The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Of course the quality of you teammates will effect how many assists (and goals) you'll get. The point I'm making is that if you're in a team where you're the main focal point in attack, you're more likely to be involved in a higher % of the teams' goals, whether that be scoring or assisting.
Then what is the difference between Messi's and Ronaldo's respective positions?

Soldato
Ronaldo is more useful for a season imo, playing him is pretty much a guaranteed 3 points against bad sides.

But he isn't

A 0-0 draw the other day against a team they beat 8-0 earlier in a season and left Jose banging on about "anti football" style of play.

He didn't get them the 3 points then did he?

Messi got the only goal last night to grab barca 3, he has done it various times throughout the season so far.

Also just see Fergie is to be charged by the FA but what I do not understand is this bit....

"Ferguson has until 1600 GMT next Tuesday to respond to the charge.

He also has two matches of a four-game ban from last season hanging over him after remarks about referee Alan Wiley."

How has he got 2 games left of a four game ban? Why have they not all been spent?
I really do not understand the punishment in football it seems so backwards, inconsistent, far to lenient and they seem to pick and chose when they want to use video evidence to punish someone.

Last edited:
Soldato
But he isn't

A 0-0 draw the other day against a team they beat 8-0 earlier in a season and left Jose banging on about "anti football" style of play.

He didn't get them the 3 points then did he?

Messi got the only goal last night to grab barca 3, he has done it various times throughout the season so far.

Also just see Fergie is to be charged by the FA but what I do not understand is this bit....

"Ferguson has until 1600 GMT next Tuesday to respond to the charge.

He also has two matches of a four-game ban from last season hanging over him after remarks about referee Alan Wiley."

How has he got 2 games left of a four game ban? Why have they not all been spent?
I really do not understand the punishment in football it seems so backwards, inconsistent, far to lenient and they seem to pick and chose when they want to use video evidence to punish someone.

Suspended sentence.

Caporegime
I should have made it clear that is not a criticism as I knew you or another Manc would get upset with that. The same could be said for near enough every other club on the planet but not Barca. Barca have had the same system and style of play for at least the past 7 years.

7 years ago just happens to be when Messi broke into the team ;)

Soldato
Associate
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6793454,00.html

Stephen Ireland said:
"Houllier asked me to come and live in Birmingham because it was taking me 75 minutes to come to training. But there were 15 players in the same position as me. Some came from London and took more than two hours, but he only asked me to move," he continued.

"For a start, Birmingham is a c**p city and I wasn't going to make the effort, especially as I wasn't playing. Might as well be in Manchester if I had to stay home on match days.

Stephen Ireland said:
Ireland retired from international football with his native Republic of Ireland four years ago, but he has no regrets and insists he feels nothing for his homeland, or even his hometown of Cork.

"I don't give a damn for Ireland. Live in Cork? I'd rather shoot myself. I prefer Los Angeles," he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom