Make cannabis a Class A Drug, say Conservative Police Commissioners...

Soldato
Brain dead pot heads, like most musicians, actors, authors and artists in the last couple hundred years?

I'm a non smoker and I quite like the smell, I just don't like smoking anything. Mum died of lung cancer and my dad was on 60 cigs a day for a long time.

I'd say cigs are far worse and I still wouldn't criminalise them, if an adult wants to take a substance they should be allowed to. It should be taxed and controlled, to make it as safe as possible for the user and to cover any costs incurred (and then some).
Which is what I've said Rai, we only disagree on the smell.
I'd agree mostly with your point on cigs too, outside of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence.

Soldato
Brain dead pot heads, like most musicians, actors, authors and artists in the last couple hundred years?

I'm a non smoker and I quite like the smell, I just don't like smoking anything. Mum died of lung cancer and my dad was on 60 cigs a day for a long time.

I'd say cigs are far worse and I still wouldn't criminalise them, if an adult wants to take a substance they should be allowed to. It should be taxed and controlled, to make it as safe as possible for the user and to cover any costs incurred (and then some).

No point taxing something which tax benefits won't be passed onto the public. Instead it would be used to fill up the back pockets of the government.

Soldato
No point taxing something which tax benefits won't be passed onto the public. Instead it would be used to fill up the back pockets of the government.

If you distrust the government in general so much then no point in taxing anything. It all goes in a pot to be spent or ****** away as our elected team of politicians see fit.

As it is, this is a substance that comes with known and unknown health damage which means there's an expected bill for health costs but without a proven value. There's reason enough to substantially tax it from the start so when the health costs do come in, it can be argued that it's already being covered by the taxes already paid into the system.

Associate
No thanks, your pot heads are next door stinking your own private space out.
Rather that than the destructive and violent behaviour shown by drunk users.
Reality is that, destructive and violent drunk people are a low percentage.
In the same way, the mary jane smokers that are doing nothing good, smoke around anyone and everyone are a low percentage too.

Associate
Exactly that.

Not sure how to answer this.. I'd imagine if a parent's thought process was "well I can't smoke this outside anymore, so I'll have to smoke it indoors with my kids" they have bigger issues at hand, like being an utterly **** parent.

I'd rather they grow a spine, and not smoke it at all.

"Grow a spine and not smoke at all".

Right, cus choosing to smoke weed makes them spineless right?

The same could be said about those who drink. In fact those who drink generally cause far greater issues in society than weed smokers.

Grow up.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Nothing do that alcohol is everywhere in the UK and the majority of the population can have a pint without any issues whatsoever.

Associate
Nothing do that alcohol is everywhere in the UK and the majority of the population can have a pint without any issues whatsoever.

Have you actually bothered to check and see just how many "assaults" and violent acts are caused by people drinking to excess vs those who smoke weed?

No, of course you haven't, because if you did you might actually have to re-consider your poorly-informed opinion which is apparently based on nothing but your own ignorance and prejudice.

Soldato
"Grow a spine and not smoke at all".

Right, cus choosing to smoke weed makes them spineless right?

The same could be said about those who drink. In fact those who drink generally cause far greater issues in society than weed smokers.

Grow up.

Yeah, in the context that I wrote, a parent that sees no alternative other than to smoke weed in front of their children, is spineless.

Read into what I wrote, stop getting your feelings hurt when what I write isn't directed at you.

Unless you smoke weed in front of your kids, then see above.

Considering weed is suppose to chill you out, there's a load of people in here seemingly angry.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, in the context that I wrote, a parent that sees no alternative other than to smoke weed in front of their children, is spineless.

Read into what I wrote, stop getting your feelings hurt when what I write isn't directed at you.

Unless you smoke weed in front of your kids, then see above.

Considering weed is suppose to chill you out, there's a load of people in here seemingly angry.

No, they are not spineless... They are a crap parent, they are lazy but they are not spineless.

Not everything in this world has to be translated into a "combat format" for squaddies to comprehend.

Considering the damage alcohol does vs weed, There's a load of people in here who seem to want to demonize weed while they defend alcohol.

Associate
Not angry, disappointed.
Disappointed with your biased view point and insults towards those who choose to use it for recreational reasons (can have a pint or a joint and no problem) or medicinal purposes.

We get it, you don't like bad smells(to you), you don't want your kids to smell it for fear they become crack heads. No need to insult them or class them as X Y Z. Bad/crappy parents are one thing, don't confuse this with "if they smoke weed they are automatically a bad parent" as that is just beyond stupid.

Last edited:
Associate
I’ll take a bit of a smell over some drunk prat peeing everywhere or mouthing off.

I often wonder how these poor sensitive souls with their delicate nostrils would cope if they had to live in the countryside.

We routinely get the stink of chicken crap, or muck spreading on the fields to fertilize / re-enrich the soils and let me tell you, that is far more unpleasant than a bit of weed.

Soldato
I often wonder how these poor sensitive souls with their delicate nostrils would cope if they had to live in the countryside.

We routinely get the stink of chicken crap, or muck spreading on the fields to fertilize / re-enrich the soils and let me tell you, that is far more unpleasant than a bit of weed.
I don’t live in the countryside but I am quite rural so often get a whiff or 3 of cow dung etc when out and about and oh my it can be funky!

Soldato
Not angry, disappointed.
Disappointed with your biased view point and insults towards those who choose to use it for recreational reasons (can have a pint or a joint and no problem) or medicinal purposes.

We get it, you don't like bad smells(to you), you don't want your kids to smell it for fear they become crack heads. No need to insult them or class them as X Y Z. Bad/crappy parents are one thing, don't confuse this with "if they smoke weed they are automatically a bad parent" as that is just beyond stupid.
Again, where did a say a person who smokes weed is instantly a bad parent, I didn't, nor do think my views are biased towards people who do it for recreational reasons.

As stated already, I'm for making it legal, and taxing it, I'm certainly for having places like you mentioned in Scotland for those to have a safe space to use it.

I'm not against any person using the drug safely and responsibly if it doesn't cause harm, or real problems for others.

Maybe the way I write comes across in that way, but I don't think I've insulted anyone, please, feel free to report me to the mods and let them deal with it if you feel that's the case.

Soldato
No, they are not spineless... They are a crap parent, they are lazy but they are not spineless.

Not everything in this world has to be translated into a "combat format" for squaddies to comprehend.

Considering the damage alcohol does vs weed, There's a load of people in here who seem to want to demonize weed while they defend alcohol.

I'll stick with spineless thank you, but it's just whi I am and how I write I guess.

And I'm just writing, I don't feel I'm addressing a room full of soldiers here...
If I was half would fail a CDT I imagine :p

And I'm certainly not defending alcohol, I see the damage both do on an almost daily basis, I'm not keen on either.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well not it's legal, and smoking it is breaking the law, I imagine if I walked past two police officers while happily puffing away on a joint they'd have something to say.

But it's not illegal because it's smelly. Which seems to be your primary objection.

I sort of assumed this debate had moved on from whether it is illegal, to should it be illegal and if so how illegal.

If your objection is causing a public nuisance due to smell, it whiffs of double standards because there are already far worse things in the public space.

Last edited:
Associate
Again, where did a say a person who smokes weed is instantly a bad parent, I didn't, nor do think my views are biased towards people who do it for recreational reasons.

As stated already, I'm for making it legal, and taxing it, I'm certainly for having places like you mentioned in Scotland for those to have a safe space to use it.

I'm not against any person using the drug safely and responsibly if it doesn't cause harm, or real problems for others.

Maybe the way I write comes across in that way, but I don't think I've insulted anyone, please, feel free to report me to the mods and let them deal with it if you feel that's the case.

I must admit that when I read the previous posts I responded to, it did indeed appear as though you were in the "it's evil, it stinks, ban it all" camp.

Thank you for clarifying your position with regards to usage / legalization, I guess it may indeed have been part of how you worded things that made it appear otherwise.

You seem a lot more rational and reasonable now :p :D

Soldato
But it's not illegal because it's smelly. Which seems to be your primary objection.

I sort of assumed this debate had moved on from whether it is illegal, to should it be illegal and if so how illegal.

If your objection is causing a public nuisance due to smell, it whiffs of double standard because there are far worse things already in the public space.
No no, please, don't get me wrong, I hate the smell and I would rather my children not have to smell it out and about (me personally) not my argument for keeping it legal, I have none)
If it was legal then I'm sure it would be better managed, in certain places.

Again, I'm FOR legalising it..I want people to do as they wish with their own bodies and lives.
As mentioned, as long as its safely and responsibly, that's it.

Back
Top Bottom