S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Permabanned
The original games had terrible voice acting, (for English voice over). Hearing western accent isn't that bad. Didn't take much of the immersion out of the TV series for Chernobyl either with everyone having a British accent.

Last edited:
Soldato

I need to upgrade but I don't think I game enough to justify the cost. Then again if I upgrade I'll probably play more...

I need to stop myself now. This train of thought always ends in DAVID! WHAT THE **** DID YOU BUY AT OVERCLOCKERS FOR THREE GRAND???

I keep doing the same as my current PC is 8 years oldI've been pricing up new PC builds since the new RTX 4000 cards launched but everything seems vastly over RRP. If I upgrade I know I want an i5/i7 CPU, RTX 40xx GPU and DDR5 memory. Problem is a PC with that spec is in the £2500 region which is more than I'm really comfortable spending just to play games! I'm sure I'll eventually buy a new PC though ! :)

At least if money's tight with Stalker 2 you can buy an Xbox Series S for £200, sign up to the MS game pass for a £1 intro offer and you'll be able to play it :D

Speaking of STALKER 2 it looks amazing from that trailer IMO. Looking forward to playing !

Last edited:
Associate
They've definitely nailed the aesthetics, both trailers they have released are dripping with atmosphere, much like the Metro series, probably more so. The only real worry is the combat being too easy, i can live with dodgy voice acting, it's what i've come to expect from video games.

Last edited:
Soldato
Shameful voice acting. Couldn't they find some decent Ukrainian voice actors?
I am sorry to say this, but posts like this are so unbelievably dumb I just gotta shake my head.

Yes, there will be ukrainian voice acting as well. And english one. It is shocking, I know.

Think the dev team have moved to some other country

Specifically right to my country of Czechland. Part of the team is still in Kyiv though.

Last edited:
Associate
Think the dev team have moved to some other country, parts do look good, but i can see this maybe being delayed further, kind of getting metro exodus vibes, looks very similar on rail shooter maybe ?
the original stalker games weren't on rail shooters like metro, you were free to explore the maps and pick and choose side missions etc, i hope 2 is similar.

Permabanned
TBH, with what's happening there, the last thing I'm concerned about is them releasing a quality game.

It hits extra hard since my country borders with Ukraine.

The trailer looks good, BTW.

Associate
I'm still very unsure how to feel about this.

The first trailer was very "vertical slice" and this new trailer has a very Call of Duty vibe to it.

That's not to say thats a bad thing per'se. But STALKER really caught me off guard first time around.

I had followed it for years and suddenly it just arrived and it really was like nothing I have played before or since.

I still remember entering the swamps just as it started to rain and then a storm whipped up. As I'm splashing around I suddenly heard a really low growl and I span around to see...nothing...as I tried to see if there was anything I might have missed I noticed the lightning reflections on the water and after a couple of seconds I noticed 2 of the white blotches didnt disappear once the lightning was finished. Then they blinked at me and I proceeded to foul myself.

There is a part of me that knows few can ring bells like that twice.

I'm hopeful...but I can't see it holding a candle to the original which upon reflection felt like a real 'you had to be there' moment for gaming.

I cant imagine what its like for people playing it for the first time today. Even when modded.

Soldato
Also I think i remember you loved the yakuza games, yakuza 0 in particular. I remember getting bored and thinking it must be a Japanese thing :p:cry:

Nah, these games have a big fanbase outside Japan and I just have fond memories with the series:) They're loved for a reason and I think there hasn't been a single one in the mainline entries that reviewed badly in the west but they're rather specific and not made with a huge AAA budget so I understand people not gelling with them outright. Or at all, for that matter:p Even that sad git Mack praised Kiwami 2 though:D

But let's get back to Stalker, sorry for derailing the thread guys:)

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
I still remember entering the swamps just as it started to rain and then a storm whipped up. As I'm splashing around I suddenly heard a really low growl and I span around to see...nothing...as I tried to see if there was anything I might have missed I noticed the lightning reflections on the water and after a couple of seconds I noticed 2 of the white blotches didnt disappear once the lightning was finished. Then they blinked at me and I proceeded to foul myself.
Agreed. The original is one of my all time favourite plays. Fond memories of the atmosphere in the game, be it during a lightning storm, casual tick of a Geiger counter whilst walking about or background conversation of some NPCs talking. The mutants were all interesting and would put me on edge if I heard them, particularly the invisible dudes and those damn psychic controller guys.
I never actually got anywhere with the sequel, it just crashed constantly and I couldn't progress the game, never retried playing them after that. Half tempted to revisit the games with lots of mods.

Soldato
Damn, can't believe time has passed so quickly since I first saw this thread crop up. Had completely forgotten about it.

Just watched the trailer and agree the voice acting sounds completely out of place. Hopefully it can be played with Ukrainian voice and English subtitles so I can get immersed as American accents don't fit this game in the slightest. The environments look spot on. Can't wait to see more. I'm not expecting it to be like the original, but hoping it retains some of the atmosphere and grittiness.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom