What Retro Games Are You Currently Playing?

Soldato
Finished Metroid Fusion on GBA (via rg351p)

Until a couple of years ago, the only Metroid I'd played was Super, which is probably my all time favourite game.

I briefly tried the original NES game, through Switch, but it's not aged well. And bought Dread, which I liked quite a lot.

Fusion was interesting in that it's much closer to Dread than Super was. I didn't think it was great, though: it's really prescriptive about where to go, the boss fights are really bland (and a lot of the bosses look like they should be in a Megaman game), the damage enemies do Vs how much you recharge with picking up X's is irritating, and the sound is quite bad (a GBA limitation,I suppose).

That said, I enjoyed my time with it, it just wasn't even close to as good as Super.

Last edited:
Associate
Fantastic game but that Side Swipe vehicle can do one lol

I've recently replayed Goldeneye (on Agent) via the Switch Online service, I really need to get one of those N64 controllers for it though as it was borderline unplayable at times.

You can configure the pro controller to work really well by remapping some buttons and selecting the 1.2 solitaire layout in Goldeneye. It's x100 better after this.

Soldato
Had a blast on this, ended up playing for an hour or so.

0JfOUAb.jpg

NekUHD8.jpg

un4EElG.jpg

VsJXNHi.jpg

FBxV1HG.jpg

olnMrqe.jpg

Should have visited the other city (highwater) for the longsword before entering the valley of the gods.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the original disk somewhere, it used to be worth decent money. oh and the one with a demo of, i think wind waker hd was at one point worth silly money.. :eek:

Twighlight Princess on GC is currently going for £85 from most retro type stores.On ebay the pal version is over a ton. It's bonkers because you acn get a used Wii and a copy of twighlight princess for the Wii for less than 40 notes. used Wii's unboxed go for around 30 quid and the Wii copy of twighlight princess is usually around a tenner. God knows why the GC version is so coveted at this point in time. I was prety OCD when I was younger when it came to looking after games so all my SNES, GC, PS1 and PS2 games are in mint condition. I still have a boxed version of final fight which when I checked the current going prices for a CIB copy of Final Fight on SNES I was almost tempted to flog it, but nostalgia kicked in and I kept it. I also have Zelda link to the past and Super castlevania IV both CIB, those 3 games together are worth over 500 quid. It's nuts, have no idea why they are so pricey. Just glad I kept everything from my youth.

Soldato
Currently playing Chrono Trigger on SNES (via RG351p).

I've played through it once before, must have been in 2001 when I was first playing with emulation. Can't really remember anything about it, but I did recognise the little frog fella when he turned up.

Soldato
I recently fell back into the rabbit hole that is the original destruction derby. Once I start the championship.....that's it until it's completely done!

Still such a fun game

Back
Top Bottom