Harry and Meghan to resign

Soldato
OP
Nobody would have had a problem with the pair of them if that was what it was all about but when they bought their relatives into it was when the public turned against them.
I couldn't give a toss about any of that, or any of the royals for that matter. There's no way I'd be crying on demand for the Queen like some North Korean leader lover.

I think it's a bit of an irony that the one royal that gets all the hate is the guy that most resembles what a normal bloke would do to protect his family, taking on an absolute **** like Piers Morgan and the whole rotten tabloid establishment. Meanwhile Uncle Nonce floats gleefully under the radar... This island is not normal.

Man of Honour
Kind of funny that he has essentially intruded into the private lives of his family for monetary gain.

He wins all ways - he gets paid for doing what the journalists did to him and he gets paid for the journalists doing what he did. And he gets to portray himself as a good guy for standing up to the slime of the gutter press. Although it was for something they stopped being able to do at least 10 years ago.

Soldato
"I'm going to appeal" I hope he gets costs awarded against him so he has to pay that too. Want to be private citizen? Fine, but you get to pay your bills like any other private citizen. "Working royals" get publically funded protection you are not and you do not.

Last edited:
Soldato
seemed rather ironic that govt said they are putting ~30M into armed protection for mp's today , and 3 un-named women mp's announced as already have some kind of exceptional protection
probably because of their polarizing media behaviour (too)

(e: some swearing in clip.)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think it's a bit of an irony that the one royal that gets all the hate is the guy that most resembles what a normal bloke would do to protect his family, taking on an absolute **** like Piers Morgan and the whole rotten tabloid establishment. Meanwhile Uncle Nonce floats gleefully under the radar... This island is not normal.

In reality it doesn't seem like Andrew is not popular at all - out of 14 Royals he comes last in terms of popularity and there is a clear drop-off within the last 5 whereby the others are between 26-32% and Andrew is down at 8% (presumably people who believe he's innocent).

PoVxcM7.png

Andrew is being kept away from doing official engagements and there isn't necessarily a reason to have coverage of him as frequently, Harry and Meghan on the other hand are in the public eye with both their court cases and their commercial endeavours the latter of which caused plenty of controversy. Harry and Megan aren't unpopular for protecting their family or for taking on Piers Morgan, the hacking scandal was quite rightly condemned and Piers does not look good as a result. They're unpopular for the other stuff - the cake-and-eat-it approach to being Royals and all the drama and chaos they seem to have caused including things like the Oprah interview, the book etc.

That those things aren't as bad as what Andrew is alleged to have done are is rather moot, they're still going to generate headlines just as a politician saying something racist or a premier league footballer having an affair is going to generate as many or more headlines than say a footballer accuser of rape or someone accused of a murder. It's not that anyone thinks a politician saying a racist thing is worse than a murderer but rather you can be critical of more than one thing at once and some things will generate more coverage.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Half sister was just another grifter.

Samantha had taken issue with Meghan's comment, made in her interview with Winfrey, that Samantha had changed her surname back to Markle when her half-sister had started dating the Duke of Sussex.
But in her ruling Judge Honeywell said: "The court has taken notice of the fact that [Samantha] used the surname Rasmussen in September 2016 and Markle two months later, soon after [Meghan's] royal relationship was first reported.
"Therefore, the gist of the statement - that [Samantha] switched to her family name a short time after it was reported [Meghan] was involved with Prince Harry - is true."

Last edited:
Soldato
seemed rather ironic that govt said they are putting ~30M into armed protection for mp's today , and 3 un-named women mp's announced as already have some kind of exceptional protection
probably because of their polarizing media behaviour (too)

(e: some swearing in clip.)
In a country where two MPs have been murdered in recent years, some chumps are here blaming women for getting uppity an bringing it on themselves..... :rolleyes: Tit.

Soldato
With respect to Prince William's think list of engagements, it might be that being a father, having your wife incapacitated and acting as Counsellor of State for the Monarch whilst they are having cancer treatment fills the diary. I don't remember any criticism of William's workload prior to those events?

Caporegime
With respect to Prince William's think list of engagements, it might be that being a father, having your wife incapacitated and acting as Counsellor of State for the Monarch whilst they are having cancer treatment fills the diary.

No, I don't think it does.

Regular fathers have to balance being a father with a full time 40+ hour per week workload; William doesn't even have an employer, and doesn't do any real work.

Having your wife incapacitated is something regular spouses have to deal with, but unlike William they're expected to juggle life, work, and everything else without an entire palace of staff catering to their every need and whim.

Acting as Counsellor of State for the Monarch means sitting on your arse, signing things, and attending a meeting or ceremonial event occasionally; it sure as hell doesn't fill your the diary.

I don't remember any criticism of William's workload prior to those events?

I'll gladly criticise his 'workload' any time you like.

Soldato
With respect to Prince William's think list of engagements, it might be that being a father, having your wife incapacitated and acting as Counsellor of State for the Monarch whilst they are having cancer treatment fills the diary. I don't remember any criticism of William's workload prior to those events?

Because I'm certain he is doing that without any help whatsoever :rolleyes: He has probably worked an entire week of hours this year. Maybe 2 if you want to be generous and chuck in travel time, where he is no doubt chauffeured around.

Stealing a living. I'm not mad, I'm just envious.

Soldato
OP

Don't panic it's just a slow news week. If William so much as breaks a fingernail, then they'll all be bubbling and sending their thoughts and prayers; North Korea mode engaged.

Back
Top Bottom