The most awesome sequence(s) in games you've played

Soldato
think someone already mentioned, the 2 man sniper mission in cod4 was awsome, fighting all the way in, lieing in the grass as tanks and 40 men rumble past inches away. Then having to carry the other guy out and hold off a massive attack from the feris wheel while waiting for rescue

Associate
Bioshock, the whole game is one awesome sequence, but if I have to pick just one... i guess it has to be when you discover who Atlas really is and then waking up in Tenebaums safe house and having the little sisters comment on how you're the one that hurts them and how mean you are (providing you harvested like I did lol:D)

Associate
The Omaha beach landing in MOHAA. Old hat now of course, but at the time it was pretty intense, hadn't seen anything like that before.

Aye that was awesome, 'felt' realistic too.

I'm playing through Episode 2 again, and playing the part where you have to fend off the ant lions from the tunnels.. It's just so cool. But when all of the tunnels end up with three red light... That part is just so awesome it's untrue. Having all of those Vortigons (no idea how you spell that) owning all of them ant lions is made out of pure awesome.

That was fun, the music in the background went brilliantlly with it :D

Caporegime
yeah beach sequence in moh is good .unreal either 1 or 2 where you enter a corridor and all the lights go one by one :p truly awesome.

doom3 when the spider things attack for first time.i was like woah wtf .

A great sequence is stalker where your in a tunnel and you here a erie noise and its this manthing beast and if you look at it it zooms in and kills you.

Man of Honour
Here's some of my memorable faves:

Unreal: When you meet your first Skaarj on level 3.... you know the bit, where you suddenly find your path blocked, then the lights shut off one by one, run back the other way to find it also blocked, you hear a roar, desperately throw down a flare before it emerges from the darkness. Pure class.

CoD: Quite a few sections in all the games, but the Stalingrad level is just MENTAL, really drives home the fury of war

Freespace 2: One of the early missions where you are really up against it, and then a massive cruiser comes in to save you, beam cannon blazing from miles away. Have some of that!

Max Payne 2: The 3DR/DNF parodies on the police station level, pure class, especially the guy on the toilet "I'll come out when I'm done!!" :D:D:D:D:D

MOH:pA: The attack on Pearl Harbour, great atmosphere

Halflife 2: The entrance to Nova Prospekt when you lead your antlion army in to attack the enemy position, shooting down choppers etc. One of the most manic combat sections of the whole game.

Unreal 2: Defending a space station from attack by positioning static defences, forcefields, teammates etc. Great little set piece.

Doom 2: Map 17 (tenements) in co-op mode, opening the door to the main courtyard and finding a Cyberdemon there! We were like WTF?!? There's no cyberdemon on this level?

Soldato
Every cutscene following a major acheivement in Full Throttle. Nothing else has left quite such a mark, really.

That or in Myst when you realise......well.........

Bioshock twist was awesome too....for a change, in a modern game.

Last edited:

Klo

Klo

Soldato
The beginning of Bioshock, quite a few bits in COD4, that train station bit in HL2, various bits throughout HL2 + expansions, Age of Mythology for some reason, the opening cut scene.

Associate
Post above reminded me of D3.. the opening bits until all hell let loose (oh dear :p) was ingenious. Great atmosphere, the opening music, the voice acting and unknowns you're thinking of.. the lighting, shadows..... amazing.

Soldato
[SIZE=-1]Frontier beginning intro was great at the time,loved the music and the spaceship landing and mechwarrior intros aswell
[/SIZE]

Soldato
Hrm.. I think all the ones I remember have been mentioned.

Nothing will ever beat HL1, when you see the soldiers for the first time and you think "wahay the cavalry have arrived". Coming down the stairs and you see them, then you see the scientist they're with. I stopped to view the scene and then suddently baam.. scientist is shot. I'm thinking.. wtf.. wtf.. WTF?? I take a few steps forward and they see me. I'm too shocked to do anything for a second and they start shooting. All I can do is run away and try to recover.

Truly phenomonel.

MOH:AA beach landing was fantastic. Dirt getting blown up in your face. I had to attempt it so many times but I didn't care one bit.

Portal after the fire scene.

Bioshock opening sequence.

Colonisation, first time I won, pretty fireworks.

Numerous flights back in F19:SF when I'm running out of fuel and my plane was damaged. Trying to find that perfect balance between speed and fuel consumption.

COD2 had some very nice sequences. The german rushes in the russian part. Tank battles in the desert.

I know there's a lot more I can't remember. The only game lately that's stuck in my head is portal. COD4 was okay but I've only done the first two missions. Have no motivation to continue. Just like I have no motivation to continue Ep1 and Ep2 even though I own them both. Got 20 min into ep1 then stopped. Never went back to it.

Single Player games just don't hold me anymore these days.

Back
Top Bottom