The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
It was only a matter of time but it looks as if talks over Dalglish getting the LFC job permanently have begun (and I can't imagine they will take long):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...h-Kenny-Dalglish-over-full-time-contract.html

Prior to getting the job in January, I only ever saw Dalglish as a short-term appointment but the way in which he's turned things around, he can't not be given the job. It's hard to not wonder what might have been had he got the job in the summer (like he should have) ahead of Hodgson; we could have seriously challenged for a CL spot.

Don
Isn't there still 18 months to run on Spurs's current deals?

And I assume that £15m would be for both league and cups (iinm they're only paying £2.5m for cups only), in which case it's not a massive improvement on what they're already getting.

Don
Spurs and their best squad in the league are going to feel a bit stupid when we finish above them this season and when they into admin this time next season :p

Don
Won't bother starting a new thread for it until it's 100% confirmed but it looks as if our owners have decided to go down the redevelopment route regarding our stadium issue and an announcement is due anytime.

Since the day they tookover, the noises coming out of the club were suggesting that the owners were leaning towards a redevelopment of Anfield rather than a new build. Over the last week all the rumours have gathered a lot of pace, to such an extent that it's now being talked about as fact.

Some rumours are saying that the redevelopment could begin as early as next season, starting with a new tier being added to the Anfield Road stand; meaning the stand would be closed for a season (bringing the capacity down to 37,000 (1 of the reasons why a redevelopment was never seriously considered before)) and possibly that there will be no away supporters at Anfield for that season.

As I've said before, providing Anfield can be redeveloped (even if it's staggered over 5+ years) to an extent where by it generated similar income to a new build, I'm all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom