***Hogwarts Legacy - RPG***

Soldato
Runs perfectly fine on my 6800xt. Everything set to ultra except RT. FSR scales to 67% so 960p or something at 2560x1440.

Only hope patches and actual optimised drivers improve it further.

Missed a chest early doors but I cannot be bothered to go through the opening 45 minutes again.

Last edited:
Soldato
I haven't done a single quest or assignment yet, For nearly 3 hours all I've been doing is exploring Hogwarts, Not left the castle yet to explore outside of it in the open world, It is HUGE.

The detail is incredible, Hogwarts is a direct 1:1 of the films, Everything in the films can be found here but the scale is very impressive, Definitely a passion project.

View attachment 0jZl086.jpg

Man of Honour
These are really good tips, especially the camera one

Shame they didn't extend the passion project aspect as mentioned by Dicehunter above to the PC controls/gameplay - that video looks like it could be useful to sort some of the issues I have with playing the game but I'm still finding it frustrating especially as I know how to program games like this to actually work well on the PC (or at least in my opinion).

Underboss
Shame they didn't extend the passion project aspect as mentioned by Dicehunter above to the PC controls/gameplay - that video looks like it could be useful to sort some of the issues I have with playing the game but I'm still finding it frustrating especially as I know how to program games like this to actually work well on the PC (or at least in my opinion).
Contact the devs then, I'm sure they'd appreciate your input. Telling us what's wrong (at least in your opinion) won't change anything.

Played through the opening 45mins last night, runs very well on my setup which is great, got to Hogwarts but was that tired I went to bed. The little combat I did in that opening 45mins felt odd, think I may try changing that camera setting so I can free target people.

Soldato
Some hefty requirements on the 4K Ultra settings. 32GB RAM and 13GB VRAM. Some early benchmarks show that even at 4K the 4090 is just coping.

Yea, I'm running everything ultra, with dlss performance (I normally choose quality) at 4k with a 3090 and yea, I've just learnt to live with sub 60fps for this game.

Mind you, no new nvidia driver, no day 1 patch. So I'm not overly concerned.

Soldato
I was just watching a few videos on YouTube to see how this will perform on a 3080 10GB - seems that 1440p ultra with rt is a complete no-go due to not enough vram. I think I’ll have to look at some settings guides to see what’s possible with lowered settings before I buy the game.

Without rt performance on the 3080 seems decent at both 1440p and 4K ultra both with and without dlss.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I was just watching a few videos on YouTube to see how this will perform on a 3080 10GB - seems that 1440p ultra with rt is a complete no-go due to not enough vram. I think I’ll have to look at some settings guides to see what’s possible with lowered settings.

Without rt performance on the 3080 seems decent at both 1440p and 4K ultra both with and without dlss.
That surprises me because I played 1440 on Ultra with RT on , with my 8gb 3060TI last night and had over 60fps no problem , so surprises me that a 10gb 3080 cant do it. Doesnt make any sense that.

In the end though I turned off RT anyway because I actually think the RT spoils the game because it isnt done very well. Some of the shadows just dont look right or simply dont show at all with RT on and the RT refllections are too OTT and actually make some things unviewable, for example there were some paintings that I literally couldnt even see because of an RT "reflection" covering the painting

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting! The particular video I watched showed 9+ gb of vram usage. As soon as he added rt to 1440p the game went from smooth to single figures. So it’s interesting that you’re seeing different

Man of Honour
Interesting! The particular video I watched showed 9+ gb of vram usage. As soon as he added rt to 1440p the game went from smooth to single figures. So it’s interesting that you’re seeing different
Yeah, prior to me turning off RT for the reasons above, I was hitting 75-80fps with RT on and 1440 Ultra, no idea why they were getting single figure fps

Back
Top Bottom