Poll: AirPods Max

Will you buy/have you bought AirPods Max?

• Yes

Votes: 26 11.7%
  • No

Votes: 197 88.3%

• Total voters
Associate
What’s wrong with the sound quality? I think they sound utterly amazing.
Nothing? The sound quality is great, but why would you want the updated model to sound the exact same? Surely you'd want the new model to sound better....

Just for example, other headphone companies such as Sony and Bose - each updated version of their headphones sounds a bit better than it did previously and the ANC has also improved.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Of course, Im not expecting a lot but I want to see an improvement in Sound quality and ANC.. But the rumours suggest that thats not going to happen despite it being 4/5 years old at this point

aren’t they already class leading in ANC and sound quality? Pretty sure the HomePods were updated after 5 years and all they did was remove a tweeter and add a humidistat.

Associate
aren’t they already class leading in ANC and sound quality? Pretty sure the HomePods were updated after 5 years and all they did was remove a tweeter and add a humidistat.

They're very good yes - but it just seems baffling why a 4/5 year old product gets updated but almost nothing has changed? Especially when you compare it to the normal airpod pro's which got a reasonable jump from 1 to 2, when it was over a small time frame.

Just disappointing when you know audio and ANC technology has probably advanced a somewhat reasonable amount and Apple could very easily upgrade this in the max's

Soldato
I mean better ANC and sound quality would be good but I have no problems with the AirPods Max at the moment and it would have to be a significant upgrade for me to drop another £500 to upgrade.

Associate
It's Apple, it's how they do things. They will upgrade it, but it will be incremental. It's the same as most technology now, we are at the peak of the curve.
You see these other headphone companies each making small updates with each pair each year, but no matter how small its still an update and improvement in some way... Apple has had 4 years and to do nothing at all except change to USB-C is a wasted opportunity

Commissario
Are they? Source? I use mine and have the mini in different rooms. Siri is absolutely rubbish but the speakers themselves are great.
We have HomePods in every room. Most of them are minis but there’s an original pair in the front room.

Every single one of them is used daily and almost completely controlled by Siri or automations.

We’d struggle without them.

Associate
We have HomePods in every room. Most of them are minis but there’s an original pair in the front room.

Every single one of them is used daily and almost completely controlled by Siri or automations.

We’d struggle without them.
Are they? Source? I use mine and have the mini in different rooms. Siri is absolutely rubbish but the speakers themselves are great.

Just because a couple of major apple fanboys buy them doesnt make them a popular product. Siri is lightyears behind other assistant's and its simply a product that sells miniscule numbers compared to other apple products. The airpods are a FAR more popular and better product within their respective markets.

besides, the point im making has nothing to do with that. I just dont see any logic or sense in their being an "updated" product with a 4 year gap where its literally identical when there are obvious upgrade that can be made, apple just choose not to for a bizarre reason.

Even amongst other airpods it doesnt make sense, the pro's from 1 to 2 was a jump all round and so were the regular airpods with each iteration with reasonable improvements being made

Soldato
Just because a couple of major apple fanboys buy them doesnt make them a popular product. Siri is lightyears behind other assistant's and its simply a product that sells miniscule numbers compared to other apple products. The airpods are a FAR more popular and better product within their respective markets.

besides, the point im making has nothing to do with that. I just dont see any logic or sense in their being an "updated" product with a 4 year gap where its literally identical when there are obvious upgrade that can be made, apple just choose not to for a bizarre reason.

Even amongst other airpods it doesnt make sense, the pro's from 1 to 2 was a jump all round and so were the regular airpods with each iteration with reasonable improvements being made

Rather than just stating the flaws in the product can you not show a source that proves it doesn’t sell? You look at market share and it’s got a ~20% share of the market with amazon having ~60%, Amazon lose money on each device they sell whereas apple don’t, heck amazon practically give those dots away at times. They have a bigger market share than Sonos for example who people would say are a very popular product so it’s swings and roundabouts.

I’m not disputing that Siri is crap, it is, I even said it above.

It’s making money, it’s a profitable device and that’s just what apple does, they drip feed extra features and we all lap it up.

Back
Top Bottom