Harry and Meghan to resign

Commissario
Get in there, Son. Keep sticking it to the Haters.

Quoting from that

BBC article
The judge says two executives concealed hacking from Mirror board. We have already reported the judge's ruling that Piers Morgan knew about and was involved in hacking - but what did he say about other top figures at the Mirror Group?

Justice Fancourt said two directors knew before the end of 2011: Paul Vickers, group legal director, and Sly Bailey, the chief executive officer. “The board as a whole was not told about it,” the judge told the court.

“That was because the editors of the three newspapers, the editorial managers of the company and Bailey and Vickers did not report what they knew, or suspected, to the board.

"I have found that Mr Vickers certainly knew about phone hacking from about the end of 2003, but quite possibly before then. "Ms Bailey knew or – what in law amounts to the same thing – turned a blind eye to it from about the end of 2006.

"The likelihood of extensive illegal activity should have been investigated properly.

"Instead, it was concealed from the board, from Parliament in 2007 and 2011, from the Leveson Inquiry, from shareholders, and from the public for years - and the extent of it was concealed from claimants in the Mirror Newspapers hacking litigation and even from the court at and before the trial in 2015."

That to me sounds like certain members of the editorial department and management at the paper lied to the court and withheld what could be considered information that they should have been obliged to give to the shareholders regarding risks to the business and profits.

It's always amazed me that no one from the editorial and management from the papers went to jail for this, as IIRC "phone hacking" falls under unlawful intrusion into a computer system (because at the very least they were accessing passcode protected computer systems to retrieve the voice mails*), let alone the privacy breaches, the organised criminal activity and the instigating of illegal access into things like the police and medical records.

*IIRC the original computer misuse act was a result of someone accessing a passcode protected early email service to see Prince Philip's emails.

Last edited:
Caporegime
GBZeE6hWYAAMgeI

Soldato
Soldato
the ruling had said - just a light hacking despite his lawyers song and dance -
what were the papers profits at the time & did the judge award damages based on those
if there were now a failed criminal prosecution does H he have to hand the money back.
While finding that 15/33 of the articles were a product of hacking his phone or those of his associates, Mr Justice Fancourt said this was to a “modest extent” and “carefully controlled by certain people at each newspaper”.

He awarded damages for the “distress” caused by the articles, and the “particular hurt and sense of outrage” felt by the duke.

Soldato
OP
Harry is an absolute legend for standing by his family and taking these utter rats through the courts.

Harry says his “mission” over how the press operate continues.

“I believe in the positive change it will bring for all of us. It's the very reason why I started this, and why I will continue to see it through to the end."

BBC News - Harry hits out at Piers Morgan as Mirror hacking case settled - BBC News

Caporegime
I could feasibly see a rationale for Harry leaving the family job as the only way he could pursue the rabid degenerates that we call journalists in this country and those very same people are obviously gonna want to talk about anything else to discredit him as they know it's a position the public agrees with.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Harry is an absolute legend for standing by his family and taking these utter rats through the courts.

BBC News - Harry hits out at Piers Morgan as Mirror hacking case settled - BBC News

Nobody would have had a problem with the pair of them if that was what it was all about but when they bought their relatives into it was when the public turned against them.

Reactions: fez
Back
Top Bottom