What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
A productive day. Put the engine covers back on, and the exhaust. Changed then oil filter, filled her with oil then started her up to check all good. So far so good. Clutch fine, runs fine etc. Swapped the levers over, also all good.

Then started the process of putting her clothes back on. Mudguard wasn't too bad but building the nose up was an utter, utter ballache, but it's all done now and on and looking ace. (Getting the air ducting and lights etc in place was horrid lol!) Just got the head matting to install on the side fairings and belly pan, and install those, along with the rear. So close, but we ran out of time, and weather. Soon though!!! Soon!!

gWaRtHC.jpeg

t

Last edited:
Soldato
Last push. She's all back together again! Shakedown ride went fine, apart from the front wheel went flat?!!? Re-inflated, and all fine. Most odd. Maybe some deer flesh was caught in the bead, and with the wheel going faster, it spat it out, along with some air? Has held air fine this last month. Who knows!! Anyhoozle - she's back in the fold!!

LEtpRdB.jpeg

I9q9fF4.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Got out on mine for the first time, since moving to Dorset woop woop!

Felt like my mind had a valet by the time I got home, mind you, the plums were like ice cubes when I stopped in Weymouth!

Bunged some 'premium' Tesco fuel in with the winter stuff, and took things nice and steady for a few miles, then opened her up a bit - even lofted the wheel a few times, which made me do an Al Fagan "woooo" in my lid.

All felt good, but the fuel cap wouldn't open initially, a bit of water/moisture must have go at the catch, so I had to try a few times to turn the key, whilst pressing the cap down. It was fine by the end of the ride - might still clean and lube it mind, as I don't fancy snapping the key trying to open it.

Gears felt a little harder to get into, so I might do an oil change - bit of a pain as the stuff only went in, in October - but I did do more winter riding before we moved, so maybe that had an impact for whatever reasons (gremlins probably). They have certainly felt slicker, deffo after Motul, so I'll do a flush and filter change in the coming weeks or so - annoyingly the MOT is up next week, so I may SORN it for a bit....

Soldato
Forgot I had a close call yesterday - 2 minutes from home, some knobber two up on some yellow thing, decided to overtake everyone in his lane, without checking the road ahead (opposite lane) was clear; que me having to avoid a head on as I now have some tit flying towards me

Associate
Been the last couple of weeks all in all but sourced a lovely clean swing arm and replaced my now aged (and somewhat corroded) item, along with new bearings, bushes and linkage. Can't quite stretch to a Nitron yet so a good oem Showa replaced the old unit.

Posh new set of titanium front spindle pinch bolts which are way too shiny.

Also fitted AS3 silicone hoses with fresh clamps. Remembering to rough around the inside face of the ends with wet and dry to discourage slip (an old race car prep habit).

Replaced aged front disc bolts. Again, shiny.

Replaced front spindle with much newer cleaner item.

I have devised a cunning plan to aid centralizing rear suspension linkage using thin but hardy fiber washers, they aren't on yet.

IMG-1925.jpg

IMG-1926.jpg

83-AD62-EC-C2-A6-49-E1-B702-3-CD86-DD63-E0-B.jpg
:eek:

IMG-1929.jpg

IMG-1960.jpg

IMG-1966.jpg

IMG-1965.jpg

IMG-1969.jpg

IMG-1975.jpg

IMG-1988.jpg

IMG-1990.jpg

IMG-2025.jpg

IMG-1991.jpg

Associate
Took my R1200GS adv for MOT, passed with usual advisory 'exhaust noisy'. I'll take that, it's got a full Akrapovic system installed, yep I know, waste of time/money, but it was on there when I bought it :D

Associate
I swapped out the GPR for the stock can on the CRF today. The GPR weighs 2.5kg and the oem is 4.8kg. The real benefit though is it's now very quiet!

I also took off a luggage plate which saved me over a kg!

Finally job was torquing the wheel spokes. Quite satisfying and they all sound nearly the same now. I did use a torque wrench though, to be sure. Oh, and adding a bigger wrench to my toolkit so I can actually undo 69Nm on the front wheel if required.

Soldato
Paid for the insurance renewal on the blade, £770...
It is the first time that the renewal quote from my current insurer is cheaper than anywhere else... and that is £200 cheaper than the 2nd cheapest.

Still expensive considering I have 9+ NCB and the bike is garaged.

Last edited:
Associate
Gotta get mine done, not sure whether to take the Mivv off and chuck the OEM Akra on.... Hopefully the tester is deaf lol
I have taken liberties with mine, no flapper valve, no baffles, 3rd year of advisory for exhaust. It's not offensively loud, but it does draw attention. Thankfully the right kind!

Keep meaning to pick up a stock end can off ebay but always end up buying something else.

Back
Top Bottom