** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
Well that takes care of that then. Enjoyed the storyline and the cutscenes but still won't be buying it until the price drops as I'm only likely to play the main game through once or twice and I have zero interest in just grinding for better gear. As with most Blizzard games it runs pretty flawlessly on Linux via Lutris with no tinkering required.

Soldato
I enjoyed the beta slam event a lot more than I expected to, but I'm still on the fence about investing in the game.

I played a Rogue to 20 without issue on world tier 2, died twice and that was due to having to AFK more than anything. Went with what I suspect was a sub-optimal flurry/poison build, I also played a Druid with some of the werewolf skills up to level 10 on WT1 and that felt like a breeze to me. I didn't play the other beta's so maybe that's to my benefit given some of the complaints I've seen.

Soldato
Yeah, this is the new normal for PC.

Games sold directly by the publisher on their own digital platform. You be waiting a very long time for any sort of discount. Especially from Blizzard.

Associate
Very unlikely this will bomb, despite the balance issues in game. There are still millions of Blizzard zealots who will support them no matter what. This will remain full price for quite some time.

If they don't get balance right, then I can see player nummbers dropping off a lot after season 1, particularly with the strong line up of games coming out from other developers in the latter half of this year.

Last edited:
Associate
A lot of flack going d4s way from the latest beta about how it’s a worse experience from the last beta, and it’s fair. But put in perspective, d3 is a horrendous playing experience early game as well.

Problem here is such nerfs and the lack of unique drops is insult to injury.

And it won’t end there. Charged bolts + the fireball enchant is pretty busted and that will likely be nerfed before release too. There’s not a vast array of skills and combos, and blizz can’t even get these balanced, so faith in getting a consistent playing experience is minimal. Reminds me of wolcen obliterating builds that people had put many hours of endgame into.
Crazy how people are trying to extrapolate gameplay/drops etc from 20 levels of gameplay. How crap were D3 drops during levels 1-20? And how much of the actual gaming experience was taken up by levels 1-20?

Soldato
The last live service game I invested a lot of time to was Destiny 1 and I get the same feeling of fun when I play D4. Being new to Diablo means I have no previous game in the series to compare it to. Despite the tweaks I've liked what I've played thus far enough to think I'll get my monies worth from the Ultimate edition. Time will tell, but I'm excited for June 2nd.

Associate
Crazy how people are trying to extrapolate gameplay/drops etc from 20 levels of gameplay. How crap were D3 drops during levels 1-20? And how much of the actual gaming experience was taken up by levels 1-20?
Crazy how people are trying to say the game will be balanced from lvl 20+ when Blizzard can't even cope with basic skill trees, and have a long history of failing to achieve balance in their other games eg. D3

Sorry, don't mean to be rude, just playing devil's advocate.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Very unlikely this will bomb, despite the balance issues in game. There are still millions of Blizzard zealots who will support them no matter what. This will remain full price for quite some time.

If they don't get balance right, then I can see player nummbers dropping off a lot after season 1, particularly with the strong line up of games coming out from other developers in the latter half of this year.
Yeah it definitely wont bomb, not in terms of sales anyway. Like or dislike the game, like or dislike the price, the reality is that Diablo 4 will be the biggest selling PC title of the year.

Man of Honour
Even if you only get 45 hours out of it, it's still the cheapest form of entertainment.
Yup, this is why I use the £ per hour system to discern value for money, despite the price rises, gaming is still the most hours per £ of entertainment you can get from almost all entertainment forms.

Soldato
Well that takes care of that then. Enjoyed the storyline and the cutscenes but still won't be buying it until the price drops as I'm only likely to play the main game through once or twice and I have zero interest in just grinding for better gear.
yeah - similar feeling - enjoyable, fun game, never really played any of them before. But just doesn't feel like there's much there long term!

Last edited:
Soldato
doubt the balance will be great on first release, I mean what ARPG has ever been released in a perfect state?
as long as each class has 1 or 2 playable builds through to end game it'll be fine. Season 1 kicks off a few weeks after initial release so enough time to tune some numbers and fix smaller bugs

Back
Top Bottom