***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

Man of Honour
I've tried lower res and settings, makes no difference, and the game is barely using 7GB max.

On my 3070 mobile there is a huge difference between 1080p and 1440p for some reason (more than other games and not VRAM amount related) - 1440p gets bogged down a lot while 1080p rarely drops below 60 FPS. That is with mostly ultra settings but the game auto-detect wants to set medium.

Commissario
Played 20 minutes or so, game looks glorious. Game maxed out on Ultra settings at 3840 x 1600 and my pc is still quiet as a mouse for some reason.:confused:

Fans ramp up big time when playing BF2042 or Cod.

Maybe the game will test my rig more when I'm at Hogwarts.

Last edited:
Soldato
Played 20 minutes or so, game looks glorious. Game maxed out on Ultra settings at 3840 x 1600 and my pc is still quiet as a mouse for some reason.:confused:

Fans ramp up big time when playing BF2042 or Cod.

Maybe the game will test my rig more when I'm at Hogwarts.
I too was lulled into that false sense of security at the start of the game, when i got to Hogwarts it was a whole different thing.

Associate
I'm expecting the main performance fixes to come in Fridays day 1 patch
Its made a significant difference for me. Still getting the odd drop but only to around 50 and its nowhere near as often as it was. Cutscenes seem fine now too.

Much smoother experience now. Oddly it defaulted all my settings to ultra and turned on RT but I've just gone back to high as it was before.

Soldato
Re performance issues, who's running 16gb ram ?
That video showing huge difference in performance with 16gb as opposed to 32gb.

Associate
How accessible is the game if you are not a Harry Potter fan? Curious as the game looks good but would skip it if I have had to have at least watched some of the films to understand it!

Pet Northerner
Don
How accessible is the game if you are not a Harry Potter fan? Curious as the game looks good but would skip it if I have had to have at least watched some of the films to understand it!

The game is set in the 1800s , so has nothing that's directly tied to the films (i.e no Harry etc) but shares the world. I think you'd be fine if you like the look of it.

Man of Honour
Completely, there may be some easter eggs you'll miss out on but the story is completely self contained.

Some stuff might confuse or be missed by people who don't have at least a passing interest - such as the implications with the Thestrals in the introduction (albeit it is kind of obvious).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom