*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Man of Honour
http://www.apple.com/iphone/

AKmgzl.png.jpg

Specifications: http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

Main things of note:

• Full US LTE, limited worldwide 4G LTE
  • 4-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display - 1136-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi - IPS, 44 per cent more colour saturation
  • 8-megapixel iSight camera - Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
  • Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery (Standby time: Up to 225 hours; Internet use: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 8 hours on LTE, up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi; Video playback: Up to 10 hours)
  • Apple A6 chip (2X faster than iPhone 4S)
  • Size: 7.6mm thin - Weight: 112 grams
  • nanoSIM*
  • Three microphones, Wideband Audio
  • Lightning: 8 signal dock connector
  • iOS 6
  • New 'EarPod' headphones
  • Available in Black/Slate and White/Silver
  • 16, 32 and 64GB models

Price: 16GB model starting at £529 from the Apple Store.

Release:

21st September - UK, US, Canada, France, Germany, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore.

28th September - Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland

Everywhere else will have it by the end of the year.

* nanoSIM - you can't cut a normal/micro SIM down, you will need a completely new SIM card for the iPhone 5.

Actual pictures:

3WKtdl.jpg

x5KQ8l.jpg

eS7W3l.jpg

c75hXl.jpg

0aJT9l.jpg

Xcsoul.jpg

TfdQKl.jpg

Video:

Last edited:
Soldato
Better battery for me too. Had a couple of 4S' now due to dropped screen etc and all have had poor battery. That and a slightly larger screen and I will be happy.

It looks like I might have to stick it out with my 4S for a while though before I can afford one

Permabanned
Well i come from the iPhone 4 (My first iPhone) to iPhone 4S and found the Difference to be well worth the upgrade, so looking forward to seeing what the jump will be this time,

Screen. I wouldnt want any more then 4" or the device will be to wide, I personal think 3.7 would be the right spot,

I really like the design and build of the 4/4s so hope they dont go to far from this.

A larger battery. - this would be nice but not sure if it can be done with bigger screen and other upgrades,

I think the camera on the 4s is very very good so pretty happy if this isnt upgraded with this refresh,

Storage needs to be much high, the cost is much lower then it was when they first started making phones so I dont see why they dont do a 64gb/128gb/256gb options???

And software wise im pretty sure iOS 6 will have a iPhone only options but im not sure what they could be?

Soldato
Larger screen, better battery & more RAM for me are the main things. Obviously you'll see an improved CPU and GPU as well, probably not a large jump but more of an incremental one. Haven't got the 4S so don't know what the camera is like so can't comment but always nice to have more improvements. Improved WIFI & antenna would be nice but probably won't happen. Not that fussed about storage myself but for many having bigger storage option would be handy.

I'd want the screen ideally to be 4.3", I don't think that is as big as people make it as being. I do find the current screen too small especially after using an iPad, everything looks so small lol. I'm expecting around 4" though

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Just as people were getting used to the idea of a micro-SIM, we're now going to have nano-SIMs...

iPhone 5 release date looms, networks stock up on nano-SIMs

The iPhone 5 is so close now that phone networks are stocking up on a new type of SIM card unique to the hotly-anticipated next Apple phone.

The iPhone 5 -- or new iPhone, or whatever it's called -- is set to be the first to use nano-SIM cards. Nano-SIMs are a new format of SIM card, even smaller than the micro-SIM cards employed in the current iPhone 4S.

The Financial Times reports that networks in Europe are stockpiling the new SIM cards, which are 40 per cent smaller than the micro-SIM cards first appearing in the iPad in 2010.

The nano-SIM measures 12.3 by 8.8mm and trims off most of the plastic surrounding the chip, which holds your phone number and associates the phone with your personage.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/iphone-5-release-date-looms-networks-stock-up-on-nano-sims-50008632/

Permabanned
my first apple product was an ipad hd recently.

decided I will most likely get the new iphone provided it looks good (my contract expires in september).

hopefully it will have an amazing screen and no lag.

Soldato
Have a 4s at the moment.

I really hope they redesign iOS even though I know they won't. I'm so bored of it.

I'm waiting for the iphone 5 to be released, if it's not very exciting I think I may go for a SGS3.

Soldato
I have an iPhone 4, I didn't really see the point in upgrading to the 4S but I'll probably be upgrading to the 5 when it comes out. I just hope it has a larger screen really.

Associate
Unless it's ready for the UK LTE deployment next year think i'll pass on it, as you'll want to upgrade in a year for that when it finally arrives in 2013.

Soldato
Oh yeah forgot about LTE, hopefully it will work with the UK specs. I experienced LTE in America and my god is it fast need the government and couriers here to pull their finger out and hurry with getting it set up here now!

Soldato
When are we looking at for the release? Coincide with iOS 6?

I'm still on my trusty 3GS, but its battery is beginning to fade. Poor blighter struggles to hold a days charge.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
This needs to hurry up, ive had my iphone 4 since launch and its really starting to show signs of its age ... What we looking at, early september release?

Sam

Back
Top Bottom