back in.
How can you get the 14 Pro Max 1TB for £ 1400? On the Apple site and in store its £ 1749. Is it some kind of special pay monthly deal?

Back
Top Bottom