Relatively new build - No post

Associate
OP
Okay. So the new board is coming today so I stripped everything from the Mobo, only thing plugged into was the Mobo speaker, keyboard and monitor. Ram and CPU removed.

No post, no display output. I think she’s dead. Just waiting for the Amazon man now. Will post back if I get her working.

Soldato
Did u do it without the m2 in? Did u reset the cmos then leave it for half a hour then after turn it on to see if it fixes itself somehow but leave it on for about 20 mins see if it sorts itself out? Even if looks like nothings happening after u switch it on.

I think u need cpu in or it wouldnt work btw, i dont think a pc can boot without one.

Id check ur cpu incase any bent pins on the mb as well if u can.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Okay. So the new board is coming today so I stripped everything from the Mobo, only thing plugged into was the Mobo speaker, keyboard and monitor. Ram and CPU removed.

No post, no display output. I think she’s dead. Just waiting for the Amazon man now. Will post back if I get her working.

You need the CPU one stick of ram to boot but clear the CMOS first as above.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The Mobo I have can boot without a CPU.

Okay fellas, so try and figure this one out. New motherboard installed and I am still facing the same issue.

Is it likely to be the PSU? I’m so annoyed right now

Soldato
Maybe put out a request for help from someone nearby that can come help maybe, order some pizza for em as a thank you.

Is the psu fan spinning, if so then its switched on so should be working hopefully.
Is the cpu in properly, any damage on cpu?
Is the memory in ok
Is the cpu got a onboard gpu if so run the cable from mb to monitor for testing. So no gpu for now.
Is the mb a diff make or brand or same exact type?

Got any old parts that could be used to test with, old psu, old cpu etc?

Failing that, take it to a nearby computer shop that has a good rep for repairs etc (if u can) and say theres 20 quid can u make it turn on. :p Or as i said before, see if u can put a request topic saying u need a hand and ud like them to bring some parts like psu gpu that they have spare that they can put in to test to rule out stuff and pin point what is the issue part.

My guess would be psu or cpu since ur having issues with the new mb like old one.

Last last resort, do a few video shorts with ur mobile on utube and show what u tried visually and explain that way, might be more helpful than txt chat. I dunno.

Soldato
Try build it, no m2 drive but use normal ssd or old hdd for test, 2 sticks of ram in banks 2 and 4. put cpu in and hsf on, plug the cpu 8pin in and 4 pin if needed. plug the hsf fan in on mb so powered.

Turn the pc on, leave it alone for a hour, see if it pops to live. Dont turn it off if u dont see anything happen as it might be memory training or something tho i dunno if thats just for am5 or not.

Heres a random utube vid dunno if any good but have a look through see if anything helps.

Think this is ur board. Double check u done what they do.

Also i think ur mb needs cpu to boot, it does say it can update bios without cpu in but thats a diff thing.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thank you for your replies.

I’ve reached out and managed to find someone local who is lending me their PSU for testing. I’ve also ordered a new PSU but can cancel that order based on tonight.

I hadn’t thought about just leaving it on for a while, I’ll go and try that now. I couldn’t see it being the CPU but then with my luck so far it absolutely will be that.

Soldato
I once knackard my bros q6600 once by just touching the hdf once a bit, cpu died after that, luckily cpus like e8000 or somit was like 10 quid and worked when i put it in, so u never know.

Hope u get it sorted. :) Be interesting to know what it eventually turns out to be.

If u had access to Members market i was gona suggest u put a topic in the wanted section for a cpu to test, if someone lived local next to u.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I’ve had the PC on now since you last posted, it’s still doing the 4 beeps. Mad! Anyhow, just waiting for the wife to get home so I can run over and nab this other PSU.

I’ve never looked in MM before, will have a nosey.

Associate
OP
Okay. Got a loaner PSU, same behaviour.

Now the only thing I have not done is build it outside the case to rule out a short. So guess what I’m doing now.

Associate
OP
Okay.

So I’ve build it on the motherboard box. I stick of ram, CPU + cooler and drive. 4 FLIPPING beeps. WTH am I going to do now? Is my CPU dead, if so why the hell did it die? Nothing touched the CPU or the cooler when I was installing the GFX card, is this something that happens?

I also tried with removing the CPU and while the light come on their is no beeping but there’s also no screen I can access.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Okay.

So I’ve build it on the motherboard box. I stick of ram, CPU + cooler and drive. 4 FLIPPING beeps. WTH am I going to do now? Is my CPU dead, if so why the hell did it die? Nothing touched the CPU or the cooler when I was installing the GFX card, is this something that happens?

I also tried with removing the CPU and while the light come on their is no beeping but there’s also no screen I can access.
If that's with the new motherboard and different psu then yes it looks like the CPU is faulty .

Did you try both sticks of memory individualy ?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If that's with the new motherboard and different psu then yes it looks like the CPU is faulty .

Did you try both sticks of memory individualy ?
I haven’t tried alternating the RAM. It’s worth a shot so I’ll try that next. Keep the suggestions coming.

I’m looking at getting a 12700k or replacement 13600k but if there’s a magic bullet of trouble shooting I haven’t done yet I would prefer that lol

Soldato
try just 2 sticks ram in for testing, put them in slot 2 and 4. Then let the comp run for a bit see if that helps get the memory training done as im wondering if its a mem training thing and its having issues. That or the cpu somehow got messed up.

Found out the bios it uses ami bios and so here are the codes that should be for that mb using the ami codes.

If ur sure the beeps are 4 short ones, and not 1 long and 3 short ones then it could be:

4 Short Beeps​

Four short beeps mean that the motherboard timer is not working properly but it could also mean that there's a problem with the RAM module that's in the lowest (usually marked 0) slot.

Usually, a hardware failure with an expansion card or a problem with the motherboard itself could trigger this beep code.

Start by reseating the desktop memory module and then replacing it if that doesn't work. Next, assuming those ideas have failed, reseat any expansion cards and then replace any that seem to be the culprit.

Replace the motherboard as the last option.

Edit :

Also u said on page 1 that you

I have removed CMOS battery

Make sure it was put back correctly as that could be throwing up this 4 beeps if its not the ram causing it.

Last edited:
Soldato
And if the above fails, u can try doing that qflash thing, by sticking the latest bios on a usb, putting it in turning the psu on so the mb has power but dont turn it on and press that qflash button on the mb dedicated for it and pray.

Associate
OP
It’s 4 long beeps though, each beep lasts about 2 seconds?

Too late for me now but I’ll try 2 sticks of ram and see what happens tomorrow, will post an update too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom