• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RDNA 3 rumours Q3/4 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Sapphire and Powercolor tend to be the best, and imo Sapphire edge them (having had both sides in the last gen). Go for Sapphire imo (coming from someone who's had multitude of AMD cards this last 2 years).
I've actually not long bought a Red Devil 6950. I've actually left it in the box unopened, as I'm still in the return window - I was actually holding out for RDNA3 and then decide whether I should send it back or keep it. I guess, as I play at 1440p & don't lust over RT there would be no point going for a 7900xtx? I think it would likely cost me an extra £350, as I only paid £850 for the 6950. I'm assuming the RD 6950 will be good for a while yet at 1440p from a raster perspective?

Associate
Just the fact that neither of you discuss the facts automatically make you lose the argument. You can only attack my user account and not my points. :)

You are actively trying to complain that a product AMD has made to compete with the 4080's are not competing with the 4090....

AMD is on record saying the 7900XTX is a 4080 competitor.

Now if i'm buying a 4080 equivalent product and getting 4090 level performance from Rasta, then you can be damn sure i'm getting good value.

Your rays can be flushed down the toilet, i'm not paying 70% more for roughtly the same rasta peformance.

Associate
I've actually not long bought a Red Devil 6950. I've actually left it in the box unopened, as I'm still in the return window - I was actually holding out for RDNA3 and then decide whether I should send it back or keep it. I guess, as I play at 1440p & don't lust over RT there would be no point going for a 7900xtx? I think it would likely cost me an extra £350, as I only paid £850 for the 6950. I'm assuming the RD 6950 will be good for a while yet at 1440p from a raster perspective?

If i was you I would return it, considering you paid £850 for just £200 more you will get a significant uplift and for 1440p it looks like the 7900 will be phenominal for the price.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
AMD is on record saying the 7900XTX is a 4080 competitor.

Now if i'm buying a 4080 equivalent product and getting 4090 level performance from Rasta, then you can be damn sure i'm getting good value.

Last gen most nvidia proboys were saying the 6900 was the 3080 competitor. The price they set alone distincts it to be competing with the 4080 even before they declared it in the interviews.

Associate
Last gen most nvidia proboys were saying the 6900 was the 3080 competitor. The price they set alone distincts it to be competing with the 4080 even before they declared it in the interviews.

Yeh i don't get it people are so upset for no reason they should be happy for the good competition between brands.

The 4080 launch is going to be interesting to see if Nvidia responds in anyway.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Yeh i don't get it people are so upset for no reason they should be happy for the good competition between brands.

This is the observation we have been posting for years! When AMD were weak the excuses were "if only they offered competition.." Then when they give you choice "ahh but my rich feature set and productivity I use once a year, nah I'll pay the extra.."

Soldato

Personally I would return it and try for 7000 series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom