Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Associate
Certainly F1 has become yet another victim of trial by social media...
Is that surprising? Everything follows the same these days and the more viewers you have the more you are exposed to scrutiny. In previous decades people had no way to voice their sentiments after reading or listening to the news, now they do.

Soldato
Max leaving RB is nonsense - he would be mad to do that. Adrian Newey is a proven winner - his cars are rockets that just win, proving the adage that F1 is 80% about the car and 20% about the driver. Put Lando in an RB and Max in a Mercedes and Max ain't winning races anymore.
Yes but you will probably find this will be more about josling for seats in 2026 when the new regs come in . Remember there are 13 drivers out of contract at the end of this season.

Max is almost certainly to win this season with Red Bull but a major seat has just come available forMercedes , even Max would have to consider it to get the best drive before the new engines arrive , one I would haSten to bet Mercedes will be top of the tree. RB agreement with Ford is a totally unknown quantity so I know what I would do if I was Max .

Soldato
FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem is reportedly under investigation by the ruling body for allegedly attempting to interfere with the result of a Formula 1 race.
Is the off-track action this year better than on? It doesn't look good for Formula One at the moment when your President is being investigated, and one of the CEOs of your most successful team is under the media spotlight.

Scandal of the week, baby.

Will Toto kick Roscoe when Lewis isn't looking? Will Jos have a throw down with Christian? Will Mika return from his sabbatical? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z in F1.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah I just found the Diary Of a Ceo podcast that had the stats and I was wrong. They state 1 in 3 now start in the workplace. The 70% was how many have had a relationship with someone at work at some point, rather than the current one.

The stats around cheating in the workplace are high though from everything I've seen. Tbh when I went from an all male dominated environment to an office environment I've been staggered by the amount of extra curricular activity that goes on.

This is more what I expected rather than the 1 in 9 stuff.
1 in 9 might be ending up in a proper relationship, but there is so much more that goes on in the backrooms.

Two key items in there;
  • 35% don’t report their relationship to their employer
  • 40% have cheated on their current partner with a coworker

Soldato
Is that surprising? Everything follows the same these days and the more viewers you have the more you are exposed to scrutiny. In previous decades people had no way to voice their sentiments after reading or listening to the news, now they do.
Not really, but personally I'd be quite happy with the previous decades, but then I don't do social, gossiping, media. All is fair and good to be sharing factual stuff but the kangaroo courts we have, both here, in the actual media and in social media is just negativity. The lies that some sad individuals post helps no-one and can be life changing.
Social media needs to balance out what is the right to free speech and to prevent myths, lies and merely conjecture from having such an influence.
There are some pretty strong examples of where people post up what is complete fabrication and some blindly follow it, like lambs.

Either we have this or people need to grow some more brain cells...

Last edited:
Soldato
I saw something earlier regarding Horner approaching the Thai side of things with a view to buy the F1 team. (Along with other financiers.) if true it would make sense that it would irk the Austrian side of things into getting upset with Horner.

Of course it could be another load of ******** in this whole mess..

Caporegime
I saw something earlier regarding Horner approaching the Thai side of things with a view to buy the F1 team. (Along with other financiers.)

Horner's net worth is reportedly about $50m - nothing like F1 team buying money, yet alone a top of the pyramid team like Red Bull. Which means he'd be almost entirely dependent on money from other people to pull it off - I can't see that being particularly likely under current circumstances. Anyone backing his bid would be backing him personally, and surely his current position isn't secure enough to risk billions on?

Man of Honour
Horner's net worth is reportedly about $50m - nothing like F1 team buying money, yet alone a top of the pyramid team like Red Bull. Which means he'd be almost entirely dependent on money from other people to pull it off - I can't see that being particularly likely under current circumstances. Anyone backing his bid would be backing him personally, and surely his current position isn't secure enough to risk billions on?

I think the suggestion is that this happened last year and its one of the reasons the Austrians want him out rather than it being a live/current option

Soldato
Is F1 a soap opera with occasional sport attached now?!
Depends how much credence you place in people that, obviously, have scores to settle, or just ignore all the tittle tattle fluff and watch what is still a interesting and exciting sport as a f1 fan.
In the past Bernie would have just settled anything like this with a wad a cash in a paper bag. :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Adrian Newey is at the tail end of his career, he's 65 years old and came out of retirement not long ago. Based on what Newey has said over the past few years id be surprised if he is still in F1 in 2026. What else is there left for him to achieve? The only box that won't have been ticked is working for Ferrari.

He's also building his own Yacht (or having it it built as it were), and is planning to sail around Italy to Croatia and Greece in the next year or so, so his head is turned to a degree. I imagine he'll want to be doing a good bit of sailing whilst he can and is physically able - he's not getting any younger after all.

Soldato
I’m not sure what you’re suggesting here? That the president of the governing body shouldn’t be investigated if they’re suspected of wrong doing? or just that the media shouldn’t report on the investigation?
I think I clearly wrote f1 and trial by social media, not Mohammed Ben Sulayen in person or newspapers reporting on the 'allegations'.

Soldato
I think I clearly wrote f1 and trial by social media, not Mohammed Ben Sulayen in person or newspapers reporting on the 'allegations'

:confused:

You did. You also quoted a post on an internet forum referencing and talking about an online article about F1 and Mohammed Ben Sulayen’s alleged interference in F1. So F1? check. Social media? check. But your post shouldn’t be taken in the context of the post you quoted as it is no way related?

Reactions: JRS
Soldato

[tinfoil hat]

Particularly if CH is subject to a precision strike smear campaign to discredit him and reduce his stock value to investors.

[/tinfoil hat]

Back
Top Bottom