Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
A certain unnamed 'member' using the mods to do his dirty work again.

If you want 'evidence' he's working to spread disinformation, just read his posts in this thread - including the ones that are so blatant they've been deleted.

Whenever he's called out on it, he then goes crying to the mods that he's being personally attacked.

Last edited:
Soldato
All starting to feel like empty bluster :(

If you wanna know how well sanctions work, North Korea has tons of American sanctions yet just this week we found out that 70% of the components inside North Korean ballistic missiles that were given to Russia are from American companies.

Sanctions impose additional cost but if the person or entity does not care about the cost, then there is always a way to beat the sanctions. No sanctions actually works to block someone from having something l, all they do is make it more expensive and often the targets of sanctions don't care about the cost

Last edited:
Soldato
We aren't here to fact-check or moderate freedom of speech (except where it explicitly goes against our rules). Everyone is entitled to a view regardless of how right or wrong you may feel it is.

By all means reply and debunk anything you feel is mis-information posted by any individuals, but continual "dog-piling" will NOT be tolerated (and could be constituted as Personal attacks / Harassment)

If you have a specific issue then this is the best way to get our attention, and allow discussion with us as to why we can/cannot deal with content, and what options are available.

That's a particularly strong accusation (some would say almost libellous), got any evidence to back that up?

You know that makes no sense right? Please define dog piling.

The problem with sanctions is they cannot control the global economy.
If you really want to stop stuff like chips etc getting to Russia you need export restrictions affecting many countries, not just sanctions.

I not sure how a massive free speech and it doesn't matter if what people post is misinformation pundit would support any restriction on posting and commenting, even if it felt a little like a dog pile. ;)

Soldato
The problem with sanctions is they cannot control the global economy.
If you really want to stop stuff like chips etc getting to Russia you need export restrictions affecting many countries, not just sanctions.

I not sure how a massive free speech and it doesn't matter if what people post is misinformation pundit would support any restriction on posting and commenting, even if it felt a little like a dog pile. ;)

It’s all based on accumulations of effects on individuals, so rather slow by nature.

And well yes, the duality of it.

Commissario
Nobody is "ganging up".

He repeatedly posts and talks utter nonsense and gets called out for it by multiple people, at the same time.

I'm sure people are getting "fed up" of watching him keep posting the same nonsense and lies while you guys look on and claim people are "dog piling" on him to protect him.

You cannot sit there and say on the one hand "ANYONE should call out misinformation" and then accuse people of "dog piling" on him when we do EXACTLY what you said we should do.... call out misinformation.
Calling out is fine.

Resorting to aggression and insults is not.

Let's leave it at that.

Don
A certain unnamed 'member' using the mods to do his dirty work again.

If you want 'evidence' he's working to spread disinformation, just read his posts in this thread - including the ones that are so blatant they've been deleted.

Whenever he's called out on it, he then goes crying to the mods that he's being personally attacked.

You know that makes no sense right? Please define dog piling.

This right here is what you're being warned about. You are attacking the character of the person, not disputing their opinions and posting.

You don't have to agree with someone's opinion. However in this case, because they aren't being censored to your own wishes you claim that that they have the moderators favour. That is bullying, plain and simple.

Stop it.

I haz 4090!
Don
Yes you did. You made a statement and then asked people to tell you that you are wrong. I’d suggest finding proof for your claim as if I were a moderator I’d be pretty miffed at being a called a Russian stooge.
Myself and my comrades deny all involvement with our great and glorious unnamed leader.

Soldato
Waiting on you to backup these claims still.

By all means call him out, but do it tactfully and with respect.

I'm fed up of the same people ganging up and shooting people down on here.

Would it be possible to provide some examples of posts you feel have overstepped the mark?

It’s really not clear to me.

To the best of my knowledge there is no orchestrated effort to gang up on any forums member(s). It’s the accumulated impact of individual sentiment which adds up.

But if you are going to post controversial viewpoints in a public space isn’t some backlash to be expected?

Last edited:
Soldato
Calling out is fine.

Resorting to aggression and insults is not.

Let's leave it at that.

Some might consider the actions of some persistent and intentional, even aggressive trolling and flamebaiting at this point. I’m aware the moderation style has changed and sarcasm can be difficult to distinguish, but some clarification from a senior mod would be appreciated.

I did ask some time ago but never got clarification and it seemed outside of insults attacks these types of behaviours are more acceptable but I’d argue can be equally as detrimental to the forum especially if dogmatic in nature as this intervention shows.

Caporegime
If someone is repeatedly posting misinformation to the point that it is dominating the forum then moderators should do something about said person.
IDK whats been posted, but half the crap about Ukraine in this thread is propaganda from twitter and misinformation anyway.

people take ukraine biased sources on twitter as gospel, even when its basically coming from Ukraines ministry of truth.

It's only when the bad guys do it that it becomes a problem?

You'll find on this forum certain posters will dominate specific political threads and control the narrative, the cynic in me thinks they are basically running PR campaigns for organisations.

It's well known now PR companies manipulate social media comments etc on the behalf of companies./organisations , I don't see why forums would be seen any differently

Last edited:
Soldato
This right here is what you're being warned about. You are attacking the character of the person, not disputing their opinions and posting.

You don't have to agree with someone's opinion. However in this case, because they aren't being censored to your own wishes you claim that that they have the moderators favour. That is bullying, plain and simple.

Stop it.

No I’m not. It’s probably just poorly worded.

What is the consensus of dog piling across the mod team is all I asked. If five users have already disagreed, should further users reframe from disagreement because it’s bullying?

Associate
IDK whats been posted, but half the crap about Ukraine in this thread is propaganda from twitter and misinformation anyway.

people take ukraine biased sources on twitter as gospel, even when its basically coming from Ukraines ministry of truth.

It's only when the bad guys do it that it becomes a problem?

That's not remotely true.

People post information from Twitter yes.

Much of that information is then backed up by further posts / intel / images from Western intelligence services, adding to the weight of evidence supporting it.

The stuff that doesn't have evidence to support it ends up getting called out.

It just so happens that the same people keep being called out and that's apparently "bullying" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Don
No I’m not. It’s probably just poorly worded.

What is the consensus of dog piling across the mod team is all I asked. If five users have already disagreed, should further users reframe from disagreement because it’s bullying?
Sorry, I quoted two posts to give an example - I wasn't implying the post of yours I quoted was a problem.

Caporegime
Much of that information is then backed up by further posts / intel / images from Western intelligence services, adding to the weight of evidence supporting it.
and a lot of it is direct from kiev, not even hidden that they are basically government sources.

their interest is keeping public support for the war and keeping the donations coming, not giving you a running commentary on the reality

Associate
and a lot of it is direct from kiev, not even hidden that they are basically government sources.

And is then often backed up by western intelligence services, as I previously mentioned.

Unless they entire western intelligence community is "in on it" too?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I find it funny in lieu of a real enemy you can vent on you made a roar87 public ocuk enemy number one.

If he left this thread it would be a mostly boring twitter feed with a few knowledgeable people and the rest waving pitchforks and calling for WW3.

Whatever:p it's Friday. My life is currently problem free. Hooray.

Soldato
Let's just relax and listen to some calming music https://youtu.be/ENyxseq59YQ?si=lYkza4nNWCM7ejvS
P2ouBQD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom