Fuji X Series

Soldato
If it's coming by Royal Mail I wouldn't hold your breath ;)
I posted two items (one on Thursday and one on Saturday), the latter of which was my trusty X-T4 and it hasn't even entered the system yet - still showing as received at Post Office. I just feel sorry for the guy who bought it.
I believe it’s being shipped in from outside the UK, seller is located in UK (according to ebay) Netherlands I seem to remember?

I sold I pc bundle and got it out special delivery RM yesterday so hopefully that gets there before the strikes!

Out of interest what did you get for you mr X-T4?

Caporegime
I posted something last Monday to go abroad, normally it would be at Birmingham sorting office that very night and then at Heathrow the next day.

This time it didn't get there until Thursday.

I've also ordered something on eBay that was due to arrive on Saturday, of course there was a Strike and it still not out for delivery today.

Everything is taking 3x as long at the moment.

Soldato
Hi All

Finally got my brand new 18-55 lens and went to start setting up my T-X2 but cannot seem to see it in the Fuji App nothing showing within my iPhone wifi setting either?

I know the 2 does not have BT but am I missing something - Thanks

Soldato
Hi All

Finally got my brand new 18-55 lens and went to start setting up my T-X2 but cannot seem to see it in the Fuji App nothing showing within my iPhone wifi setting either?

I know the 2 does not have BT but am I missing something - Thanks
I may have mis-read or mis-understood what your aim is but why are you using the app to set up your camera? The app is only for remote shooting and image transfer.
Yes you can use it to make sure your firmware is up to date but the traditional method of downloading from the website onto the SD card is much more reliable.

Last edited:
Soldato
I may have mis-read or mis-understood what your aim is but why are you using the app to set up your camera? The app is only for remote shooting and image transfer.
Yes you can use it to make sure your firmware is up to date but the traditional method of downloading from the website onto the SD card is much more reliable.
Not your spot on! I'll ignore that then :D

I'm coming back to photography after years and trying to get up to speed with everything... Just spent the last 30 mins wondering why my viewfinder view was blurry had to adjust the small dial +/- next to the viewfinder, thought my camera was broken :rolleyes: its going to take me some time to get my head around all the settings/buttons - I really don't want to stay in auto mode so pushing myself not to be lazy!

Any good youtube videos or books I can read on ISO, SS & Aperture I can read up on would help!

Thanks bud!

Soldato
Not your spot on! I'll ignore that then :D

I'm coming back to photography after years and trying to get up to speed with everything... Just spent the last 30 mins wondering why my viewfinder view was blurry had to adjust the small dial +/- next to the viewfinder, thought my camera was broken :rolleyes: its going to take me some time to get my head around all the settings/buttons - I really don't want to stay in auto mode so pushing myself not to be lazy!
Yep that would be the diopter - gets us all at one time or another :D
Any good youtube videos or books I can read on ISO, SS & Aperture I can read up on would help!

Thanks bud!
Personally, I would recommend Pal2tech and Omar Gonzalez. They both shoot Fuji (Pal2tech more so) and provide some great in-depth material.

Soldato
How does it compare to the X-T4 (assuming you had one?) :D
How did you know :p
To address a couple of the headline features, I've found the AF MUCH improved. It's not X-H2S levels but it isn't far off - a big step up from the X-T4 though.
Being honest, I'm not sure if I have noticed any appreciable improvement in going from 26 to 40mp. For absolute pixel peeping (at like 200%) then yes there's a difference but globally I can't say I've noticed it. That said, I don't do a lot of printing and when I do the largest I tend to go is 18x12 and I have images taken on my 16mp X-E1 which are barely imperceptible over the 26mp and the 40mp is a smaller step up again.

I do find it better in the hand. It's less chunky but maintains the grip from the X-T4 so it feels more noticeable in the hand.
Aside from that I can't honestly say there's much more in it. FYI I haven't tried the 160mp Pixel Shift yet.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have been thinking getting a new (used/last gen) Fuji body for fun. I have the option of...

1 - Getting an X-Pro 2. Love the shape, love the look, love the experience. Hated the OVF on the X-Pro 1. Hated the Focusing in the X-Pro 1. I know the EVF and focusing on the X-Pro 2 is better which would be good. These are around £600.

2 - Getting an X-H2. For the IBIS. These are around £550 to £700 with the grip.

3 - X-100S, T or F. Between £500 to £700. If it's the F, is the focusing better than the X-H1/X-Pro 2?

I already have X-T1 and X-Pro 1 with 23/35/56 (1.4/1.2)

Prices are all around similar ballpark price wise.

Associate
How did you know :p
To address a couple of the headline features, I've found the AF MUCH improved. It's not X-H2S levels but it isn't far off - a big step up from the X-T4 though.
Being honest, I'm not sure if I have noticed any appreciable improvement in going from 26 to 40mp. For absolute pixel peeping (at like 200%) then yes there's a difference but globally I can't say I've noticed it. That said, I don't do a lot of printing and when I do the largest I tend to go is 18x12 and I have images taken on my 16mp X-E1 which are barely imperceptible over the 26mp and the 40mp is a smaller step up again.

I do find it better in the hand. It's less chunky but maintains the grip from the X-T4 so it feels more noticeable in the hand.
Aside from that I can't honestly say there's much more in it. FYI I haven't tried the 160mp Pixel Shift yet.
Thanks! Pretty much sums up what I was hoping to hear. I think if someone is jumping into Fuji as a new customer the X-T5 would be the better buy but if you already have an X-T4, you'd either have to really want the extra features or just a severe case of wanting the latest :p

Think I'll stick with the X-T4 and just be happy with it for what it is.

I must admit though, some of why I went for the X-T4 was due to Fuji's firmware support on previous cameras and porting features from newer models, I've been a bit disappointed with the X-T4 in this area. Hopefully they bring across some of the newer X-T5 features that the X-T4 can handle.

Soldato
I have been thinking getting a new (used/last gen) Fuji body for fun. I have the option of...

1 - Getting an X-Pro 2. Love the shape, love the look, love the experience. Hated the OVF on the X-Pro 1. Hated the Focusing in the X-Pro 1. I know the EVF and focusing on the X-Pro 2 is better which would be good. These are around £600.

2 - Getting an X-H2. For the IBIS. These are around £550 to £700 with the grip.

3 - X-100S, T or F. Between £500 to £700. If it's the F, is the focusing better than the X-H1/X-Pro 2?

I already have X-T1 and X-Pro 1 with 23/35/56 (1.4/1.2)

Prices are all around similar ballpark price wise.

Just get a X100V :p

Back
Top Bottom