Dune: Part 2 (2024)

Caporegime
Loved the visuals but it didn’t sound like Dune. I hope the visuals are a truer representation of the plot and the trailer has been dumbed down. Cos otherwise I’d be worried.
Yeah it does come across a bit telling the audience what they need to know. Chani seems to get all these lines too... its a bit weird/preachy but i guess you have to direct the audience on some themes/messages or they might get lost in a war film... :p

Soldato
The popcorn bucket design is interesting...

NqnqCRf.jpg

AcphDCG.jpg

Caporegime
Oh hmmm
Apparently Alia has been completely re conceptualised and isn't even born in part 2, but "advises" Jessica from the womb..... Lol?
So who's going to pickup the "end" for a no spoiler question?
Strong confident woman 1 or 2...
1 is extremely problematic, daddy issues and 2 doesn't make sense....

Associate
I just hope they give us an extended series of movies - that doesn't stop with the death of the Baron.
unfortunately the director has stated that he is big fan of the whole book series, but as a fan he is only willing to make three movies covering 2 - 3 books total and that is if he get the greenlight to do a third and final movie. he also stated that the title of suppose third movie is "Dune Messiah" and that the script for it is almost complete, but again no greenlight for third film has been granted.

Last edited:
Soldato
I rewatched Dune (2021) with the wife at the weekend. She has watched plenty of sci-fi movies with me over the years but doesn't read sci-fi and she was lost. Too much is unsaid, having read the book and watched the David Lynch film many times each I knew the plot and details. I'm fairly sure I enjoyed it so much more because I was filling in detail in my head that Villeneuve left unsaid or shown. Whereas my wife had to ask me to explain details several times.

I think Dune Messiah would really struggle in the same style as Dune (2021). Alia's story in particular is so internal that it becomes meaningless without internal monolgue. Dune (2021) was completely devoid of the internal monologue of the books which essentially cut out large parts of Paul's journey. I like Dune it is a visually stunning and well acted depiction of the books but it leaves so much of the World unshown or explained, Doctor Yueh, Hawat and Piter are shadows of their characters in the book.

Caporegime
Oh hmmm
Apparently Alia has been completely re conceptualised and isn't even born in part 2, but "advises" Jessica from the womb..... Lol?
So who's going to pickup the "end" for a no spoiler question?
Strong confident woman 1 or 2...
1 is extremely problematic, daddy issues and 2 doesn't make sense....
Anna Taylor Joy is now on the cast for this lol....

If she isn't Alia... I'll be amazed.
She's weird enough looking to play a child :p

Back
Top Bottom