Poll: *** The official 2022 iPad Pro thread (it has the M2 chip, WiFi 6E and everything!) ***

The new M2 iPad Pro - Are you getting one?

• Total voters
Soldato
I did think about the Air but had kinda decided on wanting the M1, or newer Pro 11 with M2, however given the price increases its now crossed the line of where I realistically need the performance vs what I want, the new iPad 10th gen is newer, so would in theory get updates for longer than the M1 Pro 11, unless we get to the point where everything is based on some sort of M' silicon rather than the older Axx chips.

Soldato
I did think about the Air but had kinda decided on wanting the M1, or newer Pro 11 with M2, however given the price increases its now crossed the line of where I realistically need the performance vs what I want, the new iPad 10th gen is newer, so would in theory get updates for longer than the M1 Pro 11, unless we get to the point where everything is based on some sort of M' silicon rather than the older Axx chips.

iOS upgrades are almost always about the chip generation itself rather than release time. M1 is based on the same A14 uarch that's in the new iPad. They will get the same OS upgrades.

Soldato
LOL @ so many complaining about the conversion rates... the new prices... you do realise this has absolutely nothing to do with Apple & everything to do with Brexit, terrible economic policy & the USA's artificial over-inflation of the USD to drown out the other global markets?
Yet Google somewhere miraculously managed to maintain their UK pricing of the pixel 7/pro against last year's pricing?

Last edited:
Soldato
My favorite is the fact the iPad 10th gen supports Apple pencil gen 1, but it doesn't have a lightning port anymore.

Apples solution:

• Pair and charge Apple Pencil (1st generation) using USB‑C to Apple Pencil Adapter.

A bargain at £9!

Associate
Morning

Bit of advice please .

Been waiting for the new iPad to come out to get one for the wife (wifi) and one for myself (cellular) .

However after looking at the massive price increase I’m tempted to get the 9th gen ones instead.

Ok it has a bigger screen I’ll notice but would there be any other noticeable things ?

It would be used for watching tv on and browsing web and emails etc .

I’d possibly get a pen to use in mine for notes etc but would grab one off Amazon that I’ve seen works with them .

If anyone could help us out with some advice that would be great please .

Thanks

Soldato
I'm the same for my usage, my primary requirement is larger screen than my Mini5 so any of the new iPads would do, but what I want and what i need arent lining up at the mo lol

Soldato
I want a new iPad Pro, but there's literally no reason for me to buy one. Mine still does absolutely everything I use it for without a single slow down. I will hopefully resist until the next version.
Same here my 2021 does everything I need, I would have upgraded if it came with an OLED screen, well theres always next year

Soldato
I want a new iPad Pro, but there's literally no reason for me to buy one. Mine still does absolutely everything I use it for without a single slow down. I will hopefully resist until the next version.

I’m the exact same, I’ve got the M1 and I absolutely love it. I think I’m just going to try trick myself into thinking i’ve upgraded and wait until next year. :D

Soldato
I’m the exact same, I’ve got the M1 and I absolutely love it. I think I’m just going to try trick myself into thinking i’ve upgraded and wait until next year. :D
Admittedly I’m someone who has the 2018 Pro and perfectly content with it (as far as iPads go). But surely the change from 2021 to 2022 yields you absolutely nothing, aside from the chip? (and the ‘hover’ thing).
And given how overpowered the iPad/iPadOS is there would be no noticeable difference whatsoever?

Back
Top Bottom