• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK 6900 XT NOW ONLY £689.99 (£649.99 FOR LOYAL FORUM MEMBERS)

OcUK Staff
OP
How many units did you have in total for this price? (if you're allowed to say)

The deal started with 500 units, now down to 27.
We started the deal as a loyal forum member deal for about a week which sold around 30 units, we then opened it up to entire forum at which point we sold over a 100 plus. We have since promoted the deal this week but not the voucher code which has seen the majority of the sales and were now close to selling out.

Gone incredibly well because we had the volume to back it up, not just 10-20 units, but 500 and as such the deal price and voucher has been live for nearly two weeks giving plenty of people the opportunity to bag this amazing card for an incredible price. :)

Soldato
I have the Corsair SF750, which I bought because I have the Lian Li OD11 Mini. The rest of the spec is as follows:

CPU - Intel Core i7 5820
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 2600MHz RGB
Mobo - MSI X99A SLI Plus
SSDs - WD 500GB M.2 NVMe and 2x Crucial 1TB MX 500

Sorry was out walking dog.

System isn't too bad and I think you did the right thing getting one - wont get that much grunt for the money for a good while.

CPU and RAM speed may let you down a bit. PSU is fine - though is SF Small form? And case says mini - looks like it will fit if can do 360mm rads.

Hopefully it'll fit but seeing as you got such a great GPU that will do 4k currently in 95% of games, let alone 1440p @ 120hz - what you've saved on GPU for the money, will allow you to upgrade the rest. No harm in trying it - if your GPU usage in afterburner isn't in the 90%'s then the rest of your system is holding it up. Fastest RAM & Processor available 2nd hand for that 10yr old platform may get some extra legs in it - otherwise complete platform upgrade. AMD 3600X CPU will probabaly do it fine on AM4 platform.

1440p also - if you still have a 60hz monitor then it wont use the GPU fully either - hopefully you have a high hz monitor also. Old system and modern card - but you can upgrade the rest over time.

Maybe ask the question in the 6900XT owners thread.

Wive's? Just dont tell 'em if you can keep the case. :D

Soldato
Congratulations.

You can sell your 590 for nappies and milk while the 6900xt keeps the house warm.

That's the plan with the 590. Lol.

Sorry was out walking dog.

System isn't too bad and I think you did the right thing getting one - wont get that much grunt for the money for a good while.

CPU and RAM speed may let you down a bit. PSU is fine - though is SF Small form? And case says mini - looks like it will fit if can do 360mm rads.

Hopefully it'll fit but seeing as you got such a great GPU that will do 4k currently in 95% of games, let alone 1440p @ 120hz - what you've saved on GPU for the money, will allow you to upgrade the rest. No harm in trying it - if your GPU usage in afterburner isn't in the 90%'s then the rest of your system is holding it up. Fastest RAM & Processor available 2nd hand for that 10yr old platform may get some extra legs in it - otherwise complete platform upgrade. AMD 3600X CPU will probabaly do it fine on AM4 platform.

1440p also - if you still have a 60hz monitor then it wont use the GPU fully either - hopefully you have a high hz monitor also. Old system and modern card - but you can upgrade the rest over time.

Maybe ask the question in the 6900XT owners thread.

Wive's? Just dont tell 'em if you can keep the case. :D
Oh, there's plenty of room in the OD11 Mini, you could probably (just about!) fit the 4090s in those bad boys. Lol. My monitor is a Dell 27" QHD 1440p 165Hz, that I bought last year. And it is a beautiful monitor! So I can easily game on 1440p at 165Hz.

I am expecting some bottleneck due to the CPU, but overall, this is purely for gaming. And I don't plan on upgrading the rest of the parts (CPU, RAM, MOBO) until early to mid 2023. I am waiting to see if and when AMD decide to release a 7 7800X3D.

Thanks for your assistance!

Last edited:
Permabanned
I almost went mad, guys I would recommend you reinstall Windows if you are moving from an Nvidia GPU.
I installed the latest chipset driver and I got BSOD's constantly and all UE4 engine games crashed.
SFC/ scannow in CMD administrator revealed my OS had corruption, whatever happened between the chipset driver update and the GPU messed stuff up.

I reinstalled Windows 11 then the BSOD's kept occuring, I had to reset the bios to regain stability.

It seems at least on the x570 platform everything is interlinked, if your OS goes bad, the bios is likely funky too afterwards.

Just a heads up to anyone if they have a similar problem, running sweet as a nut now.

Back
Top Bottom