Poll: *** The official 2022 iPad Pro thread (it has the M2 chip, WiFi 6E and everything!) ***

The new M2 iPad Pro - Are you getting one?

• Total voters
Man of Honour
I did a thing in work last week and they gave me some points as a thank you. Redeemed for a 11" Pro/Silver/512GB. My 2018 iPad Pro is fine, but I've been using it with a crack across the screen for a few years now and the battery probably needs replacing. The M2 will be a nice upgrade I'm sure even if I likely won't notice the M2 improvements for watching YouTube which is what I use it for 90% of the time!

Last edited:
Soldato
I did a thing in work last week and they gave me some points as a thank you. Redeemed for a 11" Pro/Silver/512GB. My 2018 iPad Pro is fine, but I've been using it with a crack across the screen for a few years now and the battery probably needs replacing. The M2 will be a nice upgrade I'm sure even if I likely won't notice the M2 improvements for watching YouTube which is what I use it for 90% of the time!
I can’t say I noticed any appreciable difference in performance going from the 2018 Pro to the M2 - and that’s with extra RAM into the bargain. Battery life on the other hand has been a real improvement.

Man of Honour
I can’t say I noticed any appreciable difference in performance going from the 2018 Pro to the M2 - and that’s with extra RAM into the bargain. Battery life on the other hand has been a real improvement.
I don't usually measure battery life, or take any notice of it. I don't use my iPad daily and all I've noticed is that when I pick it up I usually have to charge it. Before, I wouldn't have to charge it for what seems like weeks.

Man of Honour
Received and set up. The screen does look nicer, not sure if it’s an upgrade in anyway apart from Pro Motion I thinj.

No noticeable speed increase apart from Google Earth really. It’s nice not to have a crack across the screen though!

With it being Silver and not Grey like my old one, it seems to pronounce the large bezel a little more which is a little disappointing but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

Soldato
Is that the same for the 12.9? And what is pencil hover?
The 12.9 got mini LED in 2021.
Yep mini LED for the 2021 and 2022 12.9 Pro’s. To be honest, for some reason I don’t notice the difference as much as I do with my MacBook Pro.
Having both my 2020 Air and 2022 12.9 Pro side by side the difference in display quality (ProMotion notwithstanding) isn’t massive. At night and when using dark mode it’s noticeable but during day to day tasks I can’t honestly say I see it.
But the MacBook Pro mini-LED display is exquisite - totally unrivalled in anything else I’ve used.

Pencil hover is when the UI shows a small dot or highlights an icon when the pencil is within (I want to say 1/2 inch or so) of the screen. It’s nice to have but I’ve found no tangible benefit to it personally.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom