Fallout TV series being developed by Amazon

Soldato
I watched the 1st episode and think they nailed it. Some of the VAULT Tec sets looked a little to colorful / surreal. Although no different than some scrub from this forum maxing digital vibrance and stating "look how good my game looks" :D I'll probably avoid the forum until I finish the series but one of the better game adapations I've seen so far.

Soldato
The other half didn't like it, got about 15 mins in and turned it off, something for me to watch solo :cry:

My other half (never played or knows anything about the game world) was intrigued at first, and then she start to lose interest when the BoS were introduced and after 20 mins of that the phne came out, scrolling, looked up about 3 times towards the end and was like "it was boring".

Me? I found it alright. I'm not a massive fan of the games (played Fallout 3 for hundreds of hours on Xbox and PC, but nothing before or after) and feel they have got something good going, with a lot of nods and it "feels" like the world the game is set in. I'll probably cram it in before my Prime sub expires in May.

On a side note, my wife was getting agitated by Lucy's father. She was like, "who is he? I know him, what's he from?! Stop it until I figure it out!", I lolled, we've only just started to watch Twin Peaks recently so knew straight away but she still couldn't figure it out.

Caporegime
I watched the 1st episode and think they nailed it. Some of the VAULT Tec sets looked a little to colorful / surreal. Although no different than some scrub from this forum maxing digital vibrance and stating "look how good my game looks" :D I'll probably avoid the forum until I finish the series but one of the better game adapations I've seen so far.
serious? everyone in the show is as dumb as the people in ideocracy and they all behave really infantile.
Literal NPCs with a slight goofy tweak
It's just cashing in on peoples nostalgia for the fallout series, sure the sets are pretty good, the colours a bit bright but passable.

the writing and characters are just generic, if bethseda got hit by an asteroid then it would be a good hat tip towards them.

but as a series it doesn't stand on its own feet and I can't see anyone who doesn't already know the fallout series watching it.

6.5/10

Last edited:
Associate
Well they have already given the green light for Season Two even before this Season was released so Warner/Amazon studios must be pretty confident it will be very popular.

Cheers All

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Half way through ep1 and it's really good with great script. No filter discussions are neat. Never played the games so this is all new. Nice pacing and action too with brutal violence.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Half way through ep1 and it's really good with great script. No filter discussions are neat. Never played the games so this is all new. Nice pacing and action too with brutal violence.

You have never played Fallout game?!??

The show will be eating into my HFW time over the weekend :(:D

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No z looked basic at the time lol

And the new update looks basic too with nothing of any value added for PC.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
No z looked basic at the time lol

And the new update looks basic too with nothing of any value added for PC.

Nothing of value added sure. But I will be playing it again for a second time later this year. And Fallout 3 was excellent back in the day. What excuse do you have for not playing that? It certainly is much better than any uncharted game even today!

Soldato
Watched the first two episodes, it’s pretty decent so far. Although I can imagine those who haven’t played any of the games might not feel the same as it is a little bit wacky.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Nothing of value added sure. But I will be playing it again for a second time later this year. And Fallout 3 was excellent back in the day. What excuse do you have for not playing that? It certainly is much better than any uncharted game even today!
I don't find the games appealing. I once installed FO3, uninstalled about 30 mins later.

• Wow
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Watched the first episode yesterday evening and it was quite good once the action started. The first twenty minutes or so in the Vault were a bit icky, not sure what version of the game that was inspired by.

Like the Brotherhood Of Steel though the Knights in the game don't speak like that in their power armour and the branding of squires at initiation is not something I've encountered.

But lots of little in references to the games and hoping we will get more from surviving Fallout 4 protaganists (maybe not Presto Garvey) and yes it seems doing that Boy In The Fridge side mission is part of the story canon!

Soldato
As someone who never got the Fallout thing (played the one with the bomb decision and thought yup, and nuked the game altogether) the nostalgia is lost on me.

The first episode is so so, probably enough for me to watch another but hell, those unannounced adverts in the middle really kill it. What tf was Amazon thinking?

Soldato
As someone who never got the Fallout thing (played the one with the bomb decision and thought yup, and nuked the game altogether) the nostalgia is lost on me.

The first episode is so so, probably enough for me to watch another but hell, those unannounced adverts in the middle really kill it. What tf was Amazon thinking?
I had no adverts while watching the 8 episodes

Back
Top Bottom