Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Soldato
Set these up, got them for £90 from the rainforest. Wow, wasn't expecting much but the speakers are a good size and pack a punch! Anyone wanting to use these they work perfect, got them running Bluetooth to the PC, connected instantly no dropouts that I've noticed. Then running them via the ARC connection to the Dell eARC port. Working perfectly! So anyone wanting to use a PS5 and the AW3225QF I can confirm this works 100% via ARC. Tried USB to USB to PS5 but that didn't work at all. Might help a few people!
Glad it worked out for you :D

Caporegime
IMG-5691.jpg
You seem the type of guy who even has an RGB bog-roll holder!!!!

:p

Soldato
Anyone know how long it takes for Dell to enable discount codes for new products? Have 10% of AW monitors but doesnt work on this at the moment..

Associate
I saw on the Dell community site that someone with an AW3225QF monitor was complaining about VRR flickering with G-SYNC enabled despite the display being certified by NVIDIA as G-SYNC Compatible. See here: https://www.dell.com/community/en/c...ker/65d281515d6a0f67868009b5?keyword=aw3225qf

This is the same issue I am experiencing on my AW2725DF which is NOT certified as G-SYNC Compatible.

Makes me question what this certification actually means if NVIDIA can brand monitors that have VRR flickering as G-SYNC Compatible. It did seem strange to me that the 32" monitor is certified but the 27" isn't, unless it is do with it having AMD Freesync Premium branding?
this is a DSC problem. anything that uses DSC seems to have this issue. believe nvidea have acknowledged it.

Soldato
I know the HDR DV thing is not working correctly at the moment and we a limited to around 500nits in HDR according to the windows HDR tool but it still looks amazingly bonkers good and bright.

My 4090 is loving it.

Man of Honour
I know the HDR DV thing is not working correctly at the moment and we a limited to around 500nits in HDR according to the windows HDR tool but it still looks amazingly bonkers good and bright.

My 4090 is loving it.
I’ve not gotten round to testing it yet but I don’t think I’d trust windows HDR tool as a reliable indication of luminance capability

Associate

My 4090 is loving it.
This is the DV bug. Theres a simple work around until the firmware update. Set HDR1000 in smart HDR setting then turn off monitor and turn on again. Then youll see that the peak is 993 nits in windows.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cant get used to 4k @60hz does my eyes in gone back to dp 240hz
What I'm on about is in the nvida control panel I set the rest to native 4k and I only get 60hz,but in the other part I can run 240hz is this still 4k,sorry for the dumb question but this is my first 4k monitor.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cant get used to 4k @60hz does my eyes in gone back to dp 240hz
What I'm on about is in the nvida control panel I set the rest to native 4k and I only get 60hz,but in the other part I can run 240hz is this still 4k,sorry for the dumb question but this is my first 4k monitor.
Yes native is 4k under the PC resolutions list and goes up to 240hz the other resolutions list is for TV timings mainly.

Back
Top Bottom