***The Official Starfield Thread*** (As endorsed by TNA)

Man of Honour
Well now knowing that

- holding the start button takes me to the map
- I can bring up the scanner in space and fly directly to planets
- adjusting controller look sensitivity to 100% and the look and aim V/H sensitivities to 20%

Have all improved the game for me.

Soldato
I've not no, card is completely stock. Was fine for 4 or 5 hours earlier, no issue what so ever. And not seen anything like that in any other game. All started after updating driver. Now it feels like it's baked in somehow. Just don't know what else to do now. Everything I try, even the things that don't make much sense isn't fixing. Been trying now since 7pm

It's common to only show up infrequently if it's borderline stable without artifacts. Had an Amd card years ago that couldn't run stock vram. Well worth a try.

Soldato
is the steam overlay FPS counter accurate or not

5800x3d and a 7900XT says I am getting avg 100fps on planet surface and avg 120fps indoors at 2k ultra settings, no upscaling and no FSR, set shadows only to high

vram useage is low..less than 7gig and system memory using about 15 gig (out of 32)
Exact same setup as me and seeing similar performance. Running like a dream though I’ve only played first hour or so.

Caporegime
I was messing around with one of those reshade profiles for this game someone made and it's crazy how bright the game is naturally.

Before
9jPq5qw.png

After
qIVN45g.png

Before
mP1BnwS.jpg

After
DoDb0bV.jpg

probably still weird but atleats things are dark and not overly bright with weird glare smeared all over the screen
Save as whatever.ini and import it with reshade as a preset or just manually change the reshade values using only the options below.

Techniques=[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]

[Curves.fx]
Contrast=0.650000
Formula=4
Mode=0

[FakeHDR.fx]
HDRPower=1.300000
radius1=0.793000
radius2=0.870000

[Levels.fx]
BlackPoint=15
HighlightClipping=0
WhitePoint=235

[Tonemap.fx]
Bleach=0.000000
Defog=0.000000
Exposure=0.000000
FogColor=0.000000,0.000000,1.000000
Gamma=1.000000
Saturation=0.000000

If you have HDR turned on in window sit might looked borked? IDK I have that setting turned off on my monitor

Last edited:
Soldato
You know what? I'm going to buck the trend in here, I'm genuinely really enjoying this, and I have had a very smooth experience so far. I just wish I could banish the damn robot to the ship.
I'm not sure where the fuss is being kicked up about it being "washed", yes under certain lighting conditions it can look a bit washed out, but others it can look utterly wonderful. Yes HDR would be very nice. However, generally I like the aesthetics of the game, I'd rather it be the way it is rather than over saturated. I'm sure it will shake out in coming patches, I'm sure day one patch when its released to the peasants will be huge:p.
I got a bit of a shock when I turned on performance metrics. I have everything turned up to max at 3440x1440. Thought it was performing great, only to find it averageing ~40-50fps, but strangely enough its the smoothest 40 fps I've every seen, it dosnt feel like that in any way, I dont know what trickery they are pulling but it feels like I'm running 120, bizarre!
Thankfully I'm not experiencing any graphical glitches with shadows or anything, just the odd NPC not interacting with the environment correctly.

I think one thing I have to mention is I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with the constant barrage of sidequests at the moment, I feel like In the process of doing one side mission I unlock 2 or three more as I'm passing NPC's/overhearing convo's etc. I do have a habit of interacting with as many people as possible though, gotta be sure not to miss anything! I'm sure I will get used to it, but when you are trying to work out the fundamental mechanics of a game, the side quests feel like they are paced a little bit fast so early on, I've spent about 3 hours doing nothing but sidequests and almost forgot what I came to the planet for in the first place :cry:.

Have not tried the DLSS mod yet, might give it a look tomorrow, I just wanted to get on and play it this evening though.

Soldato
I'm about to lose it here. Underclocked vram and core by 500mhz, back on old driver i was using previously this afternoon, started new game..This is the bottom of the lift scene

dXHMl5r.png

WTF is going on guys???

Have you tried it with other games? What about your monitor and it's cable? A different port of the GPU? That's a proper strange one.

Soldato
13.5h in, not had any 'wow moments' yet but there will be, every Bethesda game has given me them. Not rushing anything, not going to burn out on side quests and activities, that will be for other playthroughs. Not investing any points in stealth! I feel this game suits the guns blazing approach more.

Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom