*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Just received an email from Vodafone:

Important information about your iPhone 5 order

Thanks once again for placing your iPhone 5 order with us - the launch day is 21 September.

There's a small chance that we won't be able to get your parcel out to you as soon after this day as we would have hoped. Unfortunately, high demand means that we're still waiting for stock to be available from the manufacturer and this could mean another few days' wait. Don't worry - your order is still absolutely safe and there's nothing for you to do.

Keep an eye on stock changes and delivery estimates over in our eForum. We're going to be updating it every day.

We also promise to keep in touch by email with important information on your order - we know how much you must be looking forward to it.

Err, I was looking forward to it.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I take it you missed the bit where I said by 'appointment' :confused:

people aren't going to turn up for a 10:30 appointment at 9:00 o'clock are they.. :rolleyes:

and also if he's said you'll be in and out in five minutes fortifies the fact i wont be queuing.. else there would be no point in making an appointment would there..

ide assume there will be a separate queue of people who haven't pre-ordered and just there 'hoping' to get their hands on one.

:rolleyes: Appointment or not, why would you turn up at 9:00am on the launch day, when the store opens at 9.

There will be loads of people there looking to buy, and you will end up having to wait anyway. They probably will be a dedicated queue for those collecting, but it's still the worst time you could have picked.

Associate
Just been on the phone to several T-Mobile branches as I will need to go for a nano sim tomorrow when my phone arrives from Apple :)

I always call round a few places and poll the results incase you come across someone not knowing and making up the answer.

Anyway, all three branches said they had 'loads in' and I asked if they had spare after upgrades/new connections, the girl said 'yeh, of course, cos were only getting 4 handsets in and we have 50 nano sims'

:)

Associate
:rolleyes: Appointment or not, why would you turn up at 9:00am on the launch day, when the store opens at 9.

There will be loads of people there looking to buy, and you will end up having to wait anyway. They probably will be a dedicated queue for those collecting, but it's still the worst time you could have picked.

there will still be people trying to buy at 10 o'clock probably through till 1pm..

if I'm still going to have to wait like you say, why didn't he just call and say

'Hi your phone has arrived, please come at anytime tomorrow and queue up with the rest of the other sad sheep, thanks bye"

Why would he ask ME what time I wanted to pick MY phone??

I dont get why your challenging it? Your either one of the sad sheep or your not getting one.. one of the two.

Associate
ups_zps6be06abb.png

Thought might as well... lol

Caporegime
Just been on the phone to several T-Mobile branches as I will need to go for a nano sim tomorrow when my phone arrives from Apple :)

I always call round a few places and poll the results incase you come across someone not knowing and making up the answer.

Anyway, all three branches said they had 'loads in' and I asked if they had spare after upgrades/new connections, the girl said 'yeh, of course, cos were only getting 4 handsets in and we have 50 nano sims'

:)
Excellent - will assume the same with my local store. Wont need to rush down there neither. Now to wonder if I cba to queue to get the white...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
I phoned Vodafone about 1530 and was told my approx delivery date was Mon 24th, that was after the order went through on the 15th.
The operator also mentioned that they had received a memo on the 18th advising that stock of the 16gb black and white and 32gb black was gong to low from Apple and that potentially the wait could be 2-3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom