S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Soldato
Damn, can't believe time has passed so quickly since I first saw this thread crop up. Had completely forgotten about it.

Just watched the trailer and agree the voice acting sounds completely out of place. Hopefully it can be played with Ukrainian voice and English subtitles so I can get immersed as American accents don't fit this game in the slightest. The environments look spot on. Can't wait to see more. I'm not expecting it to be like the original, but hoping it retains some of the atmosphere and grittiness.

Agree about the voice acting, needs to be Ukrainian.

If not, then I hope it gets modded.

Soldato
I don’t have much faith in this, I’m sure in terms of atmosphere, visuals and storytelling it will be good but all the combat gameplay looks like it’s made for kids and casual gamers. Original stalker games were brutally hard and unforgiving… there’s no way Microsoft allows them to make the game brutally hard like the originals, will scare off most of their customers.
The only part that was more frustrating in terms of difficulty was in Clear Sky once the guide gets you from The Swamps to Cordon and the military shoots at you from the checkpoint. Plus the perfect throwing grenades of the NPCs...

On medium difficulty it wasn't that hard and on easy was well... even easier.
That run and gun sequences from the trailers, I think, it was done more for the sake of the trailer. Since the game is done by people who have roots with the previous games it should be fine (unless they've "sold out" to MS :p ).

Back
Top Bottom