Dune: Part 2 (2024)

Caporegime
I wasn’t a huge fan of the first part and haven’t seen (nor will I) the original. Having said that, I have booked my ticket for Friday!
You're not alone!

Never seen the 1984 one. Watched Part one at the cinema with a friend who loves Dune and I just didn't get it. Don't even remember what happened to be honest. Something something "Spice". Like a gluten for punishment I am going with him and another big fan for the sequel this Friday. I've got 3 more night to try to watch part 1 again and try to at least understand it before watching the sequel!

rp2000

Caporegime
I watched part 1 again for the first time since the cinema, this time with my wife.

She enjoyed it but said she will wait for it to come out for home release so it looks like I need another trip to the cinema with my sci-fi loving friends for part 2

Associate
Presumably there's more after this one though?

This new one isn't 'the end'?
Denis ( the director) has stated that he willing do one more movie in the series title "Dune: Messiah" and that he being a fan of the book series doesn't want to do any of the other book just the three that covers part 1, part 2 and Messiah. he also stated before Christmas in an interview that the script for the proposed third film "dune: messiah" was virtually complete, but please keep in mind that at this stage no third movie hasn't been greenlight for production, at best only entry level discussion have been done and script was being done incase they say we want a third film.

Soldato
Presumably there's more after this one though?

This new one isn't 'the end'?
Dune never really end, it just descends into increasingly awful and forgettable novels. I don't even remember most of them and I've re-read them in the last few years. None of them end up in any kind of conclusion, so you'll be disappointed if that's what you're looking for.

The first book, maybe second are cool bits of scifi space opera but Herbert is not a good writer. There are loads of scifi novel series out there that are better.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dune never really end, it just descends into increasingly awful and forgettable novels. I don't even remember most of them and I've re-read them in the last few years. None of them end up in any kind of conclusion, so you'll be disappointed if that's what you're looking for.

The first book, maybe second are cool bits of scifi space opera but Herbert is not a good writer. There are loads of scifi novel series out there that are better.
Didn't he write 6 books? It's only when his son carried on it wasn't as good. After listening to the audio book upto messia, I can see star wars copied quite a bit from dune. Messia - the one. Twins, evil emperor, space travel, and who knows that else.

Soldato
Didn't he write 6 books? It's only when his son carried on it wasn't as good. After listening to the audio book upto messia, I can see star wars copied quite a bit from dune. Messia - the one. Twins, evil emperor, space travel, and who knows that else.
None of the books are good reading, the first sets up some wonderful world building but the writing is pretty awful and gets worse, by God Emperor it's just the ranting waffle of a boring old man mostly.

Lynch's Dune is good, always had a soft spot for it.

Villeneuve's first part left me a bit cold but I'm hopeful the second part will get into the meat of the books more.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Really liked the first one, a proper cinema experience with big open spaces. Re-watched the first one again ready for when the cinema`s go a bit quiet for it.

Back
Top Bottom