SETI@Home & Projects News Vol. 187 21st October to 29th October 2012

Man of Honour
Do you use Boinctasks? You can edit it from in there.

Otherwise its in the directory assigned to boinc data which is (on win7) C:\ProgramData\BOINC\

Personally I tell Boinc to go shove it when installing and make it put its stuff in X:\boinc\programs and x:\boinc\data so I don't have to faff about.

Soldato
I really should look in more often as well as check my rig. Had a look to see if Id hit the 50 mil mark yet, not only am I nowhere near, but my RAC is a pathetic 20K and this is with 2 470's and a 480.
The GPU units are taking anywhere between 1-2hrs each with 2 on each card..
Temps are OK, gfx usage is steady in the high 90's and nothing in the logs to indicate any issues. Are we in the middle of a cloud of crap units as looking at the stats, most peoples averages are down at the moment?
Good job as I don't want that young scallywag br83taylor knocking on my cell door..

Man of Honour
Not sure, switched my GTX470's over to Folding when b0rkeley went **** up again last week, it was just too much hassle baby sitting that rig trying to get WU's so just thought I'd play with the new beta WU's on Folding while the dust settled.

Trouble is I had a 8102 on one of the dodeca rigs, plus the new beta folding wu's on a couple of the gpu's and this pushed my PPD up to over a million :eek: so I got a bit addicted :)

No doubt once the actual PPD stabilises on the beta folding WU's I'll return, maybe. :)

Soldato
Think it's the lack of units at the moment, mine is struggling to get any at the moment but when I do get some my 670s run through them without any issues?

I've switched my GPUs onto GPUGRID when there's no seti work and the CPU switches to PrimeGrid

Associate
I really should look in more often as well as check my rig. Had a look to see if Id hit the 50 mil mark yet, not only am I nowhere near, but my RAC is a pathetic 20K and this is with 2 470's and a 480.
The GPU units are taking anywhere between 1-2hrs each with 2 on each card..
Temps are OK, gfx usage is steady in the high 90's and nothing in the logs to indicate any issues. Are we in the middle of a cloud of crap units as looking at the stats, most peoples averages are down at the moment?
Good job as I don't want that young scallywag br83taylor knocking on my cell door..

I have a 560ti and if I push the overclock too far the screen/windows doesn't crash but I get the same symptoms - the way I see it is the long crunch time and low temps (low 40s instead of high 60s). A restart clears mine.

FluffySheep

Soldato
I have a 560ti and if I push the overclock too far the screen/windows doesn't crash but I get the same symptoms - the way I see it is the long crunch time and low temps (low 40s instead of high 60s). A restart clears mine.

FluffySheep

Im thinking I need a complete rebuild as well as a new HDD as it is now failing the S.M.A.R.T test when I reboot.
Not what I wanted this side of xmas :mad:

Soldato
OP
Been a right royal carry on at the towers, rma/change of mind/lack of money all the usual pillava but had some good news today. Finally got a good set of hex core xeons and after 3 days of trying got the sr2 working as well.

Am going to catch up on stuff i have missed and get this rig all singing/dancing etc and enjoy the run up to christmas i will start crunching again between christmas and the new year.

Yeah i know for some people its easy to look on and see "oh he's not crunching ..... traitor" or "oh yeah he is crunching again" but the ups and downs of the last few months and you would understand the break soooooooo......

I dont mind a sentence of 1 week on old spanky infact i think i will enjoy it :)

Soldato
OP
Thank you chaps tis an honour to be back in the vacinity ....... am not going to venture near the overclocking section for a few days just want to enjoy the little git at stock :)

Just waiting on a second set of bolts to arrive then I can wc the second cpu, looks a bit funky with 1 on water 1 stock cooler but I knew I was onto a winner with me anglegrinded xeon backplate and asus go faster stripes (like I said its only temporary :o)

Last edited:

Tel

Tel

Associate
cpartcert1.php

cpartcert1.php

Latest results :)

Soldato
OP
Oooooo tiffys nice ones too thats what i missed:)

I errrr.... did not keep a very good backup of stuff before my vacation could i trouble someone for lunatics optimised 0.40 please i also forgot those couple of line to tell compooper to use all gpu's.

Much appreciated in advance couldn't wait till after christmas i started around 4am this morning :)

Please email via trust thank yee kindly

Back
Top Bottom