** NEW CORSAIR LCS OFFERINGS AT OCUK **

Soldato
I have been playing around with my H100i and now have it fitted running with my 4 Arctic PWM fans connected via a PWM splitter to the mainboard. Having it set up like this has made a huge difference to my temps. My max temp whilst running IBT on very high is now 62.c which is nearly 10.c cooler than the H100i with the stock fans.

It seems the cooler has a lot better cooling potential than the H100 but is supplied with crap fans or the onboard fan controller is no good. I still cannot get the link software to install. I have an unknown device in device manager and cannot get it to take the drivers no matter what. I have read there may be issues on Win 8 so it could be that.

H100i running with 4 x Arctic PWM fans connected to the CPU header using a PWM splitter.

P1070527.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Hey there

Fitted an H80i on friday night & yes I have had the rattling with the stock fans.

So I am using a pair of Venoms connected/controlled via pwm on the same Gigabyte motherboard that you are using in your rig.

All seems to be running fine via the motherboard & the pump is running nice and quiet to.

Dont think the link software supports Windows 8 yet so that could be why you cant install it, hope it gets updated soon by Corsair.

Cheers all

Associate
So having tested this thing to death outside my case the details of which you can find on the corsair forums in my long post I've come across far too many blocking issues and have no choice but to return it. It's a shame really. It was such a great product on paper and I really wanted to keep it but it needs more time and work by Corsair. For now I'll stick with my H100 and see what else is out there.

Soldato
Good news - we've approved the firmware update (to rev 1.0.4) and it's ready to go. It does, however, require an update to the Corsair Link Software (to rev 2.2.0) which is under qualification today. We will have the new firmware and software revisions up on the website tomorrow or Wednesday, at the latest.
In the meantime, if you are experiencing the fan buzzing noise at low speeds, go into the profile in Corsair Link and select "Balanced" mode or higher, and that will reduce/eliminate the buzzing noise.

Sounds like they fixed it.

Soldato
Soldato
The Hydro Series H100i outperforms anything currently on the market and attains the moniker it has been given ‘Extreme’.
How can H100i 120mm x mm x 240mm x 27mm radiator (288sq.cm surface area) outperform NZXT Kraken X60 AIO 138.4 x 27.0 x 280mm radiator (389sq.cm surface area)?

Soldato
Heat dissipation is a combination of many factors rather than just the radiator size. Just to list a few: radiator size, flow rate, fluid used, materials used, thickness of materials, surface area, fan flow rate through the radiator, heat transfer from the CPU to the cold plate etc....

Soldato
I know all of that.
Heatsink surface area (fins on inside of heatsink) and flowrate are important.
But radiator area is biggest part of cooling.. and saying "outperforms anything currently on the market" when there is another CLC on the market with a radiator 35% bigger than H100i and same thickness looks highly suspect to me.

Vortez did not say "best we have reviewed". They said "outperforms anything currently on the market".
Especially when there is nothing to back it up.

H100i fans:
airflow 77 CFM
static pressure 4mm/H20

Kraken X60 fan:
Air Flow 54 - 98.3 CFM
Air Pressure 0.8 - 2.2 mm-H2O

Kraken fans flow more air at less pressure so probably very similar overall, but with a 35% bigger surface area on radiator my money is on Kraken being at least as good.. and probably better cooling.

Soldato
Our review isn't currently visible on the site (although the link is active) due to Corsair wanting us and other media to hold back for a firmware update until properly publishing. So, meanwhile the article has since been edited.

Doyll your comments are correct regarding "market". Instead it should have been 'what we have reviewed' and this has been picked up by an editor and corrected. Thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
I know all of that.
Heatsink surface area (fins on inside of heatsink) and flowrate are important.
But radiator area is biggest part of cooling.. and saying "outperforms anything currently on the market" when there is another CLC on the market with a radiator 35% bigger than H100i and same thickness looks highly suspect to me.

Vortez did not say "best we have reviewed". They said "outperforms anything currently on the market".
Especially when there is nothing to back it up.

H100i fans:
airflow 77 CFM
static pressure 4mm/H20

Kraken X60 fan:
Air Flow 54 - 98.3 CFM
Air Pressure 0.8 - 2.2 mm-H2O

Kraken fans flow more air at less pressure so probably very similar overall, but with a 35% bigger surface area on radiator my money is on Kraken being at least as good.. and probably better cooling.

Flow rate within the system is one of the greatest factors not just the radiator size. I would say the three greatest are the radiator, air flow and water flow. Clearly the temperature it can achieve will back up their claims.

Last edited:
Soldato
Our review isn't currently visible on the site (although the link is active) due to Corsair wanting us and other media to hold back for a firmware update until properly publishing. So, meanwhile the article has since been edited.
Just Googled and find this saying it's been available for 21 hours. :rolleyes:
Corsair Hydro Series H100i Review - Introduction
www.vortez.net/articles.../corsair_hydro_series_h100i_review,1.html
21 hours ago – Equipped with Corsair Link, high-RPM SP120 based cooling fans and a new design, can H100i liquid CPU cooler offer much advantage over ...

Doyll your comments are correct regarding "market". Instead it should have been 'what we have reviewed' and this has been picked up by an editor and corrected. Thanks!
Just opened link from above Google and find this:
The Hydro Series H100i outperforms anything currently on the market and attains the moniker it has been given ‘Extreme’.

:confused::confused:

Back
Top Bottom