Poll: AirPods Max

Will you buy/have you bought AirPods Max?

• Yes

Votes: 26 11.7%
  • No

Votes: 196 88.3%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Sod it. I'm buying them tomorrow.

Question: AppleCare+ yes or no?
Usually I'd say yes, however I decided against with mine as they very rarely leave the house and I figured any major defects should be covered outside of having to make an insurance claim.

I think I got mine in 2021 (maybe even 2020) and I use them every day, and they're still working perfectly. Although the overhead mesh is a bit weak now but I suspect that wouldn't have been covered anyway.

Soldato
Usually I'd say yes, however I decided against with mine as they very rarely leave the house and I figured any major defects should be covered outside of having to make an insurance claim.

I think I got mine in 2021 (maybe even 2020) and I use them every day, and they're still working perfectly. Although the overhead mesh is a bit weak now but I suspect that wouldn't have been covered anyway.
Thank you. Quite looking forward to using them!

Soldato
I ordered them. Due to come Monday :D.
What colour did you for? Too late now because you've ordered, but the only complaint I have with mine is the discolouration of the mesh on the headband and the earcups. I have the silver, and if I could 'buy them again', I would get the space grey ones. The white on the mesh + headband now looks horrible, I've tried cleaning it but it doesn't work.

Apart from that, they're great headphones.

Commissario
I’ve been using mine more for watching films when I’m in the shack recently and they really are superb for that as well as listening to music. I’ve not tried them with the AppleTV yet, that’s supposed to be good as well.

Man of Honour
I’ve not tried them with the AppleTV yet, that’s supposed to be good as well.
One of my favourite things about them, they sound superb and it means I can crank up the volume once the family has gone to bed if I'm having a late evening.

Associate
Did buy a pair a few months back, they seem to sound pretty good but not as comfortable as my NC 700s probably due to the weight, however one thing I do like about them is that they don't have that plastic clunking/creaking noise when you move your head around.

Soldato
I’ve a pair of QC35ii, the AirPod Max and some DT1990 for over ears.

Honestly, the DT1990 get used the most, the QC35ii and finally the AirPod Maxs.

The DT1990 are at a desk and I really don’t mind the cable when sat there and they are the most comfortable and precise headphones you can get for the money imho. The QC35ii are lightweight, last forever, seem more reliable and are also more comfy and that is ultimately what matters when the sound quality is so close between these.
AirPod Max are beautiful. Very well made, sound superb but just feel as nice on the head, don’t last as long as the QC35ii, don’t sound as good as the DT1990 although there’s not all too much in it, have a stupid case and get bloody cold outside in cold weather.

When it comes to inner ears I’ve got a few different sets too from Sony, Cambridge Audio and Apple and I always find myself reaching for the Pro 2.

Whatever magic Apple found in the Pro 2 they need to find in the next Maxs. If they don’t then I can’t see myself buying them but sound is so subjective that I’ll probably buy them to feel disappointed like I did with the original Maxs as reviews were all over the place.

Soldato
They arrived about an hour ago and after a 10 second setup process I've been testing them. Have to say they are pretty impressive although you'd expect that at this price point.

Soldato
The update released yesterday has bricked mine completely. Worked this morning on the way to work then when I went to go home they were totally unresponsive to any input (i.e. no LED activity when trying to reset or connecting to charge). Hoping if I let the battery run flat then power back on they’ll resurrect themselves. :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The update released yesterday has bricked mine completely. Worked this morning on the way to work then when I went to go home they were totally unresponsive to any input (i.e. no LED activity when trying to reset or connecting to charge). Hoping if I let the battery run flat then power back on they’ll resurrect themselves. :(
I wonder if the update has messed mine up, after disconnecting from my Mac and putting them back in the case, if I put them on again I can't get them to reconnect.

Back
Top Bottom