*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Man of Honour
Thought as much, nothing wifi never beats anything "hard-wired".
Even when you hardwire the Stream it lags noticeably behind.

VM TV effectively uses its own broadband connection and there's very little noticeable lag. But they do have at least a decade head start.

Soldato
Just add any race to your playlist, then you just go into your playlist and the latest episode be it practice, quals or the race will be at the top. Otherwise just voice search Formula 1 on the remote.

Tried the mic with "formula 1" and it brings up the page as mentioned before where I can rewatch sauopaulo either on sky or C4, and it gives me the headlines for the race I haven't watched yet. I made sure yesterday I added the race to my playlist, it wasn't there and once again had to go scrolling through the entire season to find the recording. Sky+ worked better than this.

Soldato
Tried the mic with "formula 1" and it brings up the page as mentioned before where I can rewatch sauopaulo either on sky or C4, and it gives me the headlines for the race I haven't watched yet. I made sure yesterday I added the race to my playlist, it wasn't there and once again had to go scrolling through the entire season to find the recording. Sky+ worked better than this.
Maybe just send it back :p Honestly, easiest way go to TV guide, find a session related to race say FP1 for next weekend and then press + all races and sessions will be sat there waiting to be watched.

Its not worse than Sky +, its just different :)

Soldato
Renewed last week with Sky Q, removed F1 and got some discounts but they were not offering any Black Friday deals on Sky Q. Clearly they really want to push their Sky Stream and Sky Glass products and sweep Q under the rug.

I would have gone for Sky Stream if it wasn't for our awful internet connection and the masses of recording we do.

Last edited:
Associate
I cancelled my Sky Stream about 2 weeks ago and have had no offers via text, email or phone to stay. I've been a customer for 18 years but that doesn't matter a jot any more.
I was on a half price for 9 months deal as I'd complained about the slowness of the puck and the frequent lock ups earlier in the year and tried to cancel then. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and took the deal which effectively gave me Entertainment & Netflix Premium for £22.50pm on a 31 day rolling contract. I was able to keep adding ad skipping and UHD/Atmos for free via the MySky app throughout this period. If you pay for them once then cancel you get offered 2 or 3 months free. You then just cancel again in the final free month and get offered another free 2-3 months the day after the previous free period ends.
I'd have been quite happy to carry on paying £22.50pm for all that but when I spoke to them the advisor was just 'computer says no' and that there were no deals were available. They pointlessly put me on hold twice during the call to 'speak to a manager' but both times came back with no offers.
I'm just gonna let it expire and take up the NOW TV 6 months for £2.99 Black Friday offer - that'll tide us over. The Stream puck is just too cheap and nasty to continue with - we've pretty much abandoned it already anyway, it hasn't been turned on in over a week.

Soldato
Anyone received an email from Sky where they’re saying:

We understand that things are tough right now and we've noticed that you have some offers ending soon. But the good news is, we've given you another 12 months of savings and you don't have to do a thing.

So continue to enjoy great service with us while you continue to save. It's our way of saying thank you for being with Sky.

It’s hilarious because it shows a breakdown of what these ‘savings’ are, in terms of HD ‘monthly saving £4’ etc etc but then doesn’t tell you what you’re paying now and then what you will then be paying after these ‘savings’ per month/year. So you can’t even tell what you’re actually ‘saving’.

It tells you to check your bills and future bills instead.

Upon doing that, these fantastic savings equate to £20 EXTRA a month.

Seriously, these guys sometimes… genuinely beyond a joke.

Last edited:
Soldato
I gave notice few weeks ago, service gets switched off next week. Had a text to contact Sky to review my options, might give them a call just to see what deal they offer.

I have Q currently, I'd be tempted to try Stream if it was cheap to save me buying an overpriced Freesat box (we don't have an aerial for Freeview).

Associate
I gave notice few weeks ago, service gets switched off next week. Had a text to contact Sky to review my options, might give them a call just to see what deal they offer.

I have Q currently, I'd be tempted to try Stream if it was cheap to save me buying an overpriced Freesat box (we don't have an aerial for Freeview).

Soldato
When I cancelled sky I went onto sky essentials, which costs me £5 a month to use the sky q box as a freesat player,saved me faffing with a new box.
They did mention that, but it was £10 a month, or £15 if I keep the other box we have. For a fiver I'd probably do it, will.see what they say.

Soldato
Ok negotiation time next month or sack it off - advice please .

Going to bin off sports ( got used to f1 on CH4 ) and I’m going to get rid of the phone line .

Currently £114 a month going up to an eye watering £164.50 in March !

DetailPeriod CoveredAmount
Sky Signature
In-Contract discount
Sky Signature Discounted
1 Jan - 31 Jan£30.50£18.50
-£5.00
-£7.00
Ultimate TV Add on1 Jan - 31 Jan£7.00
Sky Sports - Complete Pack
In-Contract discount
Sky Sports Subscription Discounted
1 Jan - 31 Jan£32.00£20.00
-£7.00
-£5.00
Sky Cinema
Sky Cinema Subscription Discounted
1 Jan - 31 Jan£12.00£9.00
-£3.00
Sky Sports HD
Sky Sports HD Subscription Discounted
1 Jan - 31 Jan£6.00£2.00
-£4.00
Sky HD
Sky HD Subscription Discounted
1 Jan - 31 Jan£9.00£7.00
-£2.00
Multiscreen
Multiscreen Subscription Discounted
1 Jan - 31 Jan£15.00£12.00
-£3.00
Ultra HD1 Jan - 31 Jan£4.00

Broadband​

• Sky WiFi, 1 Jan - 31 Jan, £0.00
  • Sky Broadband Superfast, 1 Jan - 31 Jan, £27.50 (Previous price: 39.5)
Sky WiFi1 Jan - 31 Jan£0.00
Sky Broadband Superfast
In-Contract discount
Broadband Subscription Discounted
1 Jan - 31 Jan£39.50£27.50
-£5.00
-£7.00

Talk​

• Sky Talk Anytime Extra, 1 Jan - 31 Jan, £7.50 (Previous price: 13.5)
  • Sky Talk Line Rental, 1 Jan - 31 Jan, £0.00
  • Call Charges, 1 Jan - 31 Jan, £0.00
Sky Talk Anytime Extra
Sky Talk Call Package Discounted
1 Jan - 31 Jan£13.50£7.50
-£6.00
Sky Talk Line Rental1 Jan - 31 Jan£0.00
Call Charges
Local Calls (3 calls)
National Calls (3 calls)
Calls to NGN numbers (5 calls)
View all itemised calls
1 Jan - 31 Jan£0.00
£0.00
£0.00
£0.00

Soldato
Renewed Sky+

£37/mo for Signature, Sports in HD, Cinema in HD. Family can make use of the 2 free cinema tickets and can multi-room it with the xbox and skygo extra for anything live. £34 was the target but the cinema tickets make up for that. Has Paramount+ which will be interesting to see if there's anything of use on there over Christmas.

Last edited:
Soldato
Renewed Sky+

£37/mo for Signature, Sports in HD, Cinema in HD. Family can make use of the 2 free cinema tickets and can multi-room it with the xbox and skygo extra for anything live. £34 was the target but the cinema tickets make up for that. Has Paramount+ which will be interesting to see if there's anything of use on there over Christmas.
Love to hear it! Sky getting into the festive spirit

Soldato
Renewed Sky+

Does that include Netflix too?

Associate
Ok negotiation time next month or sack it off - advice please .

Going to bin off sports ( got used to f1 on CH4 ) and I’m going to get rid of the phone line .

Currently £114 a month going up to an eye watering £164.50 in March !

Sky Signature
In-Contract discount
Sky Signature Discounted
1 Jan - 31 Jan£30.50£18.50
-£5.00
-£7.00
Ultimate TV Add on1 Jan - 31 Jan£7.00
Sky Sports - Complete Pack
In-Contract discount
Sky Sports Subscription Discounted
1 Jan - 31 Jan£32.00£20.00
-£7.00
-£5.00
Sky Cinema
Sky Cinema Subscription Discounted
1 Jan - 31 Jan£12.00£9.00
-£3.00
Sky Sports HD
Sky Sports HD Subscription Discounted
1 Jan - 31 Jan£6.00£2.00
-£4.00
Sky HD
Sky HD Subscription Discounted
1 Jan - 31 Jan£9.00£7.00
-£2.00
Multiscreen
Multiscreen Subscription Discounted
1 Jan - 31 Jan£15.00£12.00
-£3.00
Ultra HD1 Jan - 31 Jan£4.00

Broadband​

• Sky WiFi, 1 Jan - 31 Jan, £0.00
  • Sky Broadband Superfast, 1 Jan - 31 Jan, £27.50 (Previous price: 39.5)
Sky WiFi1 Jan - 31 Jan£0.00
Sky Broadband Superfast
In-Contract discount
Broadband Subscription Discounted
1 Jan - 31 Jan£39.50£27.50
-£5.00
-£7.00

Talk​

• Sky Talk Anytime Extra, 1 Jan - 31 Jan, £7.50 (Previous price: 13.5)
  • Sky Talk Line Rental, 1 Jan - 31 Jan, £0.00
  • Call Charges, 1 Jan - 31 Jan, £0.00
Sky Talk Anytime Extra
Sky Talk Call Package Discounted
1 Jan - 31 Jan£13.50£7.50
-£6.00
Sky Talk Line Rental1 Jan - 31 Jan£0.00
Call Charges
Local Calls (3 calls)
National Calls (3 calls)
Calls to NGN numbers (5 calls)
View all itemised calls
1 Jan - 31 Jan£0.00
£0.00
£0.00
£0.00
I have the same package and I pay £107 / month i phoned to negoitate, and they told me that was the cheapest. I have started the swap to VM all the same except they are doing TNT (bt) sport included for £97

Associate
We’re moving to a rural property soon, old copper Internet 2mb. The property has a dish, we are out of contract at the moment we‘re only getting offered Sky Stream

Soldato
I moved to a house without a Sky dish, plus I don't particularly want one on the house either. I was in contact until March and they've put me down to the cheapest package and I'm only paying £10 or so for the remaining months. The lady on the phone was actually extremely helpful, she asked me to think hard about my answer to her next question which was "Are you saying you can't have a dish at your new property?". Obviously the answer was no.

I'm not particularly fussed about losing Sky, it's frustrating having to play the game to get a deal when your contract ends and I just can't be bothered anymore.

Back
Top Bottom