Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Caporegime
I've no kids so frankly for me my job is probably more important as it pay's for the lifestyle that my wife and I have.

I'm interested though in why your singling out Horner? What about Toto Wolff at 52 with 3x kids? Should he quit and stay at home?

He doesn't have a history of cheating though so there is really little reason to judge? Maybe he is just better at balancing his work/life and the family unit is a lot closer.

Caporegime
You seem really bent out of shape about this but Greenwood didn't ring your morality meter at all. We have no idea what any of them do in their private lives or even if they have a partner that lets it happen in private. No idea why people pretend they know these people. I imagine most of them are narcissist's to get where they have got in that sport.

Something like 70% of relationships start these days in the workplace. I doubt this is rare. I know it isn't in my workplace.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Something like 70% of relationships start these days in the workplace. I doubt this is rare. I know it isn't in my workplace.

Yeah, that's not true, workplaces account for around 1 in 9 these days:

ctmacP6.jpg

That's US data - I couldn't find the figures for the UK in the time I was willing to spend on it, but it's not likely to be hugely different.

Last edited:
Soldato

ctmacP6.jpg

That's US data - I couldn't find the figures for the UK in the time I was willing to spend on it, but it's not likely to be hugely different.
I'll do it for you:
Opps, just realise that was 2020..

Last edited:
Soldato
Different strokes for different folks I guess though isn't it!
Of course. He’s in the position of becoming one of the most successful TP’s ever. (So I can see why he’d want to keep going.) However I’d be happy having a nice sit down and indulging in a hobby or two. lol! Plus I’d be able to spend more time with my boy while I’m still younger.

Soldato

Certainly true for me and my partner. :)

We've been working for different companies for about 7-8 years now, though funnily enough when I joined my current company I was put on a project she's also working on at her employer and we've been working on a same project ever since, It probably made lockdown a lot easier as when we work from home it feels like we're in the project office.

I wonder what % of those relationships are (married) Top Level Execs with junior staff....

When we got together I was a bit more senior. Now she's a bit higher in the corporate world. While we run our own teams we're nowhere near being Top Level Execs :D

Caporegime
This Red Bull stuff is getting pretty crazy.

Imagine how sick Lewis would feel if Max moved to Merc and they nail the 26 regs and Max goes on to win constantly at Merc whilst he struggles in the Ferrari :p

If this happens, can you imagine how sick Russell would feel too. Finally got rid of Lewis so he stands a good chance winning a championship if the car comes good, and then Max shows up and beats him :p

Man of Honour
The Max to Merc stuff (if there's anything to it) doesn't bode well for Russell's long-term future. If they were that keen on Antonelli that they seem to have lost Hamilton, they're hardly going to keep Russell over Max to promote Kimi

Soldato
The Max to Merc stuff (if there's anything to it) doesn't bode well for Russell's long-term future. If they were that keen on Antonelli that they seem to have lost Hamilton, they're hardly going to keep Russell over Max to promote Kimi
I only see it as some sort of stick to beat Horner with. (If the whole Jos complaining about him is true.) He'd be mental to go to Mercedes when Red Bull are where they are currently. I guess Red Bull could call his bluff and get rid of him?! :eek: :D That would be a twist in this already wild story. :D

Associate
I don’t know why Max would move to Merc anyway. They’re clearly struggling to put a car together.

Also can’t see how Ferrari will ever be competent enough to win a championship again, even with a good car.

RBR have been the most consistent team so I can’t see why any driver would want to leave.

Man of Honour
I actually wonder if someone in a boardroom in Ingolstat might be looking at all this with a huge cheque book thinking.... how better to enter F1 than with the best designer there's ever been and the best driver on the grid....

Back
Top Bottom