What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
Technically not the bike but added this to my helmet. Game changer having some music and being able to answer calls

L9ESQep.jpeg

0UGq35n.jpeg

Associate
Paid for the insurance renewal on the blade, £770...
It is the first time that the renewal quote from my current insurer is cheaper than anywhere else... and that is £200 cheaper than the 2nd cheapest.

Still expensive considering I have 9+ NCB and the bike is garaged.
Had the email from Bennets saying mine is due in a couple of weeks, be interesting to see what they come up with.

Associate
Thats a nice looking 400!
Did you restore it yourself?
No, not entirely sure whats been done to it. Its relatively low mileage at just under 10k, it was owned by a collector who may have done some stuff but sold it back to the importer without doing much to it as was thinning out collection.

Think its mostly original and probably had a minor ding snd upper fairing replaced. The fairings are the proper ones with a few scratches and marks etc.

I did make some of the decals myself with a vinyl plotter thingy but they only need to last the summer as will have it properly sprayed next year.

Associate
Hehe thats exactly why i'm here currently bemoaning my aching joints after trying to relive my early 20s. Really fancied a RGV or NSR but had to draw the limit somewhere, just a bit too much.

Associate
How do you find the mic on it?

I have the same one and a mic is unusable, its far too quiet.
Mic seems fine
Went for a quick ride out to test it. Rang the wife at about 60mph and she said it was nice and clear, no wind noise, could hear the bike as I accelerated but didn't effect the call, before she heard the bike so was surprised that I was actually riding as would have never guessed. That was at the standard setting to so I could increase the mic volume if required, don't think it would be required though

Soldato
Finally gave her a wash to get the winter **** off

Did the tyre pressures and chain slack too, so all I need now is an MOT! Toyed with putting the OEM Akra on, but will take my chances with the Mivv, I also ordered a set of bar end mirrors - Oxford Horizons

Today was torture, great weather, and all around here I could hear i4s and twins being ragged:(

Last edited:
Associate
You have to either have an obscene exhaust or a tester having a bad day to fail an MOT. From the MOT manual the guidance is "not clearly unreasonably above the level expected from a similar motorcycle with a standard silencer in average condition". That's it. No dB limits or anything measurable.

I've had some stupid exhausts, like straight-through Quill cans on a TL1000S which made sound pulses so strong to be physically uncomfortable. They got a "Noisy exhaust" advisory before I sold them (they were silly and I'm not that antisocial!)

Last edited:

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Replaced the brakes pads all round front & back, and whilst doing so i spotted some thing that has well & truly wrecked my month. looks like a gasket or seal has gone & the coolants gotten into the engine oil, i suspect it aint gonna be a cheap fix, if any one in Nottingham can recommend a shop to sort it ide greatly appreciate it.
7K578of.jpeg

Soldato
You have to either have an obscene exhaust or a tester having a bad day to fail an MOT. From the MOT manual the guidance is "not clearly unreasonably above the level expected from a similar motorcycle with a standard silencer in average condition". That's it. No dB limits or anything measurable.

I've had some stupid exhausts, like straight-through Quill cans on a TL1000S which made sound pulses so strong to be physically uncomfortable. They got a "Noisy exhaust" advisory before I sold them (they were silly and I'm not that antisocial!)
When I owned a tl1000s had a set of viper cans would set car alarms off.

Associate
To add to the above, I went for first ride with the freecom x2 today. Maybe at 25% volume which was good till 50ish then wind noise was almost covering over the music.

Now have some ear plugs to deal with some of the wind noise I’d say it was plenty. Maybe would need to turn it up if on coms though.

Good news though, found voice assistant was working fine when idling but forgot to test at speed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom