Poll: *** The official Apple Vision Pro thread (it has an M2, an R1, loads of cameras, a whopping price tag and everything!) ***

Apple Vision Pro - Are you going to buy one?

• Total voters
Soldato
Not surprising, the number of units they would have had available would have been so low

Estimated to be 80k units, it's very low, but this is just an estimate from industry analysts, Apple won't reveal the number

Last edited:
Soldato
I find it funny that Apple are launching this without native YouTube and Netflix apps

Apparently they said no thanks so Disney is pretty much the only content with a native vision app at launch

But others are coming, ESPN, PGA Tour and NBA League will support Vision, as will Paramount Plus and Peacok, Discovery and Amazon prime

Last edited:
Soldato
Why browser? Existing apps work already, Apple says 1 million apps are working at launch. But they are 2d apps, they don't have 3d, VR or AR content

Last edited:
Soldato
ad blocker isn’t going to work if using the iOS/iPOS apps :p

Browser for the win on the YouTube side of things.

Sure with Netflix you’ll probably want to use the iPOS app as it will be touch optimised.

Soldato
Apparently they said no thanks so Disney is pretty much the only content with a native vision app at launch

Which is the surprising part to me ... I would have thought Apple would have done a deal with Google and Netflix to pay for day 1 native support

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
Although I have no immediate plans to even consider one of these, I thought my eyesight might be an issue. My prescription is -7 in each eye and they both have large astigmatism and I wear varifocals with a 2.0 addition for closeup.

Inserts are available. I was surprised.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Although I have no immediate plans to even consider one of these, I thought my eyesight might be an issue. My prescription is -7 in each eye and they both have large astigmatism and I wear varifocals with a 2.0 addition for closeup.

Inserts are available. I was surprised.

Not to derail this thread, but do glasses help with Astigmatism? I have a bad case of it, and I have never been recommended glasses, do I need to switch out my optometrist?

Commissario
OP
Not to derail this thread, but do glasses help with Astigmatism? I have a bad case of it, and I have never been recommended glasses, do I need to switch out my optometrist?
I think so. If an optician isn’t including your astigmatism as part of the prescription and correcting it via the lenses in your glasses then it sounds like a major failure on their part.

Of course, remember that I’m not an optician and can’t offer medical advice.

Soldato
Right now, I see this as just a very expensive way to not hold an iPad. That said, this wouldn't be the first time Apple have launched a product without a very clear use case or consumer demand.

Soldato
Dunno the movie experience should be incredible?
Personally I don’t see it being a better experience than a decent TV. I’ve tried watching things on the Quest 2, and of course it has far lower quality displays, but my objection was more against the fundamental experience - watching a film with something uncomfortable strapped to my face.

I’m sure some people will absolutely love it but I can’t see it taking off for the mainstream, particularly families. Famous last words I’m sure. Never bet against Apple.

Back
Top Bottom