Poll: *** The official 2022 iPad Pro thread (it has the M2 chip, WiFi 6E and everything!) ***

The new M2 iPad Pro - Are you getting one?

• Total voters
Soldato
LOL @ so many complaining about the conversion rates... the new prices... you do realise this has absolutely nothing to do with Apple & everything to do with Brexit, terrible economic policy & the USA's artificial over-inflation of the USD to drown out the other global markets?

Doesn't mean we can't bi*ch and moan about it ;)

Caporegime
I’m so over the iPad thing now. I have the M1 pro and would never go for the upper model again while it’s so limited by running iPad OS. I mean the M1 is about 10 times more powerful than anything I need. The hardware is so hamstrung by the operating system.

I came from a 2018 pro model to the M1 and I really don’t like the screen for scrolling text either.

I don’t find the iPad a good productivity tool anymore, it’s far too much faff for little gain. From now on I will go for a base model or air as they are plenty powerful enough for me.

Man of Honour
It looks like some more of those "Pro" apps are starting to materialise with Davinci Resolve announced for iPad yesterday along with Affinity Publisher & Octane X.
I do think the M2 is overkill at this point though, hell I think the M1 will be struggling to be fully utilsed.

Soldato
Well, I was waiting for the new Pro's and hoping it had M2, not sure I feel like dropping £900 on one though, especially as I was thinking I'd get a keyboard folio with it, I remember when the Apple fanbois were slating the Surface Pro for not coming with a keyboard and then MS charging you over £120 for one, chuckles...

Given they have upgraded the normal base iPad I might get one of those, I play Lemmings and surf the interwebs while at home or I watch stuff when I'm out and about on planes for work and even the base iPad is better than my 5th Gen iPad Mini so might just save my self a chunk of cheese by not going Pro, or wait for the black Friday deals to land...

Soldato
The chip wouldn't make a big difference right now but the point of a new chip is mostly longevity, you'd likely get an extra year or two of software updates down the line and you'll get an additional year or two of usage before it feels slow and sluggish.

Soldato
Abit of an rip off but my Pro 2018 battery isnt the best anymore. So will wait till BF and get the M2 11inch Pro and trade in my current one to reduce the pain to my wallet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Abit of an rip off but my Pro 2018 battery isnt the best anymore. So will wait till BF and get the M2 11inch Pro and trade in my current one to reduce the pain to my wallet.

You can have Apple replace the battery for £100, in reality they'll give you a new iPad.

Soldato
You can have Apple replace the battery for £100, in reality they'll give you a new iPad.
That's true but I rather replace the whole device while I can. Instead of later when the trade in value drops even more.

The M2 chip will give me more years compared to the A12X Bionic chip I am currently using and Apple stop releasing new features to it. If they havent done so already.

Soldato
I want a new iPad Pro, but there's literally no reason for me to buy one. Mine still does absolutely everything I use it for without a single slow down. I will hopefully resist until the next version.

Soldato
The only good thing that may possibly come from this release is that the 2021 models, which are almost identical, may be available at a decent reduction.
I’ll echo what @dannyjo22 said above about the general iPad experience. I’ve grown weary of using my 2018 Pro and find myself doing my lighter productivity stuff on my iPhone 13 PM of all things. It of course helps that I have the 16 inch MacBook Pro for my daily work.
I am patiently waiting to see what iPadOS 16 brings in terms of real world use but I’m not holding my breath.
I had earmarked a new ipad to upgrade from my 2018 Pro but I still haven’t seen a tempting enough reason to, and what’s more, I may just ditch the ipad altogether - time will tell.

Associate
I've held off upgrading from my 2019 iPad Mini to the iPad Pro for well over 6 months whilst waiting for this update and kind of wish I hadn't bothered waiting now. Even though I'm in the market for one this update has more or less put me off if I'm honest, it just feels like they got to Monday and suddenly remembered they hadn't done anything about the update yet so threw in a faster CPU at the last minute and called it a day. I may well give it a few weeks to see if any deals on the M1 become available.

Soldato
The only good thing that may possibly come from this release is that the 2021 models, which are almost identical, may be available at a decent reduction.
I’ll echo what @dannyjo22 said above about the general iPad experience. I’ve grown weary of using my 2018 Pro and find myself doing my lighter productivity stuff on my iPhone 13 PM of all things. It of course helps that I have the 16 inch MacBook Pro for my daily work.
I am patiently waiting to see what iPadOS 16 brings in terms of real world use but I’m not holding my breath.
I had earmarked a new ipad to upgrade from my 2018 Pro but I still haven’t seen a tempting enough reason to, and what’s more, I may just ditch the ipad altogether - time will tell.

I expect retailers will want to get rid of their 2021 stock during black Friday, I'm hoping for a ~£550/128GB and ~£650/256GB.

Soldato
£550 for 128Gb sounds spot on for me, my Mini5 only has 64Gb which means having to be a bit more choosy when downloading films/tv stuff so at least double storage would be ideal..
The other option is the new 10th Gen iPad, larger and more powerful than my Mini5 without the cost of the Pro 11...

Soldato
£550 for 128Gb sounds spot on for me, my Mini5 only has 64Gb which means having to be a bit more choosy when downloading films/tv stuff so at least double storage would be ideal..
The other option is the new 10th Gen iPad, larger and more powerful than my Mini5 without the cost of the Pro 11...
As was pointed by a couple of the early reviewers, the iPad makes no sense at it's price.
Anyone would be much better off paying the extra £70 and getting the 2022 Air.
And who knows, the Air has been out long enough that it may get a pretty discount over Black Friday.

Associate
My iPad Pro consumption is purely media based at this point so total overkill. So while it's been great to have, I can't ever see myself going that high for a tablet again.

Think I'll probably go for the Pixel Tablet next year as it will essentially double up as a Hub Max when docked which would be far more useful to have.

Soldato
As was pointed by a couple of the early reviewers, the iPad makes no sense at it's price.
Anyone would be much better off paying the extra £70 and getting the 2022 Air.
And who knows, the Air has been out long enough that it may get a pretty discount over Black Friday.

iPad Air has had a price increase of £100. It’s available some places for £570 but it won’t last

Back
Top Bottom