Your country needs YOU!

Soldato
I reckon some kind of national guard service for a few years wouldn't be the worst idea, war aside.

Not like sending people off to fight, but the training, mindset etc, teach discipline, working ethic, physical training, practical skills etc, I think it would make people better for having done it, might be the right type of release for those that might instead end up in gangs going round stabbing each other.

But the government won't do it because it'll be politically massively unpopular plus the government won't want to pay for it.

Soldato
I reckon some kind of national guard service for a few years wouldn't be the worst idea, war aside.

Not like sending people off to fight, but the training, mindset etc, teach discipline, working ethic, physical training, practical skills etc, I think it would make people better for having done it, might be the right type of release for those that might instead end up in gangs going round stabbing each other.

But the government won't do it because it'll be politically massively unpopular plus the government won't want to pay for it.
As if the younger generations, including myself, need any more reason to hate the government. Would be political suicide.

Soldato
I’m loving this, it shows the hypocrisy in the current generation.

“We want all the rights and privileges of living in a first world country but we don’t want to risk our freedoms or lives defending” they’d much rather someone else do all the work so they can sit on their collective arses.

My favourite take is the “they can’t make me do it” and the “I’ll just go to prison” not realising that dodging a draft during a time of war comes under military law not civil law. You won’t get that nice jail cell or the same rights as civilian prisoners. You should look up the punishments available to the military police for people failing to follow orders.

But I digress, the majority of the British public wouldn’t even be taken on. Ask the average person to run 5k or hump a Bergen over the Brecon Beacons and they’ll have a heart attack.

Caporegime
Tell you what - the day I see the politicians, bureaucrats, billionaires and all the other toffs in this country on the front lines, I'll gladly join them. Until then, I'll emigrate before I head in to battle for them.

Soldato
Tell you what - the day I see the politicians, bureaucrats, billionaires and all the other toffs in this country on the front lines, I'll gladly join them. Until then, I'll emigrate before I head in to battle for them.
Um…

World war 1 and 2, the upper class had a higher mortality rate than any other class in the uk

Associate
I'm Scottish and would never, ever, consider myself British.

Why would any Scot fight for a Westminster Government that openly despises them?

So **** off, there is a reason we want Independence away from these knuckle dragging parcel of rogues.

Soldato
I'm not being an expendable pawn for the rich old paedo elites. You'll have to imprison me.
I love these attitudes

Russia is bombing the country, women and children are dying as collateral damage. Freedoms are stripped from people that can’t defend themselves.

But gman ain’t doing **** because **** the man…

Don’t worry mate, the army wouldn’t want someone of your moral character

Soldato
It’s funny that people think this is even remotely optional if it happened. However I don’t think we would get as far as conscription before we’ve nuked each other. Perhaps there will be some conventional war before that stage and held within non-NATO countries but once it escalates then throwing soldiers at it will go out the window.

Soldato
Nope. They'll have to throw me in jail first. Plus I'm too fat.

You can keep your "fighting for your country" nonsense.

lol.

Imagine being so self absorbed that fighting litteral nazis is too much.

The current enemy is Russia who have broken multiple war crimes slaughtering children

Soldato
Is that true? Sounds like I need to do some reading then, I'd have thought they'd run for the hills.

Officers were more likely to be upper class and more likely to die leading from the front.

Hence the number of country mansions that are owned by the national trust, all the sons died leaving no one to inherit so the parents handed them over in ww2 to be hospitals. Then onto the trusts

The idea that upper classes in the uk wouldn’t fight is a disservice imported from America

Soldato
Men who have a proven history of mental illness (depression) can’t be called up can they?
Yes, along as you haven’t had a relapse in 10 years.

But even then you could get called up and have a non combat role

Everyone is thinking they’ll get called up and thrown at the front. The majority of the armed forces is logistics and support with a very small core of fighting men.

Most likely everyone would be called up to and fill back roles so men with experience of weapons will be able to go to a combat unit.

But the likelihood of that even happening is next to nil.

Russia wouldn’t stand a chance against nato, they’re struggling against Ukraine with natos hand offs

Last edited:
Soldato
Hence the number of country mansions that are owned by the national trust, all the sons died leaving no one to inherit so the parents handed them over in ww2 to be hospitals. Then onto the trusts

Not really, they simply couldn't afford them. They were being demolished in their thousands before the trust helped stop it.

Either way the sense of service and duty from the political elite today doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom