• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
I think it's a lottery on which driver to use.. They all seem to have their issues..
Nvidia the premium product.. don't make me laugh..
Those long standing issues are just a joke and a company the size of Nvidia really should be dealing with those in one or two driver updates..

Now that Nvidia are big into AI, maybe they can use it to write better driver software, and while they're at it, drag the driver interface into the 21st century back from the nineties.

Soldato
yeah the interface has been the same since the gefore256 days

Any time there's mention of change the old farts start having old man rage "don't change it if it works"... it does need to be updated, I started using Nvidia cards when XP first came out and the control panel hasn't changed.

Last edited:
Associate
Any time there's mention of change the old farts start having old man rage "don't change it if it works"... it does need to be updated, I started using Nvidia cards when XP first came out and the control panel hasn't changed.

Said it many times but you have a GPU that looks like a single slot 8800GT with 2x DVI ports representing the GPU, DVI is dead and cards haven't been single slot for well over a decade. And then you have square CRT monitors showing the Windows XP desktop, an OS that now what? 22yrs old! with home and back buttons right out of XP.

Nvidia, please update your images at the very least, honestly this can't take you very long to do if you don't touch anything else.

Last edited:
Soldato
Said it many times but you have a GPU that looks like a single slot 8800GT with 2x DVI ports representing the GPU, DVI is dead and cards haven't been single slot for well over a decade. And then you have square CRT monitors showing the Windows XP desktop, an OS that now what? 22yrs old! with home and back buttons right out of XP.

Nvidia, please update your images at the very least, honestly this can't take you very long to do if you don't touch anything else.

People have been asking Nvidia directly for well over a decade, The usual response is Nvidia ignoring their customers but the times they do respond it's the usual "It's what people are used to".

I think the only way it's getting updated is if some clever people figure out how to do it themselves.

Man of Honour
People have been asking Nvidia directly for well over a decade, The usual response is Nvidia ignoring their customers but the times they do respond it's the usual "It's what people are used to".

I think the only way it's getting updated is if some clever people figure out how to do it themselves.

A lot of it is exposed via the nvcpl API ( https://developer.download.nvidia.c.../common/src/NvCpl/docs/NVControlPanel_API.pdf ) 3D settings and G-Sync, etc. would probably need a bit of debugging to see what is going on underneath.

I don't personally see the need really to update it though - I pretty much fire and forget settings for the most part and it just works - though it would be nice if there were some more settings and features exposed via it.

Soldato
I don't mind the front end being updated so long as we don't lose functionality in the process. Nvidia Profile Inspector is an absolutely essential piece of software for me, and I regularly use it to force games into behaving the way I want them to. It's the single thing I miss most when using AMD cards, as there's not even a remote equivalent in terms of functionality, with similar programs like ATI Tray Tools having disappeared a long, long time ago. AMD's driver revamp came with many positives, and the "new" Radeon software is very slick, but Nvidia's stability (in terms of the software package) has resulted in an extremely mature ecosystem. Years go by and nothing changes, but that's also a good thing in many ways, especially if you play a lot of older games like I do. Those typically require at least some wrangling to get running right on modern systems and NPI is invaluable for facilitating that. The same wealth of tweaks and settings just isn't available on AMD cards, and some of those that are have been pretty hit and miss (in terms of working at all) in my experience, in particular when it comes to older titles.

So yeah, jazz up the control panel interface all you like, but leave the back end alone. That part simply doesn't need fixing.

Soldato
360.09 and afterburner fan settings refuse to load at the same time as my overclock. Just when the hot weather strikes!! Is there anyway to save a profile, reinstall and import it?

Soldato
I don't mind the front end being updated so long as we don't lose functionality in the process. Nvidia Profile Inspector is an absolutely essential piece of software for me, and I regularly use it to force games into behaving the way I want them to. It's the single thing I miss most when using AMD cards, as there's not even a remote equivalent in terms of functionality, with similar programs like ATI Tray Tools having disappeared a long, long time ago. AMD's driver revamp came with many positives, and the "new" Radeon software is very slick, but Nvidia's stability (in terms of the software package) has resulted in an extremely mature ecosystem. Years go by and nothing changes, but that's also a good thing in many ways, especially if you play a lot of older games like I do. Those typically require at least some wrangling to get running right on modern systems and NPI is invaluable for facilitating that. The same wealth of tweaks and settings just isn't available on AMD cards, and some of those that are have been pretty hit and miss (in terms of working at all) in my experience, in particular when it comes to older titles.

So yeah, jazz up the control panel interface all you like, but leave the back end alone. That part simply doesn't need fixing.

I like the wealth of tweaks available especially through Nvidia Inspector but it would be nice if some of the iconography was updated in the control panel i.e the pic of 8800GT and CRT screen, Update them maybe to a 3000 series Founders Edition and generic modern LCD.

Last edited:
Caporegime

TBF, it does just work! :)

But yeah not a fan of the UI myself, they could easily touch it up without having to do a complete revamp like amd did. amd CP whilst it looks way better, it isn't quite as functional imo, also had a lot of issues with it too where undervolt etc. settings would keep resetting every now and then, never could get to the bottom of this!

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
360.09 and afterburner fan settings refuse to load at the same time as my overclock. Just when the hot weather strikes!! Is there anyway to save a profile, reinstall and import it?
are you sure your on 360.09? lastest drover is 535.98.. if your using latest afterburner it might be in compatible with that driver version

Caporegime
Well I'll give the 545.29 a go and report back!

Clipboard02.jpg

Caporegime
Well, it's not as bad as the Game Ready drivers... But still on the high side!

2050.904762 Nvlddmkm.sys

However I've been told that using High Performance mode in games negates this anyway.

Soldato
NVIDIA RTX / Quadro Desktop and Notebook Driver Release 535

NVIDIA RTX Enterprise Production Branch Driver

Release 535 is a Production Branch release of the NVIDIA RTX Enterprise Driver. Production Branch drivers are designed and tested to provide long-term stability and availability. These drivers are ideal for enterprise customers and professional users who require application and hardware certification and regular driver updates for the latest in driver enhancements and security improvements.

In addition to professional workstation features, Production Branch drivers also contain the features and enhancements of NVIDIA Studio Drivers of the same version number.

New Features in Version R535 U2

R535 U2 adds the latest bug fixes and driver component enhancements to improve performance.
Fixed Issues in Version 535 U2

[3DEXCITE][DELTAGEN2023x]: incorrect access to GL Material property
[Dassault][3DExperience]: application crash when pan/zooming draft image
[ON1][Photo RAW]: application crash when Learning Hub dialog is closed

For anyone interested this is overall a ever so slightly newer driver than Game Ready 536.23 -

536.25 (Enterprise) 536_08-13

536.23 (Game Ready) 536_08-08

NOTE - You do need a card flashed with a Quadro or "A" series vbios for these to work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom