Poll: AirPods Max

Will you buy/have you bought AirPods Max?

• Yes

Votes: 26 11.7%
  • No

Votes: 197 88.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Shared listening as well which is a god send if you have kids and want to enjoy a late night movie with your other half. Sonos don’t exactly have a good recent history with regards to UX quality and the new app is a travesty.

I have to add my Sonos roam back to my system nearly every time I want to use it. Massive pain in the bottom.
How does shared listening work.

More than 1 headphone paired to apple TV?

Soldato
One thing I'd love to see in a new Max model would be able to listen using a cable so you could hear true lossless audio from Apple Music. I believe one of the Beats models supports this so it isn't that outrageous.

Soldato
Any of you using AirPods Pro 2 as well? I am considering a set as something to have until the new Max arrive (if ever). Do you think it would be good for music, travelling, watching TV or will I be disappointed? I am fully in Apple ecosystem (phone, watch, MacBook, Apple TV etc).

I currently use Philips Fidelio X2HR and plain old apple earbuds. X2HR are great and so comfy. The earbuds are surprisingly okay but fall out a lot. I tried Anker Soundcore Q30 as got them on a deal and they were really disappointing despite the positive reviews. Cheaper set, but drop outs and horrendous latency on BT and really with quite poor bass clarity and need EQ’ing so much out the box it wasn’t worth it.

Man of Honour
I have Pro 2 and the Max. I mainly use the Max for work but they are excellent, I also really like the Pro 2's.

We also have XM5 and QC35 in the house.

Last edited:
Associate
Been thinking of getting a pair of Max's but I've been patiently waiting for them to have a decent discount.

Speaking of the Pro's, I have the 2019 pair (the first 'Pro' version I believe) and I recently noticed sound quality is pretty poor, especially the base as it appears to be non existent. Anyone know of a fix or a way to test/reset/update?

Associate
Clean them.

Already clean. Like new just how I like to maintain all my products.

They’re up to date. Just seen how to reset them so I’ll try that. Otherwise I think they’re buggered. I occasionally get a weird crackling sound from one of them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Already clean. Like new just how I like to maintain all my products.

They’re up to date. Just seen how to reset them so I’ll try that. Otherwise I think they’re buggered. I occasionally get a weird crackling sound from one of them.
The original Pro 1st gen was the most unreliable Apple product I own(ed). Had to get it repaired three times (to Apples credit it was free all those times). In the end I got them repaired and then gave them to my Mum. I just have the 2nd Gen Pros and the Max now and both are flawless.

Soldato
Thanks. I actually got the Pro 2s ‘for now’ and find them excellent in most regards. Quite impressive for earbuds, although over-ears with these features and some improvements on the current Max would be almost perfect. That said, the Pro 2s are that good I may just stick with them and my wired Philips X2HRs.

Associate
I feel I’m in the market for either some max or pros2, my pros1 left is depleting a load quicker than the other one where it dies while the other still has half battery left.

I have the mic set to automatic in the settings so shouldn’t be that.

Associate
I feel I’m in the market for either some max or pros2, my pros1 left is depleting a load quicker than the other one where it dies while the other still has half battery left.

I have the mic set to automatic in the settings so shouldn’t be that.

Mine have been doing that too.

I’ve been holding out for Max discount but they always sit at £499 and sometimes have a small discount.

I keep looking at the Sony XM4/5 but I would like the seamless switching from iPhone to MacBook etc when using the Max’s

Back
Top Bottom