• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
You find it more satisfying and fun, choosing the parts for a gaming PC, putting it together than actually using it?

You need to get a job building PC's.

If only I could probably should rephrase that I like both but more fun into researching parts bulding and setting it up , pretty sure you can be enthusiast and not be having to buy the most expensive parts and just try getting bang for buck and tweaking the hardware

Associate
You find it more satisfying and fun, choosing the parts for a gaming PC, putting it together than actually using it?

You need to get a job building PC's.
It's like everything. Some people enjoy the actual doing something themselves whether it be DIY, working on your car, or whatever. We're all different.

Soldato
I have always been into buying bang for buck just always found it more satisfying find it more fun putting it all together and choosing parts over using the thing
Same, probably due to the decline in the quality of games these days and my own limited interest in them.

Caporegime
@LtMatt slightly left field question, but since you seem to like high power limits, why didn’t you buy a 4090 FE over an AIB card?
Three reasons:

1) The FE cooler is inferior to the Palit GameRock which I am currently using.
2) I am using a Galax 660W BIOS on the GameRock which is enough power. I hit 650W playing Dying Light 2.
3) The GameRock is a really easy to dismantle and change the thermal paste.

Not bad for an apparently 'terrible PCB', Port Royal score.

Last edited:
Associate
Three reasons:

2) I am using a Galax 660W BIOS on the GameRock which is enough power. I hit 650W playing Dying Light 2.

fe cards from anyone are a pain in the arse to take apart :D hundreds of screws, hot glue and tape!

Caporegime
fe cards from anyone are a pain in the arse to take apart :D hundreds of screws, hot glue and tape!
Yeah I didn't want that. Plus I had a bad experience with the 3090 FE cards (had two of them) with the memory hitting 110c and the fan speed ramping to 100%. Since then I stopped using the FE cards and went AIB, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3090 TI (wonderful cooler) and now the Palit GameRock 4090. Also a great cooler but not quite as good as the previous Gigabyte. Funnily enough it seems like the Gigabyte Gaming OC for the 4090 is not as good and slightly worse than the GameRock.

Last edited:
Soldato
Three reasons:

Thanks for the explanation. Makes a lot of sense!

I can get the same card for £1700 which is slightly tempting when compared with the FE. Patience is certainly a virtue…

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow, really? Strix two year? Costs an arm and a leg too. :eek:

Least I got my GameRock for £1879, but still a rip off tbf.

No I got that wrong it's 3 lol, swore it said 2. Still, Zotac gives 5 so they all look bad compared.

Seems to just be Gainward, KFa and Gamerock one that is 2. I was worried about it but then I remembered I wont even have the card that long probably.

Last edited:
Associate
No I got that wrong it's 3 lol, swore it said 2. Still, Zotac gives 5 so they all look bad compared.

Seems to just be Gainward, KFa and Gamerock one that is 2. I was worried about it but then I remembered I wont even have the card that long probably.
for me warranty length is more how much they have faith in their product to last, 2 years just says bottom of the barrel parts running at limits of spec to me

Back
Top Bottom