S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Caporegime

I need to upgrade but I don't think I game enough to justify the cost. Then again if I upgrade I'll probably play more...

I need to stop myself now. This train of thought always ends in DAVID! WHAT THE **** DID YOU BUY AT OVERCLOCKERS FOR THREE GRAND???

Hehe, I know what you mean. I keep window shopping on here, pricing up 2k - 4k machines, which to be honest, are probably beyond my requirements at this point anyway. :D

A 2500K /8GB ram /290 is still a decent spec/capable system.

Associate
I don’t have much faith in this, I’m sure in terms of atmosphere, visuals and storytelling it will be good but all the combat gameplay looks like it’s made for kids and casual gamers. Original stalker games were brutally hard and unforgiving… there’s no way Microsoft allows them to make the game brutally hard like the originals, will scare off most of their customers.

Soldato
For me, it is the simple fact that it is going to cost £silly which will prevent me even thinking about getting it within 2 years of release.

Soldato
I don’t have much faith in this, I’m sure in terms of atmosphere, visuals and storytelling it will be good but all the combat gameplay looks like it’s made for kids and casual gamers. Original stalker games were brutally hard and unforgiving… there’s no way Microsoft allows them to make the game brutally hard like the originals, will scare off most of their customers.

Sadly i'm inclined to agree with you.

Games back when STALKER were released were made almost as pieces of art, a labour of love to bring an idea into "real life" and to let people experience your vision of a game world.

These days they're cash cows, designed to appeal to the masses and to encourage as many people to spend extra money through micro transactions :(

Soldato
Looks amazing.

The endless cynicism gets tiring as ****.

Think it’s because my fingers have been burned so many times with sequels and games these days that’s it’s hard to get truly excited for releases anymore!

Can’t say I liked the American accents in this game play trailer that was release this evening.

I won’t be preordering or buying on release (more due to lack of gaming time more than anything) but will be keeping a close eye on this thread in hope it’s as great as I want it to be :)

Soldato
Looks amazing.

The endless cynicism gets tiring as ****.
Yeah, does indeed look good. I'm a huge fan of the originals. I'm not expecting this to be a modernised stalker, as much as that would be great, gaming has moved on, and I very much doubt a remake in the quirkyness and difficulty of the first would be as marketable today as it was then. If anyone remembers properly STALKERS original release was a bit of a farce, it was a buggy mess and a bit marmite with its "difficulty". Nowadays a release like that would lead to a huge backlash.
I'll judge 2 on its own merits when it is released. However going off what I've seen so far I'm looking forward to it. Even if it goes to help support a game studio who is going through difficulties. I mean a studio who can release a game in the current situation they are in deserves a bit of support.

Man of Honour
Trailer looks good but just as suspected, some parts of the trailer show stutter. And the voice acting is quite comical, like a bad B movie. So hopefully they don't force English dubs and subtitles with native language is usable.

Do not pre order for obvious reasons.

Soldato
People absolutely should be cynical considering the state of PC games released. I mean I thought some console ones were bad but PC just takes the biscuit.

Associate
Looks like they have nailed the atmosphere, but hearing every character speak with a western accent completely took me out of it.

Back
Top Bottom