The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Thought we could do with a thread just for stories and such that don't fit anywhere else or are worthy of their own thread.

Just been linked to this. :D

Caporegime
Did the Fat Sam stuff get posted in the CL thread? He's being quoted as saying he's not suited for Blackburn/Bolton, he'd do better at Utd/Real Madrid, and if he managed either, he'd easily win the league every year, probably the double.

Maybe the funniest story in football for years.

EDIT:- THe Charlton penalties were better/funnier :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I was just going to post the Allardyce quote.

Fat Sam said:
"I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Inter or Real Madrid," Allardyce said. "It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time. Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem. It's not where I'm suited to, it's just where I've been for most of the time.

Ahahahahaha my sides.

Caporegime
I was just going to post the Allardyce quote.

Ahahahahaha my sides.

I especially like that he compared himself with Hughes, who WAS completely unfairly fired, with 2 losses, the lowest in the league, and scored more points per game played than Mancini managed with even more spending and better players in the second half of the season.

He was at Newcastle, he bought in UTTER rubbish for huge cash(comparitively) a bunch of end of career has been's on huge wages, and kept losing, he was fired because he had them playing terrible football, on huge money.

Yet he thinks that, unlike Mourinho, Ancelloti, Scalari, Ferguson or Wenger, all who have proven themselves, mostly many many times over, are worse managers than he is because he can EASILY win the league and the double aswell EVERY season, something none of the above managed. Few won the league easily and non have won it for 10 years on the trot as Fat Sam seems to think he can.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen a manager say something so utterly deluded, also while talking himself out of a job, he sucks balls, and he's told the owners he's not suited to the job?

Phil Brown seemingly making up talking a woman down from killing herself is pretty close though, but still not as mental as Fat Sam.

Don
You know what the funniest thing is? Fat Sam most probably applied for the Inter and Real jobs in the summer.

The guy is the most deluded fat **** in football.

Soldato
maybe it's just dull to everyone else but did anyone else hear how the Glazer's own at least 20% of the PIKS secured against United?

Don
I was thinking more general threads on connected subjects such as injuries etc

I will see whet the others think

when we stopped the single club threads things improved as they were just a mish mash of mutiple topics

anyway I will see what the others think

Soldato
I'd guess you got more activity and banter in the transfer thread than you did in the entire forum in the time preceeding it. Couldn't we trial it for a short period and if it eithr gets out of hand or people from certain clubs get excluded then it's no buggy to shut it down.

After all it's probably only a few weeks until we open a January transfer rumpled and discussions thread, having this parallel may actually mean that one stays on topic!

Don
Looks like the decision will be no, when the club threads were stopped things improved a lot and this sounds just as bad if not worse

as I said you can have loads of threads on a related topic but this would just be really messy, tbh the transfer thread was not great

Soldato
Fair enough, the Mods get the final say after all.

The summer transfer thread would probably be one I'd put in the 'for' column in terms of having a miscellaneous banter thread though!

Soldato
Looks like the decision will be no, when the club threads were stopped things improved a lot and this sounds just as bad if not worse

as I said you can have loads of threads on a related topic but this would just be really messy, tbh the transfer thread was not great

Who's opinion was it that the forums improved?

Used to enjoy the club threads and saw nothing wrong with them whatsoever. It just seemed like certain people were getting high and mighty because not as many people on here supported the team they did.

Man of Honour
I guess it keeps people more involved when there are general threads. When club specific threads are about I know I'd rarely venture into a UTD or Liverpool one. Though to be fair the number of clubs supported by that many people are so few you'd only end up with a couple. We'd realistically have 8 or so that are consistently busy.

Still think e.g. a Prem only thread with general guff would be a good idea. Like the e.g. design me a sig/random picture thread you could keep delete them when they get out of hand.

I think otherwise you're going to end up with lots of little threads with just 20 or so posts. Like we have one thread with Spurs doing a charity thing, Fat Sam being weird and Bullard doing another thing. It'd be like a monthly 'Youtube vid only' thread - surely that'd keep it cleaner in here?

Man of Honour
I think that the current set-up is just fine. If there is a subject that warrants a discussion then a thread is started and it can be seen. These threads don’t clutter the place. The weekly league thread is sufficient for any so called “banter” that is relevant.

This thread will end up with lots of meaningless dross which people have probably picked up from their club forums or the likes of twitter or the press. There will be endless videos that really belong elsewhere. If the transfer thread is anything to go by then it will end up being full of rubbish late night chit chat which again people can have elsewhere. Finding something interesting will just be a chore.

If people want gossip then the web is full of it and doesn’t need yet another home. We have an excellent clear and interesting forum and let’s leave it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom